TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Six Flags Great America - Friday, Aug 13th!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You'll be totally cool if you go to this event!

For those of you looking at hotels in the area. Even though it may be a bit more to get a hotel closer to the park keep in mind you could go take a little break, or even perhaps join some of us TPR peeps for a late dinner that night just outside the park!

What if we have one or two friends who aren't TPR members, are they allowed to come?

As it says on the event information page...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=19

2. You may register as many guests to this event as you would like. Your guests do not have to be members of TPR, however, your guests cannot be a past TPR member who has been banned from Theme Park Review. If you bring a member that has been banned from Theme Park Review, you will not be allowed into this event, and your Club TPR membership and your account on Theme Park Review will be banned for life.

To Add guests to your registration, "add to cart" a registration for each member you are bringing. When you arrive at the event on Friday morning, your guests event credentials will be including in yours.

So after careful consideration, we're actually staying at the Hampton Inn 1/10 mile from SFGAm Thursday and Friday night. They got a good AAA rate around $100/night if anyone's interested, and I read reviews that it's so close you won't need to pay for parking, as you can walk.

What's with the apathy people? You're all making the Midwest look really bad. SFGAm is a great park, and ERT there is super rare. Come out for the day, it will be so much fun .. And for anyone who doesn't honestly have a great day, I'll let you punch me in the arm as hard as you can ... but see I know everyone will have fun

Raging Bull has a bit of a bad reputation, but it really is a fun ride. The first drop on Bull is by far the best in the Midwest, and it's the first B&M hyper-coaster .. Without it we wouldn't have the likes of Behemoth, Goliath, or Intimidator.

Viper is one ride that everyone is always surprised about. Go read any of the "under-rated coaster" threads, and you'll see Viper mentioned. It's a clone of the Coney Island Cyclone, and it isn't a huge suckfest like Psyclone was. It's completely trimless and full of air. This is my home park, I've ridden Viper a bazzilion times, and even I'm looking forward to this ERT.

Little Dipper is PTC Schmek classic that was saved from the wrecking ball by Six Flags .. *Six Flags* ... How often do you get to say that? Even if you normally don't give a crap about kiddie credits (like me), come on out and support the park for rescuing a ride which means so much to millions of people who grew-up riding it.

Aside from the amazing ERT line-up, SFGAm also offers the first ever B&M invert, easily one of the greatest steal coaster layouts every designed, and you'll be able to ride it in the location it was designed for. American Eagle is still one of the tallest racing woodies on the planet, and the park typically races it during every-day operations. No its not Intamin smooth (although it is an Intamin coaster ), but there is track-worn done almost every winter on it. Whizzer is one of the last Schwarzkopf speed-racer coasters on the planet, and surely isn't long for this world. Enjoy the spiral lift, diving through the trees, and you can even try to get to second-base with your riding partner. What's not to love?

More than coasters, SFGAm has a pretty nice selection of flat-rides. Fiddlers Fling, East River Crawler, Revolution, Triple Play .. Even with a qBot you will likely never be bored.

So get up off your lazy asses, and come on out for a super fun day at one of the nicest Six Flags parks, certainly the nicest parks in the region; a really great and well balanced selection of coasters, fun flats, and an all-out terrific day.

Cameron.

^ How come you only mentioned Whizzer night rides in your post the whole time?

But seriously, If you haven't been to SFGAm and it's reasonably close. Get the hell off your couch and go there! Like Cameron said it won't disappoint and it's a great park. Great Flats, Rides built to break records and or be first of their kinds, quite a few Schwarzkopfs, B&M's first coaster, Intamin's second coaster, and not to mention a few coasters that glide and dive through trees and over water.

I should be signing up later today and I WON'T be punching Cameron.

Besides SFGAm being one of the best parks in the SF chain, and being full of all sorts of awesome rides and attractions, anyone coming to the event will...

GET TO MEET ICE BAT!!!

Seriously, how can you pass up this deal?!? This event is going to rule! SIGN UP NOW!

dt

Howdy, I'm bean.zilla's sister. I just got us a room for $75 at the Country Inn & Suites in Gurnee which is about a 10 min walk.

Back in my early 20's I travelled a lot and made it a point to hit up any nearby amusement park. Now I just live vicariously through reading all your trip reports.

Most excited for ERT!

Signed up, parents are cool, everything is good to go! This will be awesome! Can't wait to see everyone and meet new friends

More people need to sign up, Robb worked pretty damn hard to open this event up to us lowely surfs not on the Mid America trip...so come have an awesome time at SF Great America. ERT, food, and who knows what else! But an fantastic TPR time is garunteed.

50 bucks will get you more action there than anywhere else!

-Zach

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'll be there with the Middle-America tour. I can promise you, you will NOT be disappointed. Robb and Elissa are amazing at setting these things up. The price cannot be beat for all of the awesomeness that you will experience.

David

I got a couple other friends interested in going, but they want to know if we get discounts on flash passes for joining the event.

No sorry. Everything you get has been posted to the first post of this thread.

^^ Flash passes are irrelevant when you have ERT!!! Remember, this is a rare opportunity to get at a park like this. Living 5 minutes away from Kings Island for 20 years I can count on my hands the number of opportunities I've had to get ERT at the park. Flash passes or no, they will NOT be disappointed with the event I can promise you. Just knowing many of the people who are going it will be worth it. So get them to sign up soon!

For those who have gone...how is Six Flags Great America's policy on backpacks?

Thanks!

-Zach

It's basically like any other SF or Cedar Fair park. The coasters all have lock.ers. The flat rides do have bins you could put your backpack in though.