TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drive-in Ferris Wheel

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/drive-through-ferris-wheel.php

Amusement parks are sick, but they are just not efficient, like you have to drive around to find a spot and park your car and then walk everywhere. I mean, they have figured out food and money with drive-throughs, man can drive on the moon, why can't they solve amusement parks? Wait- it seems that they have.

Dutch artist John Körmeling has built a 100 foot diameter wheel that can take four cars on a trip.

ADMIN EDIT: I've edited your post so that it's now interesting to read and informative. If you're going to post something to TPR, please don't just post a link and NOTHING ELSE, please try to put in an least a little bit of effort to make your post interesting for the reader. I've added a picture and a few lines from the article. This will really help our readers decide if they think the link is something they are interested in clicking on. Thank you! --Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonalds could take up the idea for people to drive on/in to after placing an order to go for a spin while they wait for their order. Of course a Big mac poster should take up at least 50% of the diameter.

I'm sure parking garages could somehow profit from this contraption.

I think there are things sort of like that in Japan. Though they are shaped more like a zipper than a wheel. In fact I remember seeing one in Tokyo Drift.

EDIT: Just thought, how hard would a drive on roller coaster be? You have drive on trains and boats, right?

I found another pic of it on Wikipedia. Not sure if it's the same wheel though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Drive-in_Wheel.jpg

A drive on roller coaster...That sounds interesting. You'd have to find a way to secure the car onto the "train" though.

Drive in theatres, banking, restaurants what next, drive in shopping malls? Water slides?

Just thought, how hard would a drive on roller coaster be?

One of these things actually existed back around 1920. It was called the Auto-Coaster, and was located in Los Angeles. People paid to drive their cars on the ride. There is a picture of it in Todd Throgmorton's Roller Coaster of America.

Looks like fun!