TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

So it's 1 Eastern, and I'm probably not going to get any sleep tonight since my sister's puppy is here and won't shut up. I gave up my sleep to take care of a dog...

So, for the next 5 and 1/2 hours, I'm stuck babysitting and no one is going to be grateful for it since they get to sleep. So, does anyone have anything to suggest that I do during this time. Right now I'm watching TV...

So, for the next 5 and 1/2 hours, I'm stuck babysitting and no one is going to be grateful for it since they get to sleep. So, does anyone have anything to suggest that I do during this time. Right now I'm watching TV...

You could watch that show we're all talking about in this thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). It's all on Netflix, if you have that, otherwise, you can find them on YouTube. Enjoy!

SOLAR ECLIPSE! I've never seen one before and I guess this one was pretty special... it was kinda anticlimactic for me because I was expecting everything to go dark when the moon covered the sun. If I didn't have the special viewing glasses, I don't know if I would have noticed anything different. What I did notice:

--The shadows were really weird and distored

--Everything had an odd light... like a yellowy light. Kinda creepy

--I couldn't even look in the general direction of the sun while it was happening. It really hurt.

--When I did see the eclipse, all I could say was, "One ring to rule them all!!"

165824365_solareclipse.thumb.jpg.b73f6df195856141c8dedce46b7041a2.jpg

Here's a pic my sister took by putting the special glasses in front of her camera.

Wow, you were lucky to see the eclipse! Here in Washington, it rained and the sky was cloudy for the whole day which really ruined my hopes of seeing my first solar eclipse anyways, AWESOME photo! Thanks for sharing so I could at least know how a solar eclipse looks like

^^ is that only happening in that thread or?

Have you tried removing all cached files?

do other browsers show the same thing on you machine?

which screen resolution are you running?

Is firefox up-to-date?

aka we need more info

What I did notice:

--The shadows were really weird and distored

--Everything had an odd light... like a yellowy light. Kinda creepy

--I couldn't even look in the general direction of the sun while it was happening. It really hurt.

Huh, so I wasn't the only one that noticed any of the that. But yeah, it was bizarre, and even more bizarre was the fact that, where I was (tiny town on the I-15 on the way between California and Vegas) I was the only one who seemed to notice that anything was going on. Most people were just going about their day like nothing was happening.

I just don't know what's happening with the SFMM Thread. Is it only happening to me, or have others also experienced the same thing?

This happened to me when I had a "foe" in my "Friends and Foes" list. Check that list and see if you added a foe by accident, maybe that should help....

When I get old, I'm gunna get a tattoo of a rollercoaster on my flank and call it my cutie mark.

I'm not sure whether to find that funny or really, really disturbing.

I'll go with both.

In random news: I got confronted by a homeless guy on the LA subway on Sunday. Enjoyed a creeptastically awkward twenty minute conversation about where to buy cheap weed in the area, despite my repeated efforts to tell him that (A): I don't smoke weed and (B): I don't live in LA.

I just don't know what's happening with the SFMM Thread. Is it only happening to me, or have others also experienced the same thing?

This happened to me when I had a "foe" in my "Friends and Foes" list. Check that list and see if you added a foe by accident, maybe that should help....

Thanks for the tip. I removed the person my "foe" list and everything went back to normal!