TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

So even if they make it to the finals, will they be playing with the same intensity as they are now?

Yes.

I'll NEVER understand this argument, or question as it may be, even though I hear it time and time again. Just last year, it took Boston 20 games just to reach the Finals! Did they succumb to lack of intensity? Of course not.

And believe me, winning the NBA title isn't even anywhere near as difficult as winning a Stanley Cup. Ask any pro hockey player how physically beat up they are going into the Finals. And none of them ever slow down.

It's called adrenaline. With the prize in sight, there's not a professional player on earth (in ANY sport) that's going to lack intensity at that point in the season. Sure, they may ultimately be outplayed to a point where the game is out of reach (L.A. in game 6 last year), but going into it, they're never gonna lack intensity. You have the whole offseason to recover.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay for both the Blackhawks and Bulls being the playoffs. Hopefully it doesnt turn out like the White Sox and Cubs both being in the playoffs last year .

Yeah, this is a tough blow. It's also the reason why early, mid, and even late season predictions don't mean a whole bunch sometimes. You just can't predict stuff like this. Now we're in L.A.'s shoes from last year when they were without Bynum. We'll put up a fight, but it's not gonna be enough.

Eh. Who cares how you win the title as long as you win it. And no matter what, at some point, whoever wins the title, technically went through Boston to win it just because they are in the playoffs. Even if they lose to someone, you kind of indirectly go through the Celtics because your team has to beat the team that beat the Celtics.

My brain hurts now.

Regardless of if you like the Celtics or not, not having a key player (and an awesome, dominant player like KG) to watch during the playoffs makes things a lot less fun and exciting.

Unless you're a Magic fan. Get your fishing pole, Kevin.

tsk tsk tsk..... silly rabbits, don't you know that the NBA is fixed? King James and Cavies will get thier championship this year (besides the fact that they are playing kickarse) DaCommish has it laid out that LeBron will get the ring before the bidding chaos ensues.

That or the Spurs will shock everyone and get Duncan one more before he hangs it up...... either way, it's really already set.

Yes, it would be much appreciated.

To make matters worse, a co-worker of mine brought in the recent Men's Fitness magazine for me since she got divorced and her ex-husband won't be reading them anymore. She didn't realize I was a Boston fan, and the cover has KG on it with the caption," Kevin Garnett: Hungry For Another Ring."

Yeah, nice kick in the nuts for a Monday morning.

Oh believe me, I hope they fall to the Bulls, but I do think that with the way things are set up, they might have a fighting chance. I can understand you not wanting to get your heart broken or something, especially since you are also a Mets fan, and we both know what that is all about.

Now Powe is out for the playoffs? Man, if the Bulls can't capitalize on that, they pretty much should just liquidate all assets and call it.

Not sure I'd go that far.

I love how all the attention is on the loss of KG, but no one mentions the Bulls are without Luol Deng.

I don't think the Bulls will win the series, but I do think it's going seven games.