TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2011 Trips Questionnaire!

Japan is my nr 1 on the list and if I make it on that trip, including Disney add on of course. Not sure yet whether S. Korea and Northern Japan will be possible for me.

Second on the list is the NE trip because those are all parks I never visited before. Maybe in combination with the CP roadtrip.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elissa,

It seems like from what you have said Japan is the popular choice. Will this be a larger group than usual, or around a bus load? Also if you say that alot of people have accounts with you for Japan, will they have any sort of preferential treatment, or will it still be a Lottery?

We will NOT do Japan as a bus trip...it is way too awesome of a country to sit on a bus for no reason.

The trip will be very similar to the 2007 trip where everyone will have rail passes and we'll do almost everything on trains, taxi's, walking, etc. Yes there will be one or two days where we will have a bus, but we will not have a bus taking us around for the entire trip.

Because of this we will only take around 30 - 40 people total. Having a TPR Account does not get you preferential treatment if we have to have a lottery. Having a Club TPR Membership (which will be announced very soon) WILL.

Japan will be a really fun, very unique trip. We hope to accommodate as many people that want to go as we can!

^So will the trains & taxi fairs will be included with the price which is why the trip is so expensive? I am really looking forward to riding a bullet train! I think I will only be able to do the Disney add on because of getting time off of work & money & Tokyo DisneySea is the theme park I want to visit most!

^Read:

Cost includes: All ground transportation

The price is not high for Japan. It is one of the most expensive countries in the world. People in Tokyo live in apartments small enough to make most New Yorkers feel claustrophobic.

Actually, I think the price is very similar to what they charged way back in 2007, if you take out the Disney part.

Guys, if you're interested in seriously doing a trip in 2011, start saving your money now. There is no reason that in the next 17 months you can't save up the money. Have trouble saving money? Send TPR your money when it's burning a hole in your pocket.

Well me personally, I only work part time to begin with and am starting nursing school in the fall which will cut my hours even more. Not to mention it'll be $25,000 a year. I think there are some legitimate reasons why people can't afford it, but of course that won't stop me from trying to.

^Read:

Cost includes: All ground transportation

The price is not high for Japan. It is one of the most expensive countries in the world. People in Tokyo live in apartments small enough to make most New Yorkers feel claustrophobic.

Actually, I think the price is very similar to what they charged way back in 2007, if you take out the Disney part.

On my 3 previous TPR we only used a bus so I wasn't so sure how the public transportation will work.

On my 3 previous TPR we only used a bus so I wasn't so sure how the public transportation will work.

It's very simple. If it travels on the earth, it's covered. If it flies in the air, it's not. Unless we SPECIFICALLY SAY that certain flights are covered.

Sorry, looks like I also skipped over a language question.

On all of our trips we provide printed guide books and they always include some basic words you should know in the language of wherever we are going.

The Japanese people do not expect you to be fluent or pronounce ANYTHING correctly, but knowing 5 - 10 simple words or phrases will not only make their day, it will make getting around so much easier and more pleasant.

Don't worry, we'll help you in Japan. In fact, almost every day of that trip I was giving little mini-classes while we were waiting for a train or a park to open in everything from language, to customs, to how the trains work, etc.

Guys, if you're interested in seriously doing a trip in 2011, start saving your money now. There is no reason that in the next 17 months you can't save up the money. Have trouble saving money? Send TPR your money when it's burning a hole in your pocket.

Well me personally, I only work part time to begin with and am starting nursing school in the fall which will cut my hours even more. Not to mention it'll be $25,000 a year. I think there are some legitimate reasons why people can't afford it, but of course that won't stop me from trying to.

My nursing degree cost less than $6000, total, and I graduated only 3 years ago!

On all of our trips we provide printed guide books and they always include some basic words you should know in the language of wherever we are going.

The Japanese people do not expect you to be fluent or pronounce ANYTHING correctly, but knowing 5 - 10 simple words or phrases will not only make their day, it will make getting around so much easier and more pleasant.

Don't worry, we'll help you in Japan. In fact, almost every day of that trip I was giving little mini-classes while we were waiting for a train or a park to open in everything from language, to customs, to how the trains work, etc.

That's a really cool deal. It's like a mini-study abroad program and coaster mixing.

My nursing degree cost less than $6000, total, and I graduated only 3 years ago!

RN or LPN?

Australia - most definitely. Thanks Robb & Elissa for considering coming down to this part of the world. Hubby & I have always wanted to take part in a TPR trip but living in NZ the cost of flights to the US or Europe (and often Asia) can be pretty prohibitive. This gives us an AWESOME opportunity to be able to take part - THANK YOU!!

The Tokyo Disney add-on is absolutely due to cost. The way TPR would like to do Tokyo Disney is a full 4-day event staying on property. This adds at least $500 - $800 to the cost of the trip.

Would the Disney add-on start immediately at the end of the Japan trip? I've always wanted to go to Japan, and Tokyo Disney, and it would be a must see for me.

Yes, the way we're envisioning the Japan Trip right now is the following:

Before the actual trip, add on to Seoul, Korea and/or Northern Japan

Actual Trip

Immediately after the trip, Tokyo Disney!!!!!

Most people will do the Tokyo Disney add on and it will include everything and be awesome. There are just some people out there that don't like Disney so we wanted to make sure they were still able to do the Japan portion without bitching and complaining about the Disney portion (like we've dealt with before)

I plan on taking a Japanese language class when I decide to go back to college (mostly because of this trip but also because I am interested in Japanese culture anyway) so I should understand some basic Japanese by the end of July of 2011.