TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Picture Of Me" Thread

Homer

So, yesterday was my birthday and I've been wanting to participate in that "10 year difference photo challenge" that was going around earlier this year. I'd decided on a photo to recreate, but since it was a birthday photo, I thought I'd wait to recreate it until on my birthday.

Anyway, here it is:

20190515_163251-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.258e25e9ca2b92a8ec596a03eed62992.jpg

PS: That is actually a 20-year comparison... Photo on left is me on my 14th birthday, on the right is me yesterday on my 34th birthday.

Thanks! Yeah, same shirt. It was a souvenir from our trip in 1998 to Mt Rushmore, so I only wore it a couple times and then it stayed in the closet untouched because I wanted to keep it looking nice.

One thing about being autistic is that I end up with favorite pieces of clothing that I'll either wear over and over and over until it's all holey, or I'll keep but not wear much because I love how it looks and I don't want it to get worn out. I don't get new clothes very often, mostly because when I ever do have a bit of money (like for bdays and Christmas), my brain prioritizes special interests over necessities like new clothing.

Anyways, thanks for the birthday greetings!

I took this pic yesterday at Camden Park, my first park since Sept 2016. Between law school and studying for the bar I didn't have time to go to parks. Now that I am barred and lost about 40 pounds, I feel like its time to get back in the saddle.

15201476_ScreenShot2019-05-19at12_05_37PM.png.babf982ea5a9c771e1802f9dc636e690.png

• 3 weeks later...

From my Retro Collection....

And as a tip of the sword to Game of Thrones' recent...ending.....I have this photo to share.

Taken at the 2014 Pacific National Exhibition (our PNE), from a traveling exhibit of the GoT,

between Seasons 2 and 3. It was a traveling exhibit that we got For FREE, entering The Fair.

Other cities that the exhibit visited, did not get in for free. Hah!

That said, they had a "wannabe" Iron Throne there, so naturally I had my own "pose" in mind...

IMG_6418.JPG.3ce9a4045de817dcc7cdab27cd6b7e1e.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my pride on, Vancouver style, at Elysium 80's night here in Austin

(shirt courtesy of my friend Marcella who lives in New Westminster, Vancouver. Socks courtesy of Bill (Nrthwnd) who sent me a pair of PNE pride socks last year)

IMG_7734.thumb.jpg.ca3ae00b3b818a018a3ed2d7d960d050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^ Awesome you're wearing those SOCKS!!! They're doing it again Bert, for the Out Day at the PNE, Aug.29th. So I am very curious if they changed the design, somehow. Instead of just changing the date on the cardboard holder. Might I reserve you a pair if they are a different design?

Here's me, trying to be artsy, using one of the (dirty) mirrors on

Playland's Carousel. Didn't work out that well, as you can see...

IMG_9257END.JPG.473225dbe1873aa0156d0553e9fa20f5.JPG

The better of the two shots I took. As I am eating my camera. June 14th.

Yeah, I'm really late in posting this (just burned out from work and such).

I've never been comfortable being photographed, so this may be the only time on this board I'll post a photo of myself.

And it may not look like it, but I really am smiling (which is rare for me).

20190428_114043.thumb.jpg.dd82c5c93c9375e4143461a05c1ecf4d.jpg

Me at Knoebel's Opening Weekend (4-28-19).

^ that's great!

who is he fox?

it's great they have a girl character. . but . . . Kozmo & Dexter I know pretty well, but never seen the fox, even when at Knoebels. so curious

^ Thanks. I wish though, I had considered, that the VIP Pass was blocking all that neon coaster artwork loveliness on my 2017 Cedar Park t-shirt. Probably was on my 5th Stella Artois by then, so my mind was just telling me to get the damned photos taken, LOL!

IMG_9529.JPG.6ea5661c7f07300f8e8d38cf2f52a8eb.JPG

...And this is what I called The Wierdo Shot. And oh, look. I lost part of my right arm. :p

Here's one of me taken today, after I reached my "Age Milestone" of 66 rides on Coaster, at Playland(PNE).

It's an old coaster hippie thing, really.

IMG_9618.JPG.9f4ba3d0866b5cbb65ed923af972905f.JPG

I like the other one, that's taken closer up. Check out Playland(PNE) thread for that photo. (o:

• 3 weeks later...

I was "framed" in a few pix by CTV National News, in their info.tent located in front of

the main Playland entrance. Earlier today. A few were taken with my camera. This was a fairly good one.

IMG_9885.JPG.5f192486a0e79bbc7fbd7345b1e5dd8c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

It's Opening Night of our Queer Out ON Screen Film Festival! Photos will - be - taken! Wait until then.

OOS2018c.thumb.jpg.273b4f7b5b0bc9c3221cc08c2fe45c9c.jpg

The one they published in this year's film program! David and me sucking face - at our age!

And 47 years on, too! :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's one of me, that David took, when we were on our Knott's-Disney Trip last week.

Unfortunately, neither of us really realized how much my face was covered in sha-doe.

Ah well, it's a traditional spot I've had pix taken of me, since I first went to DL in....1963!

Yeah, I was a 10 year old runt back then. And I have that old retro photo "somewhere around here".

IMG_1028.thumb.JPG.eefc8a130767426f45631cdee0c4d4bf.JPG

Sept.12/19. And neither of us has aged "that much". :p

• 2 weeks later...

^ You are definitely a HANDS UP! kinda guy, Bert.

Here's a shot that David took of me in DL (Sept.09/19), taking a photo of... The Blue Milk.

"Tourists that make you go hmmmmm?", hmmm?

IMG_0987dm.jpg.3bb7876918eec6fa139bcec5bfc59430.jpg

Idiot Tourist (DM)

IMG_0987.JPG.214c494cca9423fd1eb8a99cbdf07f71.JPG

And here's The Shot, damnit!

• 2 weeks later...

^ You look like Harry Potter, kind of, I think. ^^ And you look VERY HAPPY, Bert.

The last photo David took of me, as we left Disneyland, on our last night in S.California.

IMG_1471.JPG.7a41286af36b0375d7026588f8f1b63f.JPG

7pm FRIDAY THE (sept.) 13TH. Didn't want to leave just yet. But we had a shuttle to catch, back to our hotel. And packing.