TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta love NBA refs. Bulls-Celtics is going seven games, even though the Celtics should be watching from home already.

That's what completely kills me about this league. They make it so frustrating for fans to watch, yet Stern never does anything about it, even after the Donoghay scandal.

^You would be

I, personally, can't wait to see a Cavs-Lakers Finals. And when the Lakers win it in 6 it will be even sweeter because I'm going back to Ohio during the summer and I'm going to bring all of my Lakers stuff and wear it! I can just picture it now....

But in all seriousness, this has been a great first round! I'm watching the game between the Bulls and the Celtics now and it's already looking good. I hope it goes into another overtime.

That's what completely kills me about this league. They make it so frustrating for fans to watch, yet Stern never does anything about it, even after the Donoghay scandal.

It's precisely why I don't watch it much anymore. It's frustrating as a fan, and someone who played. They really insult my intelligence.

The Chi/Bos series is so freaking insane. I can't imagine another series being this good.

Hopefully Rondo gets suspended for his elbow, though. Two dirty plays in two games, I mean come on.

PS: LA is gonna destroy Houston.

The Bulls are showing something now that they havent shown in years, actually making clutch shots and playing hard and not folding like they always do at big moments. Its weird watching them actually make big plays, nice to see though.

And some rough housing in the sport is fine with me, one of the things I cant stand about basketball is that everything is a foul (though the inconsistency is rediculous). Its annoying how everyone gets so worked up about scuffles in basketball and how its a disgrace to the game, I wouldve loved to see Hinrich level Rondo.

It will be a joke if Rondo is not suspended now.

I am pretty proud of my Mavs so far. I am realistic though and realize that they will be playing this next series for the right to lose to the Lakers in the conference championship. But like someone said, the Lakers have been playing down to their competition, so you never know.

I like how every one calls us the Cleveland Lebrons and Ray Allen gets 51. Mo, Delonte, and Z can match up to the Celtics big 2 any day. With Joe Smith playing like he is we can also beat the LA Kobes.

I would rather have the Miami Wades than the Hawks get to the 2nd round and play the Cavs.

I liked what I saw last night...The Lakers just came out and said "you can't push us around. You're NOT tougher than us. We can beat you at you're own game if we have to."

I doubt either player gets suspended...Rondo's lack of punishment set the precedent: as long as you make it look like it was part of the game, they won't severely punish you. Howard only got suspended because it was an obvious elbow to the face. Fisher was "just setting a hard screen" and Kobe's will be "battling for position" even though both were clearly intentional IMO. Plus, Fisher's elbow was below the shoulders and it's questionable as to where Kobe's actually landed.

I also can't believe the lack of criticism for Artest. Not only did he clearly commit a holding foul, he was "defending" Kobe by pushing his arm right into the back of Kobe's head. He still shouldn't have been ejected though.

But that's why playoff basketball is awesome. I much prefer the physical play to what happened right after that: fouls for ANYTHING.

^Howard's elbow was above the shoulders, which is clearly spelled out in the NBA's rulebook to be an ejection. Fisher didn't actually even throw an elbow: he just dropped his shoulder and made a hell of an illegal screen. It looked like an elbow because the momentum caused Fisher to swing his elbow afterwards.

It was obviously intentional, but much like Rondo's foul on Brad Miller: "it was a basketball play" according to the league. It will probably stand as a flagrant II with no additional penalties.

Stop your whining. The Lakers will last, its not like your losing Kobe. I think Orlando is taking a bigger hit than L.A. You won't lose the series, its one game.

By the way, the Cavs have been dominating their opponents.

^The Cavs are dominating because they're playing teams that shouldn't even be in the playoffs. The Pistons sucked. Atlanta will only be an interesting series when they're in Atlanta, they're horrible on the road.

I have respect for the Cavs and my whole family is rooting for them because they're all from Ohio but I don't think that ESPN should be talking about how they're going to sweep everyone in the playoffs. They aren't. And all of this winning makes teams complacent and they'll get caught and lose one or two.