TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Picture Of Me" Thread

Homer

me, drunk off my butt, in the Digi-suite at Dragon*con this past Friday. . showing off the "Banana purse" that my friend artist/author Larry Dixon made for me.

and yes, it is autographed. . .LOL (there's a story there, I'll tell sometime).

IMG_2211.thumb.JPG.b2a50d537e6bf44916a890bc532e76b1.JPG

Looking back to the one day where we had "proper summer" this year and I went swimming in the sea for the first time in 3 years. Water temperature was a lovely 17,7*C (~64*F) at the surface.

nice pics!

I wanna go swimming now.

Perhaps my greatest moment this year: Getting to meet theme park legend and former Imagineer, Gary Goddard last weekend at Power Con in L.A. (he was there as a guest). It was an experience I'll never forget! Long story short: We pretty much spent most of the day just having some small talk, he was super nice, and he even invited me to come visit his office in the future to discuss some theme park industry related stuff. I also gave him a gift in the form of a picture I worked on, which he really appreciated (I might post that in the artwork thread).

IMG_8820.thumb.JPG.3c90c80efbf0026f3dad191a9e61a131.JPG

IMG_8827.thumb.JPG.7a850e841363adab951bd7dcd533a88b.JPG

He was nice enough to give me his autograph.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh, just me hanging out with guys from ohGr (Nivek Ogre's band he formed after splitting from Skinny Puppy).

We saw them play with KMFDM, before heading up the street at midnight to catch My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, and they came down to that club to catch part of that show. We talked to them inside the club (and complimented on the stellar set they had done earlier), but this set of pics - if you look fast, it's like a movie!. . LOL -- was taken ~2:30am, as we were headed out.

IMG_2531a.thumb.JPG.82fb7fff440b1d977324079fab2bd44a.JPG

IMG_2531b.thumb.JPG.d752fe5169c8dfb1ad2be7b7ed4d83a9.JPG

IMG_2531c.thumb.JPG.c853e2193d6ede1da9920111150f6906.JPG

IMG_2531d.thumb.JPG.391b3694f2427198cf096db2dc1b85d7.JPG

IMG_2531e.thumb.JPG.8eba6dc113b6769bba6e00318ecb1bc1.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's one of the two, that David took of me, astride this thing that was just set out, under

a tent, at the Chinese Lantern Festival (at the PNE!). We went to it last night, and this was for

some cute kids' photos we thought....or possible injury, but nobody but yourself was responsible.

I did it "side saddle," ha!

CFL17-me01.JPG.f20042ba1e29d4ef74056e24545a572e.JPG

What the heck this had to do with Chinese Lanterns, we had no idea, lol! They did also have a lantern 'scene' for dinosaurs, believe it!

Here's one of the two, that David took of me, astride this thing that was just set out, under

a tent, at the Chinese Lantern Festival (at the PNE!). We went to it last night, and this was for

some cute kids' photos we thought....or possible injury, but nobody but yourself was responsible.

I did it "side saddle," ha!

LOL. . nice!

Yesterday, I had the "good fortune" (for the second day of this year),

to slip on one of the back steps to our backyard, and fall on my back,

on one of the lower steps, breaking the step literally in half! The Good News

is that somehow, I managed NOT to cause any kind of (so far I'm feeling)

physical damage to my backbones, rib cage, spinal cord, etc. etc.

Whew! Great way to start The New Year, huh?

IMG_6064.JPG.5f9bd1e0a7448f76e47b94c0483fe85b.JPG

Myself and the step, after The Accident.

• 4 weeks later...
so yeah. .as of today, I've dropped 50 lbs.

That's awesome! Congrats on the weight loss!!

thanks!

I've actually lost a little more since then

here I am at a performance art show the other night (that's Rebecca Havermeyer, the opening act of the show, with me). . at -58lbs.

Haven't had a chance to see Rebecca but have had the pleasure of seeing Christeene several times!

so yeah. .as of today, I've dropped 50 lbs.

That's awesome! Congrats on the weight loss!!

thanks!

I've actually lost a little more since then

here I am at a performance art show the other night (that's Rebecca Havermeyer, the opening act of the show, with me). . at -58lbs.

Haven't had a chance to see Rebecca but have had the pleasure of seeing Christeene several times!

since she's local.. see her around town (in both incarnations) quite a bit.

some of Christeene's songs are really good.. tho the live performances are. . . . .disturbing . . LOL

• 3 weeks later...