TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Hi all - long time casual lurker. I've been itching to ride some new coasters other than the ones we have here in Orlando for some time. I have only been to one other "coaster event" way back in '98 at Six Flags Great Adventure - the ERT was awesome, though.

So I got this flyer and looked it over, and this looks like it is a very well thought out and overall high-quality event. That said, it's gonna cost me about $600 to do this - I've been to SFMM twice (last time was about 4 or 5 years ago), and both times it was packed and X was closed, etc. Not good experiences.

So, I ask you - would you do this or save the $600 for another experience? This does look like fun and $600 is pretty cheap for a x-country flight/car/hotel/etc.... I don't know anyone, so I'd like to meet up with some people - are ya all nice folks LOL?

thanks for the insight

Dominic

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think the event is very good for someone coming in from out of town who wants to get on a few different coasters, meet up with a group who all have the same interests, and just hang out and have a great time!

If you also make a "long weekend" out of it, (maybe go visit Knott's, Disneyland, etc) then it makes it even more worth it!

--Robb

^ I have to totally agree, its great opportunity to come from out of town. This is my second year for WCB and I come from Dallas. 2008 was just amazing!! I just come for 3 days, I take an early flight out of DFW on Saturday and get there early. I leave on Mondays on a late flight out. This year I get in to LA at 7:35am on Saturday, I bought a VIP package to USH for that day. Then it's WCB on Sunday, and Monday I leave on a late flight out, so I get to do more site seeing. This gives me such a great opportunity to see some sites and have an awesome..awesome day at SFMM. It comes at the perfect time for me financially too, taxes and a bonus. Who could ask for more!!

I'm thinking of flying in Saturday (arriving in LAX around 4pm) and then driving up to Valencia and checking into the Marriott courtyard up there. I'll be leaving early Monday to catch my 1pm flight home.

I'm a full time employee and MBA student so not too much time for leisure

How long is the drive between LAX and Valencia? I know last time I did it (coming back from SFMM) took me a LONG time as I-5 was jammed. I'm guessing my ride up won't be bad (it's Saturday) but Monday morning might be bad.....

Thanks again!

^ This was posted by Robb on March 4th...

Hey everyone!

WCB confirmation email has gone out! If you didn't get one (and please check your SPAM mailbox just in case) and you have registered and PAID, please contact me ASAP!

--Robb

Maybe you should PM him to make sure.

I'm thinking of flying in Saturday (arriving in LAX around 4pm) and then driving up to Valencia and checking into the Marriott courtyard up there. I'll be leaving early Monday to catch my 1pm flight home.

I'm a full time employee and MBA student so not too much time for leisure

How long is the drive between LAX and Valencia? I know last time I did it (coming back from SFMM) took me a LONG time as I-5 was jammed. I'm guessing my ride up won't be bad (it's Saturday) but Monday morning might be bad.....

Thanks again!

4pm on a Saturday from LAX to Valencia ... I'd give yourself an hour to an hour 1/2. It's a pretty straight shot drive, but traffic can still be bad.

If you want to see some other stuff and not just SFMM, you could always take a side-trip to Pacific Park in Santa Monica on your way up to SFMM. They have 1 credit, it sucks, but you'd get to see the Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Ocean, etc. And it's not that far from LAX and on the way to SFMM.

Of course, you can always spend some time at SFMM on Saturday night as well.

I just registered for my best bro and me, were comming down late sat. night. I am hyped for this, it will be my firs coaster enthusiast event ever... woo.

hopefully there wont be an issue with the t-shirts, were both XL though so that is a pretty common size.

I'm crossing my fingers that by some crazy chance Deja-Vu will be open, but I'm not counting on it.

can't wait!

I'm going to be an official employee of Six Flags when WCB is here. Does that affect me in any way? Assuming WCB isn't during a time when I'm working (I'll likely be on the graveyard shift), does anyone know if there's anything special that needs to be done? I'd ask SFMM directly, but I'm guessing if people here don't know, they'll at least be able to point me in the direction of someone who works at the park who will know.

Maybe Mr. Six knows?

-- Peoplemover "Happy to be employed again! " Matt

^ I'm not all too sure how it can affect an employee differently. I'd say just don't over think it. Your there as a park guest... so that's pretty much it! Play the role of a guest.

Though its well behind okay to go into backstage areas when not on the clock I'd highly suggest limiting yourself on doing such actions during an event such as WCB just for a series of avoidable issues.

So yeah, be a guest, pay the ticket price for WCB , and enjoy the event! If you have any specific questions or something feel free to PM me about them.

I Cannot wait to do this. This will be my first Coaster Bash. I have been wanting to go to one of these for years. But haven't had the time or transportation to get there. But now I can. so hopefully, this event will be AWESOME!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

"I NEED TO BE THERE Just gotta figure out how...anyone got any ideas" (devol4)

From Sacramento, jump on I-5 and go south a few hundred miles to the Magic Mountain Parkway exit. Turn right and go up the hill.

Eric

That was too close for comfort.

I didn't know there was a Paypal fee added, but it turned out that I had about a dollar to spare in my checking account

It should have stated the fees in your checkout cart (see below). We've had to add this because we have just been eating so much money in PayPal fees that we either had to add this or raise our prices. We are also not even charging 100% of the PayPal fees, it's only about 75% of the total fees we pay.

If you'd rather pay with a check, you can always click the "Proceed to Checkout" link and it takes you back to the beginning where you can choose "check" and then obviously the PayPal fees are not added.

--Robb

paypal_fees.jpg.12c1430c0deb3b63897a585d7ca210f4.jpg

We will ask for your name. Normally we don't need any kind of ID, but it wouldn't hurt to bring it just in case.

The event packets will be under the name of the person who registered, so if you registered, for example, you and 3 guests, it will be under your name.

--Robb