TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I imagine when the Accelerators got big there were plenty of them popping up in the game. And when The Voyage was built, both NL and RCT saw a big jump in giant terrain Gravity Group hybrids. And I'm sure there's a dozen other examples of that sort of trend. People are building wingriders because that's what the fad is in the real world right now, and it's great when you can nail down a design that emulates the qualities of these brand new rides just right.

Plus, building a wingrider can be one of the most original and creative things we could do right now, since the concept is new and the possibilities for the layout are basically endless. I definitely wouldn't go out and say building a wingrider is unoriginal, especially considering the great queue interaction that coasterfreak's design has!

^I imagine when the Accelerators got big there were plenty of them popping up in the game. And when The Voyage was built, both NL and RCT saw a big jump in giant terrain Gravity Group hybrids. And I'm sure there's a dozen other examples of that sort of trend. People are building wingriders because that's what the fad is in the real world right now, and it's great when you can nail down a design that emulates the qualities of these brand new rides just right.

This guy is exactly right. It looks awesome, will it eventually get its own topic?

[censored]! What is everyone's obsession with Wing Coasters all of a sudden? Someone be original, please!

Plus, building a wingrider can be one of the most original and creative things we could do right now, since the concept is new and the possibilities for the layout are basically endless. I definitely wouldn't go out and say building a wingrider is unoriginal, especially considering the great queue interaction that coasterfreak's design has!

AJ: Spot on. I played with my wingrider, grew tired with it, and have returned to making things in the glory of His name, amen.

Braz and CF101; Not really- Without hacks/mods/cheats/trainers, you couldn't really build those rides- and considering RCT II was -new- the year TTD was announced, it wasn't even really played with- as the game was still new when TTD opened. Sure, it's a new and original idea, but let's face it: It's starting to spread around like the end-all, be-all ride. Did anyone forget about some of the other new innovations now springing up? Intamin Edgerider trains? The elongated Hypercoaster Trains for B&M? Newgen Spinners? It seems that there's a lot of hype over one ride type- and others are seemingly forgotten in the dust.

As I watch over the thread the past few pages, it's been wingrider, wingrider, wingrider, woodie, wingrider, wingrider.... YAWN, folks, YAWN.

Okay, whatever. If I want to build a wingrider, or someone else does, we're going to do it. So how about we stop critiquing the decision and start critiquing the work? Isn't that the point of this thread? We're supposed to talk about screens, not complain about how people build the same thing because apparently the Gods say they can't.

Okay, whatever. If I want to build a wingrider, or someone else does, we're going to do it. So how about we stop critiquing the decision and start critiquing the work? Isn't that the point of this thread? We're supposed to talk about screens, not complain about how people build the same thing because apparently the Gods say they can't.

QR- So what if there is a big craze about wing riders in rct. For you to 'yawn' and say them things is very offensive. People have put a lot of time and effort into their wingriders.

1.) CF101: Who said you couldn't build a wingrider? I know it wasn't me. Did somebody else tell you not to?

2.) Tiger, you didn't read my post. At all. Nor did you read AJ's either. We both said the exact same thing: How about some ORIGINALITY here?

Either way, Both of you will enjoy your break I'm sure. The reason I posted up was to encourage people NOT TO FORGET ABOUT OTHER RIDES. And that's it. Forgive me if I'm allowed to express an opinion- and to be treated as being rude as such.

Braz and CF101; Not really- Without hacks/mods/cheats/trainers, you couldn't really build those rides- and considering RCT II was -new- the year TTD was announced, it wasn't even really played with- as the game was still new when TTD opened. Sure, it's a new and original idea, but let's face it: It's starting to spread around like the end-all, be-all ride. Did anyone forget about some of the other new innovations now springing up? Intamin Edgerider trains? The elongated Hypercoaster Trains for B&M? Newgen Spinners? It seems that there's a lot of hype over one ride type- and others are seemingly forgotten in the dust.

As I watch over the thread the past few pages, it's been wingrider, wingrider, wingrider, woodie, wingrider, wingrider.... YAWN, folks, YAWN.

Well the elongated Hypercoaster trains have the same layout as the usual B&M Hypers, so design-wise I don't see how those would be much different. If someone wanted to make the Edgerider trains, chances are they'd use the same trains as we have been using for the B&M Wingriders, and they'd be restricted by the Giga box track, which doesn't have inversions or 90 degree drops programmed within the game. And to make any of these, we'd need hacks/mods/cheats/trainers.

Derek's "Alkonost" is a completely new and unique way to interpret the Wingriders, and is much different in execution and style than mine or coasterfreak's. Most of these Wingrider's I've seen have brought a new idea to the way Wingriders can be built, along with new elements as well.

I'd like to see what other ideas people have for these types of coasters, as they're just getting started in real life, as in RCT2.

I think I'll add to the debate on ideas...

Simply put, whats popular is popular. If you do not like it, you don't have to. The wingrider is the newest concept and innovation to the rollercoaster world and, with the huge rise in its polularity to parks around the globe, it is only natural that people want to design their own version. Saying, "I'm sick of seeing the same wingrider, wingrider, wingrider" is kind of narrow minded. For example, when the bow and arrow was invented and man had the resources to use it, did people rush to use and innovate it or did people say, "Everyone uses this so I'm going to stick with throwing rocks". The wingrider is simply another way of experience the thrill that is a rollercoaster. Just like inverts, stand-ups, floorless, reverse-seaters, shuttles, LIM launches, etc.

Just my opinion on the matter, you do not have to accept it. Can we get back to pictures and not debating this?

QR- So what if there is a big craze about wing riders in rct. For you to 'yawn' and say them things is very offensive. People have put a lot of time and effort into their wingriders.

1.) CF101: Who said you couldn't build a wingrider? I know it wasn't me. Did somebody else tell you not to?

2.) Tiger, you didn't read my post. At all. Nor did you read AJ's either. We both said the exact same thing: How about some ORIGINALITY here?

Either way, Both of you will enjoy your break I'm sure. The reason I posted up was to encourage people NOT TO FORGET ABOUT OTHER RIDES. And that's it. Forgive me if I'm allowed to express an opinion- and to be treated as being rude as such.

You were treated as being rude because of "YAWN people YAWN." Do you not see how that's offensive? I've put hours of work into this project and I'd much appreciate you not telling me my decision is too boring for you, because it's what I had the inspiration to build. And a type of roller coaster is not unoriginal - if anything, you want me to build a B&M hyper, arguably one of the most unoriginal designs out there? Yawn.

More of "Osprey" has been completed.

It's going to have 5 or 6 inversions, I'm not sure yet.

-Twist N Dive first drop

-Loop

-Immelmann

-Zero G Roll

-(Possibly another immelmann)

-Inline twist (near miss with custom tree)

As of right now, the supports up to the loop have been finished, I'm currently working on the landscaping and stuff around that area, as you can see.

-Twist N Dive first drop

-Loop

-Immelmann

-Zero G Roll

As of right now, the supports up to the loop have been finished, I'm currently working on the landscaping and stuff around that area, as you can see.

Would you mind someday if I stole that first drop design? I'm in love with it

-Twist N Dive first drop

-Loop

-Immelmann

-Zero G Roll

Very nice start!

@Sfgam: Not much to see, but it does look promising!

-Twist N Dive first drop

-Loop

-Immelmann

-Zero G Roll

Looking good, but make the river/lake have some diagonal parts beyond just 90degree turns.

@Sfgam, that looks nice. Is the wooden fence area the mist zone?