TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Dragon 2000, Will it ever reopen?

What is your likelihood that Steel Dragon will reopen?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your likelihood that Steel Dragon will reopen?

• Extremely likely, will open in the next few years
    • Will open by 2010
    • Won't reopen until Dragster or Kingda Ka is demolished
    • Won't reopen until Flashback @ SFMM reopens
    • Will not reopen in it's current fluffy, fluffy bunnyation.
    • Wil not ever reopen again.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a long time...I always feel that there's some kind of mathematical equation for the longer a ride is closed the less chance there is that it will ever reopen in that park again!

And look what happened at Joypolis! That's a real bummer.

Well the fourth answer was pretty much no! Man this thing looked medeocre from the start, but a 318 foot tall morgan coaster which uses TOGO style track just does not seem like a good mix. Oh well, it's been two years and so far nothing has happened yet!

Colin"we shal wait and see"C

As someone who actually rode this thing back in 2001, I was VERY unimpressed. It felt like a bigger version of Magnum rather than a true hypercoaster. The cars were very big and boxy, and not that cool to look at.

The ride itself felt overly long and boring. Even the first drop was just kind of...there. I had a better time on the Ultra Twister and shuttle loop than Steel Dragon!

Just my two cents...or should I say 2 yen!

SteelDragon2000.JPG.bb187831c3fde72ea07c793688d1a754.JPG

Me in front of Steel Dragon circa 2001

^It was closed because one day, it decided to chuck one (or some?) of it's wheels.

Rumor has it that it will definitely be open, ready to bonk people in the heads with it's wheels on the second Tuesday of next week.

Actually, I honestly don't know if it will open soon...which I don't see why they don't just re open it after finding out what the issue is and having it resolved.

It will eventually reopen. I mean it's not going to stand there forever. The park will probaly sell it for money and make room for new rides. I don't think they want a coaster thats SBNO and rusting up in their park when they can make money off of it and make room for more rides. Unless they want to keep it as a shrine. I would sell it.

^ If PGA was able to sell Greased Lightning in the shape it was in I'm pretty sure they can sell Steel Dragon. They probaly wouldn't get much out of it anyway but at least it will be something. As for the wheel they can just buy a new one. Or they can replace all the wheels on it so a incedent like what happened happen again. If they really want to sell it and make money they should take it down and fix every think and detail it. Then sale it.

^ Seriously I can totally believe that. While every Morgan I've been on hasn't been "bad" or anything, there has been nothing about them that has left me blow away.

They just feel like a really big mine train.

When people asked us "aren't you bummed about missing Steel Dragon?" We were like "No!" I think we would have been more bummed about missing some really off-the-wall bizarre Japanese coaster, like Geo Panic or the "Standing and Loop Coaster"

Thanks for the pic!

--Robb