TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I'll be at Dorney for my first time on Friday. I couldn't find it on the site but with a platinum pass there's 9:30 early entry for Talon, yes? After that I assume just ride the mouse and then whatever. I'll only be there until around 1-2pm but from what I've heard that's more than enough time.

Any recommended place for the dining plan for lunch? Thanks all.

Co-sign on the back left seat on Talon. Front right is good too. And yeah go to the mouse right away after ERT.

Also Possessed - back, Thunderhawk - front, Steel Force - front, Hydra - skip (lol j/k. kinda), Stinger - will be closed lol. Don't skip Demon Drop, Dominator (I like both sides, sucker for S&S towers) and Apollo.

Is Chickies on the dining plan? Its the only place I eat at when I go there lol

I did have a lot of fun at Dorney in 2013, but honestly I haven't felt a need to go back. Not going to lie though...a Sky Roller would definitely change that for me. I've wanted to try one for a long time.

You should have plenty of time to ride all the coasters and the other must-rides (Demon Drop and Thunder Creek Mountain). Shame on Boldikus for leaving out the flume. Clearly he learned nothing last weekend about their greatness (but this one in particular is really cool)

Oh and ride in the front seat of Steel Force or it blows. They should let you bring a pillow into the other rows so you can take a nap.

Definitely agree about their flume, that thing rocks and is pretty unique!

I know people rail on it a lot here, but I for one like Dorney. It's a nice park with a good selection of rides, and crowds are always quite manageable. Talon is the star for sure, and I feel it's a very underrated invert! My tastes must be weird though, because I don't feel Hydra is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. At least the layout is unique, and it has to be better than that pile of crap that was there before it. I know Bill, I know, Hercules was probably a blast as long as you sat in the front row and leaned forward, right?

I also find Steel Force to be a very FUN coaster that is also not as terrible and boring as its made out to be. I do agree though that the better ride can be found in the front car, especially the front row. Haven't been there in a few years, but I wouldn't mind returning someday, especially as my daughter grows over the upcoming years and wants to try out new places.....she's already a pretty huge rider at 18 months, haha!

Shame on Boldikus for leaving out the flume. Clearly he learned nothing last weekend about their greatness (but this one in particular is really cool)

Hey hey hey I love flumes on hot days. I never once didn't want to ride the flume over the weekend did I? We only rode it 85 times.

Anyways, its just I'm always @ Dorney for Haunt and its too cold for that nonsense. I'm sure if coasterbill the world craziest flume junkie approves, its a great flume. Don't skip it!

This is one of the rare times I'll be rolling alone at a park, so I assume they're going to pair me up with some family that's suddenly going to hate their lives on the flume?

It's only a few minutes. You could break up the uncomfortable tension by telling your new friends all about this crazy ass dude you know that rides flumes in 40 degree weather.

I don't understand what you mean when you say it can be "too cold" for a log flume? That's not a thing.

Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit (or 0 degrees Celsius) but most parks aren't open when it's that cold, let alone try to operate a log flume at that temperature. So I guess you're still right.

Edited by SteelForceless

This is one of the rare times I'll be rolling alone at a park, so I assume they're going to pair me up with some family that's suddenly going to hate their lives on the flume?

It's only a few minutes. You could break up the uncomfortable tension by telling your new friends all about this crazy A$$ dude you know that rides flumes in 40 degree weather.

That'll make things much more comforting. I'll see what I can do

No. They don't pair people at Dorney. Not only is there nobody else to pair you with but it's not their policy anyway.

It's only a few minutes. You could break up the uncomfortable tension by telling your new friends all about this crazy A$$ dude you know that rides flumes in 40 degree weather.

I sincerely hope it's a Starflyer like Valleyfair is getting.

I think it will be. I could see one going into KBF, VF, DP, MiA, and WoF all this year. Mark my words, this is the new style of ride that will eventually go into every Cedar Fair park without a Windseeker. They're pretty cheap and they're good for advertising.

I sincerely hope it's a Starflyer like Valleyfair is getting.

I think it will be. I could see one going into KBF, VF, DP, MiA, and WoF all this year. Mark my words, this is the new style of ride that will eventually go into every Cedar Fair park without a Windseeker. They're pretty cheap and they're good for advertising.

Worlds of Fun has a Windseeker, but I could see one going to the rest of the parks. Probably not Knott's, as they probably now associate tower swing rides with stuck Windseekers.

No. They don't pair people at Dorney. Not only is there nobody else to pair you with but it's not their policy anyway.

We always joked about forcing people to ride together on Thunder Creek Mountain. Believe it or not there were a few days during the 2015 season where we had to group on Demon Drop, but grouping isn't done on TCM because of the "crotch party" issue with that ride. Nobody wants a strangers knob on their back.