TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skycoastin' Steve's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Excellent TR, Steve! I love the honey badger style of the captions!!

I had such a fantastic time!! I miss everyone horribly though. The Jurassic Jungle Boat ride is such an experience. I've made everyone watch the video of the ride and I'm definitely going to make more people ride it next time I go back. I wish I was still back in the cabin, scary death drive up the hill and all.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your captions out loud...and with a lisp.

I think of you every time I hear or see honey badger.

Great trip report Steve. Your photos are vastly superior to mine. If I could give a bit of constructive criticism though, I would have liked to see more photos of the tram credits as well as hot tub sex.

No hot tub sex pictures, only pool table sex pictures...on top of Caesar's clothes.

I'm serious when I say this,The Intimidator at Nascar SpeedPark is the best go-kart track there.

Not sure when you last made a trip to Pigeon Forge, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. The Nascar Speedpark go-karts are relatively tame compared to the others you'll find on the strip. After a scientific study was completed that included many hours of go-kart racing, it's been proven as a fact that the "slick course" featuring forty mile per hour go-karts at Speed Zone is definitely the best go-kart track. Trust me, TPR members nearly lost their lives in spectacular fashion coming to this conclusion. Check it out next time you are in the area...

Chris's recipe for awesome go karts.

Take a handful of 40 mphs Go-karts

Add an oval track that is completely to small and short for karts that have that power.

Dust track with boxes of baby powder to ensure you'll have absolutely no grip.

Add a handful of head on collisions, spin outs and neard death experiences.

Heat at 40mph for 7 minutes.

Enjoy!

I'm serious when I say this,The Intimidator at Nascar SpeedPark is the best go-kart track there.

Not sure when you last made a trip to Pigeon Forge, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. The Nascar Speedpark go-karts are relatively tame compared to the others you'll find on the strip. After a scientific study was completed that included many hours of go-kart racing, it's been proven as a fact that the "slick course" featuring forty mile per hour go-karts at Speed Zone is definitely the best go-kart track. Trust me, TPR members nearly lost their lives in spectacular fashion coming to this conclusion. Check it out next time you are in the area...

Add an oval track that is completely to small and short for karts that have that power.

Enjoy!

I meant at Nascar SpeedPark.

After a scientific study was completed that included many hours of go-kart racing, it's been proven as a fact that the "slick course" featuring forty mile per hour go-karts at Speed Zone is definitely the best go-kart track. Trust me, TPR members nearly lost their lives in spectacular fashion coming to this conclusion. Check it out next time you are in the area...

Enjoy!

This is excellent information.

Wild Eagle was quite a bit better than expected. I especially enjoyed the front row with some amazing views of the park when you go over the lift hill. Thunderhead was running really great all weekend as well. I think I had my all time best rides on it with this visit. The pops of airtime seemed to be substantial for a GCI. I had not been to the park in 5 years when Mystery Mine first opened. I was amazed on how much the park had grown in that time.

Wild Eagle was quite a bit better than expected. I especially enjoyed the front row with some amazing views of the park when you go over the lift hill. Thunderhead was running really great all weekend as well. I think I had my all time best rides on it with this visit. The pops of airtime seemed to be substantial for a GCI. I had not been to the park in 5 years when Mystery Mine first opened. I was amazed on how much the park had grown in that time.

The best rides on Thunderhead for me were the front row. Definite sustained airtime and it was awesome! Not that the back row was bad, I just had better rides in the front last weekend.

^Some of the people at the go-kart tracks the one time I visited the place were a little too serious about their "racing". I was amused.

dt

I was beyond annoyed with people at this park. I was ready to quit after the first track we raced on. Told Steve I was ready to quit after track 2, was glad we went home after track 3. Those people were obnoxious and freaking awful! It doesn't help that I'm ultra competitive but damn, they were awful to be on a track with. I went straight back to the cabin and poured a big glass of wine.

^The time I was there, we waited in line with guys wearing NASCAR jackets (despite the fact it was about a billion degrees outside) who were discussing what "lines" they were going to take. On a Go-Kart track. I think we lasted two tracks before we decided that retreating to the nearby TGI Friday's for drinks was an excellent idea.

dt