TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Universal Hollywood HHN Event!

HHN Hollywood Event - Are you in? (Read below first)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. HHN Hollywood Event - Are you in? (Read below first)

• I'm totally in! Where do I sign up?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be fun and price not so bad (depending on what the actual ticket price/discounts for that night are),but all depends on execution. This is so new/different for Universal Hollywood. Would the meet and greet with Murdy and lights on tour be more structured like the daytime Orlando Behind The Screams tour? If it was a structured presentation, maybe more than one house, and the food decent it would be so worth it. For just one house and to say hi to Murdy not so much. The one time FOTL is interesting also...

Having had the amazing lunch that is part of the VIP tour, and attended numerous catered events at USH...I can assure you the food will be awesome.

If the West Coast Trip was any indication (where TPR was able to get the first, and thus far only behind the scenes tour in the 7 years mummy has been open), I would suspect this will be a top notch event.

I am definitely interested, and I don't have an issue with only being able to cut the line for each maze once. The only thing that may be an issue is the date- I usually visit the SoCal parks in mid-October. If there's a chance future events like these could be made for somewhere around that time instead of in September, then I could make it to them easier (same goes with the Knott's Halloween Haunt event scheduled for Sept. 24th). I can understand that September might be easier for the parks to work with, so I realize that scheduling these events might not be possible in October.

But what's included for the price range sounds very reasonable to me, plus I know it'll be a lot of fun since it's a TPR event! My favorite event is West Coast Bash, and I try to attend every year!

What time would it start?

I am hoping to go and take my nephew (15) - we have both NEVER been to HHN (I on the other hand have been to Knott's Haunt every year since 1978 and took my nephew for first time last year). With the addition of the special Alice Cooper maze at Universal, we are VERY interested (my nephew saw Alice live on stage for first time last year @ Universal). All the features in the package mentioned are really excellent. I know some people seem to have an issue with a one time only head of the line pass to each maze. That is alright. Considering I would have to take off early from work, we need to have dinner, so that is good. A tour with maze designer is cool. It would be nice if the price could be around $80 or so. We have to budget so some other Halloween events will get pushed aside.

Bummer, I would have been interested if this had been the same weekend as Knott's. Can't really justify time away from the family two weeks in a row and taking time off from work on the last day of the month is hard for me.

Not sure why people are complaining on the price. Isn't Orlando something like $80 to get in and $60 for a use once front of line pass? $100 sounds pretty reasonable to me for what is being offered.

Something else to keep in mind: the early entry into the event is essentially like having a FOL pass. You get to beat the crazy security lines AND will most likely be on the other side of what is always a packed entry plaza for the opening ceremony. Lines will also be very short at the beginning of the night, so you could easily hit all the mazes at least once without even having to use the actual FOL pass. Only the Wolfman maze will have any sort of line (since it opens later than the other mazes, but that is just essentially House of Horrors anyways).

Edited by Jew

I would love to go, but I am in the maybe category. It would be really tough for me to get two weekends off (Knott's the weekend before) in a row this close to the event. I will try though! As for the price, it is an incredible deal for everything that is included!

Something else to keep in mind: the early entry into the event is essentially like having a FOL pass. You get to beat the crazy security lines AND will most likely be on the other side of what is always a packed entry plaza for the opening ceremony. Lines will also be very short at the beginning of the night, so you could easily hit all the mazes at least once without even having to use the actual FOL pass. Only the Wolfman maze will have any sort of line (since it opens later than the other mazes, but that is just essentially House of Horrors anyways).

THIS! And Wolfman will have the shortest line later in the evening. Last year on opening night, ALL of the mazes had at least 1 hour wait while “Vampyre: Castle of the Undead” was only like 5 minutes. The house is getting stale as it really can't be changed that much since it's open year round. The value of this night is great with everything included.

My only problem is money and I work on Saturdays!

The price and once per maze pass concerned me, but it appears that all front of line passes will be once per maze this year except for the yet unannounced RIP experience. I'm very interested in doing this now and probably have a friend or two that will be interested as well. The problem is I can't really commit until I learn more about the schedule. We get off work at 5 and probably wouldn't make it to Universal until 7 or 8.

When will we know if this is going to be a "for sure" event or not? Just curious because now that USH has put up their ticket info, I'm going to start trying to plan for my first trip to HHN and I'd rather do this event than go with a regular ticket. I won't be able to purchase until next Friday at the earliest, though.

As far as the FOTL pass is concerned, last year when I went as a VIP, they gave us lanyards with the giant pass on it, and every time you went through a maze they would hole punch it. I did every maze twice last year, and still have Zero holes in the pass. It says you can only go through once with it, but most of the time the young teens working there don't care enough.

The pass is also good for reserved sitting for Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, a most excellent show. The pass also gets you priority terror tram.

--Frank

If I'm in town I'll go. With the early entry and front of line pass it shouldn't be hard to do each maze a couple times, which is fine with me. Last year we made a point of getting there early, and we got through everything we wanted to do in just a few hours (I think this was a Sunday night). After that everything was pretty busy, but that's when you'd break out the front of line pass.

There was a meeting today at Universal. We are working on it. Everyone, especially the park is VERY busy preparing for HHN. It's difficult to get any of their time to discuss the event. But it's being worked on, and trust me, as soon as we have details for all of you, we will post it. It makes no sense for us to hold anything back, and being impatient only lessens my enthusiasm to help put together an event like this.

On a positive note, we should have an update soon from the make-up demonstration today!