TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

I don't see them wasting water front property for back stage stuff, especially between two hotels. And this plot of land has the most direct monorail access, it just screams Disney Hotel! That's not to say a new multi-use facility couldn't be built there that includes everything that's been suggested though. We'll have to wait and see.

Always good to hear that Tokyo Disney has acquired more land. I think I agree with the thoughts of moving backstage stuff from areas closer to the park to the new land to make new room for in park attractions. I could also see them using the side of the land closest to the water as maybe an event space or similar. Would be a shame to waste that potential if they didn't.

Sorry - I'm going to have to disagree. I just don't see the Oriental Land Company building a Disney-branded hotel on this site.

For one, it's not very big. Total size of the land purchase is only 23,382 square meters. That's only 5.75 acres. No where near big enough for a Disney-branded resort. Think parking, pool(s), an entry statement, a sufficient number of rooms, restaurants, etc. I believe a building in this area would also be limited on height. If I remember correctly, all the hotels along that back stretch were all about the same height.

Secondly, it's far too removed from the Tokyo Disney "hub" - meaning the entrances of the theme parks and/or Ikspiari. Why would they suddenly build an "on-site" hotel so far away from their own restaurants, shopping, and theme parks?

Honestly, this land is perfect for a Team Disney-style office building

Now, if the Oriental Land Company DID want to build another on-site hotel (and they should), I would begin looking VERY closely at the land currently occupied by the old Cirque du Soleil theatre and its associated parking lot (which just happens to be about the same size as the Ambassador Hotel).

^ ZED was awesome. The theatre was awesome!

In house effects were incredible. The cast and

musicians were amazing. I know this isn't

helping you, but it really was an incredible

Cirque experience.

• 2 weeks later...

^ That'd be cool, but the theatre was so integral to the production,

I just don't think the iconic Chapiteau (tent) will suffice. There was so

much technical effects and stuff in that theatre... but you never know,

Cirque could probably figure it all out for traveling, heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this new? http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/event/e_ticket/index.html I feel like it wasn't there when I booked my tickets online a few years ago since I had to collect them before I went in near the subway station. Although it has been a few years since I went, do they now also have ticket machines where you can pick up your pre-paid tickets near the park like Hong Kong does? When I went to Tokyo I remember ordering online but not being able to pay and then I was supposed to go to a counter and pay in the morning before the park opened. Although my credit card got lost the morning I went to Fuji so I ended up just buying at the gate anyway when it was time for Disney.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000988795

Oriental Land Co., the operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, reported record group sales and profits for April-December 2013, thanks chiefly to events celebrating the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland.

In the first three quarters of fiscal 2013, Oriental Land logged sales of ¥366.2 billion, up 20 percent from a year before; an operating profit of ¥101.1 billion, up 37.8 percent; and a net profit of ¥63.01 billion, up 34.5 percent, the company said Thursday.

The number of visitors to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture, marked a record high, contributing to the robust earnings, company officials said.

Per-visitor spending also hit a record high because of strong sales of products related to the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland.