TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Headed to the park the weekend after next. Cannot wait! We are going to Holiday Park one day and then Phantasialand the other. Could anyone recommend which day to go to which park? Sunday 2nd and Monday 3rd are the dates. Thanks!

Hey. would go to Holiday Park at sunday and visit Phantasialand at monday. Holiday Park is a really "unpopular" Park, which is only crowded in Holidays and nearly empty on sundays. I think it's because of, Europa Park isn't far away. Because of you don't have so much to do then in Phantasialand i would visit it on monday because its (at the moment) the most popular park in Europe. So everybody jumps to PHL on the free sunday and they have to work again on monday. It won't be empty at monday, but less more crowded than sunday.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understood, what i'm trying to say.

P.P.S Have one with two of the best Coaster (Taron and Geforce) in our country!

Edited by Deevilad

Welcome, Deevilad! Always good to hear from our German friends. I loved your country back in 2006, and I would love to visit again. Thank you for your input!

Thanks for the nice greeting. So than, pack your Luggage and plan a trip to good old germany.

Oh why is my post gone? Is it, because i edited a few mistakes and it has to been review again?

Headed to the park the weekend after next. Cannot wait! We are going to Holiday Park one day and then Phantasialand the other. Could anyone recommend which day to go to which park? Sunday 2nd and Monday 3rd are the dates. Thanks!

Hey. would go to Holiday Park at sunday and visit Phantasialand at monday. Holiday Park is a really "unpopular" Park, which is only crowded in Holidays and nearly empty on sundays. I think it's because of, Europa Park isn't far away. Because of you don't have so much to do then in Phantasialand i would visit it on monday because its (at the moment) the most popular park in Europe. So everybody jumps to PHL on the free sunday and they have to work again on monday. It won't be empty at monday, but less more crowded than sunday.

Thanks a lot, that's what we'll do then.

Thanks a lot, that's what we'll do then.

However monday october 3rd is a national holiday in Germany, so it might be crowded on monday.

However monday october 3rd is a national holiday in Germany, so it might be crowded on monday.

Oh i am sorry, that was my fault. Sure it's national holiday, the national reunion day. I forgot it, because i have to work at mostly all weekends and holidays. So my tip is useless and i am sure, you will have an overcrowded park....perhabs its better to visit PHL on sunday and Holiday Park on monday. However you will do it, PHL will be full as hell.

As you might already know, Phantasialand offers a ERT on Taron and Raik for annual passholders. Yesterday, I was happy to use that and spent the early evening enjoying the themed land - and most of all, Taron. During these 60 minutes, I did 12 rides on Taron, which was hauling. Doing 8 rounds of just staying seated. And as you might expect, it was awesome!

Now, as some of you might know, Passholder events like this are not really usual here, so this felt really special. And the experience was wonderful. Klugheim at dusk really is a thing.

The level of service provided by Phantasialand really caught me off guard. Great food offers, two brand-new coasters which were walk-on most of the time and the whole atmosphere was just amazing. I know this park well, but this evening really got me off guard.

I know most people will expect pictures but I didn´t snap any. I was busy riding. Which is better than taking pictures anyway.

That ert after park closing sounds amazing, jealous!

Has anyone got any advice for a first timer? I'll be at the park this coming Monday (had no idea it was a national holiday that day when I booked ) Is it best to just to head to Taron at opening and go from there? I know you can buy fast track tickets but Taron doesn't seem to be available on that. Thanks!

Has anyone got any advice for a first timer? I'll be at the park this coming Monday (had no idea it was a national holiday that day when I booked ) Is it best to just to head to Taron at opening and go from there? I know you can buy fast track tickets but Taron doesn't seem to be available on that. Thanks!

You should be at the Park before 9 o Clock and directly head to the Klugheim Queue, so you don't have to wait to long in the morning! You can go to Raik after that. Wuze Town is most likely to be emtpier in the morning than in the evening so head there right after your rides in Klugheim. And try to get one of the last rides of taron.

The Park probably will open 1-2 hours longer if its to crowded.

It really depends on what you want to do. If you´re just there to ride Taron as much as you can, do what flaffstar said. But (and this is a big BUT), if you want to experience the whole park I would advise you to tackle it the other way around.

Get there early, head to the Fantasy Area first and ride both Winjas. Most of the people come in through the entrance next to Klugheim and will head there first anyways. This will give you space and short waiting times at the other end of the park, where Winjas are. Then, work your way from there, through Berlin (whatever you want to ride there, but please, please do Hotel Tartüff, it´s awesome), do Black Mamba and Colorado, maybe Tikal and Talocan if you´re into flats and be done with all the coasters except for Taron and Raik by lunch time. Between 12 and 1 o´clock is the absolutely best time to ride Taron on a busy day. Raik will nearly always have a long queue as it´s low capacity and many people don´t realize it´s a family ride. I even rode with people who didn´t understand that it doesn´t have a launch

Then, decide if you want more rides on Taron, or do Mystery Castle and River Quest. Then, consider going back to the Fantasy Area to ride the absolutely awesome Hollywood Tour.

Also, I wouldn´t be too worried with the crowds this coming Monday. Of course, it´s a holiday, but Phantasialand has started to become absolutely unpredictable with crowds. I´ve often been there on weekends just for Taron and it was less busy than, for example, yesterday, but usually everybody just goes to Taron and Klugheim. Yesterday was a good example for that. Everything was a 5-10 minute wait, but Taron was at 45-50 minutes. Still, I´ve seen these times at the weekend and on holidays as well.

It really depends on what you want to do. If you´re just there to ride Taron as much as you can, do what flaffstar said. But (and this is a big BUT), if you want to experience the whole park I would advise you to tackle it the other way around.

Get there early, head to the Fantasy Area first and ride both Winjas. Most of the people come in through the entrance next to Klugheim and will head there first anyways. This will give you space and short waiting times at the other end of the park, where Winjas are. Then, work your way from there, through Berlin (whatever you want to ride there, but please, please do Hotel Tartüff, it´s awesome), do Black Mamba and Colorado, maybe Tikal and Talocan if you´re into flats and be done with all the coasters except for Taron and Raik by lunch time. Between 12 and 1 o´clock is the absolutely best time to ride Taron on a busy day. Raik will nearly always have a long queue as it´s low capacity and many people don´t realize it´s a family ride. I even rode with people who didn´t understand that it doesn´t have a launch

Then, decide if you want more rides on Taron, or do Mystery Castle and River Quest. Then, consider going back to the Fantasy Area to ride the absolutely awesome Hollywood Tour.

Also, I wouldn´t be too worried with the crowds this coming Monday. Of course, it´s a holiday, but Phantasialand has started to become absolutely unpredictable with crowds. I´ve often been there on weekends just for Taron and it was less busy than, for example, yesterday, but usually everybody just goes to Taron and Klugheim. Yesterday was a good example for that. Everything was a 5-10 minute wait, but Taron was at 45-50 minutes. Still, I´ve seen these times at the weekend and on holidays as well.

Maybe, but just maybe you should consider taking a ride on Chiapas.

Maybe, but just maybe you should consider taking a ride on Chiapas.

Absolutely. I didn´t think of it as I already rode it soooo many times

Thanks guys, very helpful. Can't wait! Unrelated to the park I know but can you recommend any good areas to go in Cologne for nightlife? Lively areas with bars etc..

Depends on what you are looking for. There are 3 main areas close to the center.

Altstadt - Located next to the cologne cathedral and the Rhine river with lots of classic brewhouses and a few irish pubs.

Zülpicher Straße - Lots of Bars and lots of students, since its located close to the university.

Ringe/Friesenstraße/Belgian Quarter - Also lots of bars.

Clubs can be found pretty much anywhere. Though this again pretty much depends on taste.

All areas are easily reachable via tram/subway and only a couple of stops apart.

I found this short english page on the cities website which you might wanna check out, though Altstadt isn't listed there (probably on an extra page).

http://www.cologne.de/what-to-do/nightlife

Yes, very good input by Mr. Taron. His input is as good as the coaster by the same name

But still, one more thing I really want to stress is that there are a bunch of awesome burger joints in Cologne. It really is a little scene and if you want a great dinner, go to Freddy Schilling (https://www.freddyschilling.de/), die fette Kuh (http://www.diefettekuh.de/) or Beef Brothers (http://www.beef-brothers.de/). You´ll find local pubs and great areas for nightlife nearby. My personal recommendation is Freddy´s (they even make their Ketchup in-house) but everyone´s got his own taste.

Yes, very good input by Mr. Taron. His input is as good as the coaster by the same name

But still, one more thing I really want to stress is that there are a bunch of awesome burger joints in Cologne. It really is a little scene and if you want a great dinner, go to Freddy Schilling (https://www.freddyschilling.de/), die fette Kuh (http://www.diefettekuh.de/) or Beef Brothers (http://www.beef-brothers.de/). You´ll find local pubs and great areas for nightlife nearby. My personal recommendation is Freddy´s (they even make their Ketchup in-house) but everyone´s got his own taste.

Fette Kuh is good, Freddy Schilling ok and Beef Brothers bad. Based on my experience. Best burger in town is served at http://www.karlhermanns.de/