TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Race 14 Thread

holyblakbelt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great episode.

I'm thinking that even if the team that went home hadn't have come in last, they probably would have still gone home.

I'm not sure she completed the entire trail when she got lost (which was HILARIOUS) so they probably would have had a penalty. Did she even tell her Husband that she got lost though??? They certainly didn't show it.

Also, the blonde's walking around with the piece of wood ... classic.

I hope there are no coasters to ride on this race, the 2 stuntmen may not meet the height requirement.

^I like the School of Rock guy, but the deaf kid seems really whiny and annoying. I would like to root for him, but there is something about his personality that I don't like. Look at how mad he got with his mom when she chose the pie throwing contest.

As for the rest of the contestants, I don't have a favorite yet. Only time will tell.

^I like the School of Rock guy, but the deaf kid seems really whiny and annoying. I would like to root for him, but there is something about his personality that I don't like. Look at how mad he got with his mom when she chose the pie throwing contest.

As for the rest of the contestants, I don't have a favorite yet. Only time will tell.

Deaf people can't really tell people how they're feeling (except with sign language), so they tend to exaggerate expressions to get their point across.

Or at least, that's my understanding.

^ That's correct.

I knew that couple was going to lose as soon as they went for the non-direct flight to get there 25 minutes earlier. I mean, it wasn't even close. But I'm glad they were at least able to complete the leg.

You ALWAYS fly direct when you are able to. Unless it's at least a 2-hour advantage, or you have at least an hour layover, it's just not worth it. One time running through the Vegas Airport at 2am to catch a flight that has already left will teach you that in a hurry.

The funniest part of the show for me was the eliminated couple (can't think of their names right now) saying that Margie and Luke would feel very bad for them.

I sure as hell thought Phil would keep them around for another week.

Deaf people can't really tell people how they're feeling (except with sign language), so they tend to exaggerate expressions to get their point across.

Plus, since Luke is also gay, he's extra dramatic.

I have a crush on him.

Thanks for explaining why his expressions were a little over done. I wasn't aware of that and I understand better now. I felt a little bad for him with the name thing as well, but he made it through. It was hard to watch how hard he is on himself.

I sure as hell thought Phil would keep them around for another week.

I thought that as well. I cannot remember another time when a U-turn or Speed Bump etc. was not part of a non-elimination leg which made them pointless in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Even after 14 seasons teams still don't take the extra five seconds to read the clue properly. Tammy also suggested they hire a taxi to lead them but the brother said you can't do that.

I am still not sure about the penalty for putting the pumps in the box. If the teams don't even notice that their tire is flat, then that's their problem.

^ Yeah, we immediately figured a penalty for the brothers when they got a taxi to lead them through the city.

But the first one for dumping all the airpumps together? We thought that was pretty 'iffy' on the part of the show.

And like you said, all it would take is just a few seconds, and any team could have checked their tires properly, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

How about that last episode. Got pretty intense with the whore sisters and Luke. Here's an idea...let's call a deaf guy a b*tch because he can't hear us so we can call him whatever he wants. I'm sorry, but Kisha and Jen are not very nice, and then laughing at Luke at the Pit Stop for his expressions of signing...that's just rude. Take your hearing away and try to communicate.

Way to go for Margie and sticking up for her son. They are still my favorite team and always have been this entire race.

^Yeah I saw it completely different than you. Yes they shouldn't have called him a bitch, but it was pretty clear that he was the one instigating both times they ran into each other. I also don't think Kisha and Jen were laughing at him. If they were, I don't think Phil would have stepped in and defended them.

To sum it all up, both sides are to blame, but Luke appeared to be the one who not only started it with an elbow, but carried it on by pushing her into the clue box and that has nothing to do with him being deaf. At least that is how I saw it.