TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shortest Arrow Dynamics loop coaster in the World?

All of the coaster is depicted in this one image:

I've been on this coaster many times, however I've always felt it was too short, except the chain lift

This is built by Arrow. Is this the shortest coaster they have ever built, of this type? Or something else would fit the title?

EDIT: The name of this is Halilintar, in Dunia Fantasi in Jakarta, Indonesia.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll bring out my inner coaster-geek in me (there's not much there, trust me ) and say that's just a "standard" Arrow looper-double-corkscrew coaster.

Sea Viper at Sea World in Australia is pretty much exactly the same as this one. I think there are a few other survivors around the traps, the more knowledgable amongst you would be better placed to answer that.

How can something so pretty be so painful...

Some people like their beauty to come with a little pain....

In all reality: Tennessee Tornado rolls in at 2682 ft. long- a good 'average' length for an Arrow, while the Arrow Loop-Screw combos rank in at around 1500 ft. long.

"It's not the size that matters, but rather, how good your screw is."

R.D.

Yay, there is a clone somewhere!

So the double corkscrew coaster is their shortest model?

There are a few of them still around. The old Rocky Point Corkscrew is now the Wild Thing at Wild Waves in Washington. Canobie Lake Park still has one of the even shorter, loop-less models, though possibly not for much longer according to some rumors I've been hearing, which is rather sad since last time I was on it, it was a surprisingly smooth, well-maintained example of a slowly dying breed. Far different from a few years before when it felt like it was on the verge of falling apart.

Edited by Rai Fox

I just rode Canobie's double-corkscrew Arrow on Saturday and it's not very rough at all and still very fun to ride, even getting a new blue/teal paint-job to replace the fading yellow. Here's a couple shots. This version drops, banks right into a double corkscrew , no loop.

578801_513419225340420_1521838831_n.jpg.a69ddbc22595e093d9778a76f5a17c6b.jpg

Canobie Corkscrew on the lift

562668_513419285340414_2097438654_n.jpg.9df758f47c5933313b0d78a1c8593fd7.jpg

The first of two corkscrews

You should ride Revolution at Blackpool now, Silky smooth when I rode a month and a bit ago. It's refurb really has been worth it.

I noticed that too when I was there last month. Maybe it's thanks to the new coat of paint, but Revolution was insanely smooth with zero roughness or headbanging. I know it doesn't make any lateral movements so it shouldn't be rough anyway, but some Arrow loopers manage to be rough through straight track and vertical loops.

There is also a corkscrew clone at Silverwood, which is the one that was relocated from Knott's, so it's the first one and the first ever inverting roller coaster.

Well, not quite. First modern inverting coaster, yes. First safe inverting coaster, also yes. But first? No.

Copying and pasting from Wikipedia because I'm lazy >.>

The first inversion in roller coaster history was part of the Centrifugal Railway of Paris, France, built in 1848.[1] It consisted of a 43-foot (13-meter) sloping track leading into a nearly circular vertical loop 13 feet (3.9 m) in diameter.[4] During the early 1900s, many rides including vertical loops appeared around the world. These early loops had a major design flaw: the circular structure produced intense g-forces (hereafter "Gs"). The Flip-Flap Railway, designed by Lina Beecher and built in 1898 on Coney Island of Brooklyn, United States, had a 25-foot circular loop at the end which though initially popular caused some discomfort in passenger's necks, and the ride soon closed.[5][6] In 1903, the same person built Loop-the-Loops, another looping coaster, in the same park. This time the loops were slightly oval-shaped rather than circular, though not clothoid in shape like modern loops.[7] Although the ride was safe, it had a low capacity, loading four people every five minutes (48 people per hour, compared to 1800 riders per hour on Corkscrew, an early modern coaster that opened in 1976), and was poorly received after the discomfort of the Flip-Flap Railway.[7] As their novelty wore off and their dangerous reputation spread, compounded with the developing Great Depression, the early looping coasters faded and disappeared.[1]

You should ride Revolution at Blackpool now, Silky smooth when I rode a month and a bit ago. It's refurb really has been worth it.

I noticed that too when I was there last month. Maybe it's thanks to the new coat of paint, but Revolution was insanely smooth with zero roughness or headbanging. I know it doesn't make any lateral movements so it shouldn't be rough anyway, but some Arrow loopers manage to be rough through straight track and vertical loops.

A fresh coat of paint can make a difference. The Ninja (SFSTL) is smoother for the last couple of years after they gave it another paint job than what it was before hand. With time, you learn how to ride Arrows. It takes a bit of practice but you learn how to hold on tight to the restraints and keep yourself positioned correctly that avoids the head banging.

I think these contraptions are shorter. Or doesnt that fit under "the same type" by you?

Certainly fits, but the whole ride itself takes much longer than the corkscrew, lol

Long ago the corkscrew coaster at Dunia Fantasi would go around 3 laps due to riders demanding for more goes! But now it goes only one lap and one lap only.

They sure do need more coasters there, they only have that and a Zierer junior coaster, rest are just thrill attractions that any other park could buy. Or perhaps a new theme park!

I actually don't mind Arrow coasters too much. Sure, they're rough, but at the moment Im the perfect height where I'm tall enough that my head sits above the OTSR's, greatly reducing head banging, but not so tall that my shoulders are compressed. They're much better than Vekoma's dreadful SLC restraints that completely enclose my head and making head banging inescapable.