TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 - Ask Ride Companies a Question!

Question for B&M: On your Wing Rider coasters, I noticed there is a maximum height limit, something which does not exist for your other coaster types. What is the reason for this, and given your attentiveness to making your coasters as accessible to as many as possible, is this something you are working to circumvent on future installations?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Premier: We all know you are replacing the trains on Goliath at SFNE and that it was held back for some reason. Was this delay on yours or SFNEs part and if it was on yours, what design changes did you do to make the train be more comfortable and reliable.

Question for Hopkins Rides, LLC: Looking at your new website, it appears as if you are coming back in a big way as a manufacturer specializing in water rides including log flumes, super flumes, raft rides and chutes rides. Has there been significant interest in new installations of these ride types, and can we expect to see a rebirth and resurgence of these classic types of rides, as many parks have retired their old versions of them?

Premier: Why did you choose to do three row cars as your standard car size? Wouldn't those have a more difficult time navigating tight track radii as opposed to a one or two row car, even with today's modern train and wheel assemblies?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Doesn't the Mr. Feezes, Speed, Chiller, Flight of Fears, Stunt Coasters, Jokers Jinx, Poltergeist, etc, all run two row cars? I thought only a couple of their newer coasters have the three car train. Do you mean more like "Why did you switch from two to three rows?"

I really don't know what you're getting at here.

I was referring to their newer models. They haven't made those since... *checks RCDB* counting the Italian Job/Backlot triplets, 2005, excluding the Backlot/Italian Job triplets, since 2000, so yes, I do mean more like as you restated the question as to why they switched to a seemingly less flexible train.

Intamin: Your company was already known for fantastic steel coasters a decade ago. What inspired you to get into designing wood coasters as well?

RMC: Do you feel that your work is narrowing the definition between a wood coaster and a steel coaster?

Your questions have been disqualified. PLEASE READ THE RULES!!!!

3. Ask as many questions as you like, but each question MUST be in a separate post!

Rocky Mountain Coasters:

Your own installations like New Texas Giant and Iron Rattle are crazy and groundbraking wooden coasters. BUT I also know that you in the past has constructed wooden coasters for other companies like eg the Intamin prefab El Toro which is an airtime monster. Have you ever considered making a coasterv based solely based on airtime like El Toro for yourselves?

GCI:

I have ridden some of your newer coasters like Troy and Joris which are glass smooth. I've also ridden some of your older rides like Roar and Wildcat which are almost unbearably rough! Have you ever considered using topper track on your woodies to prevent them from ageing that drastically?