TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Is it just me or are Swinging Ships having a kind of small revival? Djurs in Denmark also get one this year...

They're a Great Family Ride that's Cheap, Fun and it Fit's Holiday Worlds Theme.

Not Sure what Holiday World is planning for next year. I think Holiday World will eventually use PP/G station, for Something. They will continue Splashin' Safari along The Tree Line, next to Voyage Keeping their Corn Mazes, but Holiday World will use PP/G Station for something. From there they will continue towards the road, turn right and use that area for Thanksgiving. From there they will go back uphill towards the Picnic Shelters and reconnect by Raging Rapid's. In that Area they create another Holiday. Just my thoughts, of what I would do.

^ ... and what's a Thanksgiving-themed section without a Mayflower? Shortest ride-naming meeting ever!

You're lucky you don't have a "Columbus Day" section--then you'd have to choose Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria, which could've meant a much longer meeting.

They will continue Splashin' Safari along The Tree Line, next to Voyage Keeping their Corn Mazes, but Holiday World will use PP/G Station for something. From there they will continue towards the road, turn right and use that area for Thanksgiving. From there they will go back uphill towards the Picnic Shelters and reconnect by Raging Rapid's. In that Area they create another Holiday. Just my thoughts, of what I would do.

I agree with the gist of what you propose here but I think they'd have to do away with or relocate the (employee?) parking lot to make this more feasible. They could technically build around it but it would be pretty aesthetically displeasing.

I am a big fan of connecting Thanksgiving or "Holiday to be named later" back up at Raging Rapids, Holidog's Funtown or even both. Thanksgiving is fine as a dead end for now but further expansion will provide a perfect opportunity to add additional people-flow to the park.

^ ... and what's a Thanksgiving-themed section without a Mayflower? Shortest ride-naming meeting ever!

You're lucky you don't have a "Columbus Day" section--then you'd have to choose Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria, which could've meant a much longer meeting.

In Berkeley, CA they celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day instead.

I'd like to see Holiday World have a Summer Solstice section or event ... maybe Liberty Launch could be used as a sundial that day.

^^ I believe that the employe parking lot will eventually make it's way across the road. I think they own that land. We would probably see some type of tunnel be built like they did for Legend parking lot.

I would tend to agree.

Not necessarily......."Holiday World announces World's First "Triple Dueling" swinging ships for the Columbus Day section -- Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria!!" Meeting adjourned!

Mayflower looks great, and feels like a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving area. Now for that 2nd coaster in Thanksgiving.......

Not sure what they are called or how the ride experience is. But I know they are manufactured by Intamin and they look awesome. I think one would fit great at HW. This or the Mack coasters that have been popping up everywhere. Even though they are low capacity HW can manage.

image.jpg.df49bb29877865d4c734fa54e194055f.jpg

Not sure what they are called or how the ride experience is. But I know they are manufactured by Intamin and they look awesome. I think one would fit great at HW. This or the Mack coasters that have been popping up everywhere. Even though they are low capacity HW can manage.

They are called ZacSpins, and yeah, they do look cool.

Doesn't Heide-Park have those already?

Holiday World would probably run a ZacSpin properly, but it isn't a great fit for the park. Knowing the park, if they do decide to go with an Intamin for their first major steel coaster, it would most likely be a Mega-Lite replacing Giraffica. Otherwise, something along the lines of the Mack or Premier launched coasters (NOT another Superman clone) would be the best option in my opinion. I doubt the park would ever install a large B&M or Intamin coaster, as it just doesn't fit right with the rest of their attractions.

Having ridden Green Lantern at SFMM, I'll echo sentiments that these things don't ride that well. Sure, there are some interesting forces but my experience was downright painful in spots.

I'm pulling for a Mack and think there's a decent chance that is what they have planned. Premier, Zierer or Intamin would be my other guesses in order of likelihood.

Holiday World isn't always about the biggest and best. I could see a superman Mack clone in PP's spot or a Zacspin. I don't think it would be as frightening to little kids as a big in your face B&M. I mean they are aimed at families. But they also try to please us coaster nuts

But then again, they took out a record breaking ride. Maybe they want to replace it with one? What I really want to see in the KI-KK-HW Area is a Floorless coaster. We have the Hypers, flying, loopers, inverted. But, that is IMO. Holiday World will get what best fits their market range.

Holiday World would probably run a ZacSpin properly, but it isn't a great fit for the park. Knowing the park, if they do decide to go with an Intamin for their first major steel coaster, it would most likely be a Mega-Lite replacing Giraffica. Otherwise, something along the lines of the Mack or Premier launched coasters (NOT another Superman clone) would be the best option in my opinion. I doubt the park would ever install a large B&M or Intamin coaster, as it just doesn't fit right with the rest of their attractions.

Totally agree with this post. A Mack or Premier would be a fantastic choice for HW.....though I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I am totally rooting for the first U.S. Mega-Lite to land here (or anywhere, to be honest!). Those coasters look remarkably good, and they just seem like they would "fit" perfectly into HW's lineup. Here's hoping!

A floorless beemer could be interesting because it would likely be somewhat compact in layout and potentially more intense as a result. Something like Nitro at Adlabs but with the new vest restraints would be a cool addition.

That said, I think the park can get more coaster for their money from other manufacturers. Either way, it seems we might have something more substantial to discuss this time next week.