TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the storyline:

Sure it's campy, sure it's far-fetched, but your in line for a coaster. It's supposed to be fun and IMO it's supposed to be Campy. I absolutely LOVED it except for the excessive loudness factor.

I seriously compare the pre-show and queue to Rock N Rollercoaster, maybe even a bit better than that.

Regarding the Audio:

When you are waiting at the final break, before going into the station, did anybody else think the chanting was "HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY".

I kept waiting for the Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy.

But yes, WAY too loud and I can see them getting ruined quickly.

Wow yesterday was a great day, I was expecting Termy to be pretty fun, but it really did exceed my expectations. I got to the kroq event a bit before it opened, had to wait about half an hour at the entrance of Termy (I was the weird kid in the green sweatshirt if anyone was wondering). Once it opened I was excited to see what they had done with the theming of the ride. Boy it did not disappoint, the theming inside of the pre show buildings was on par with Disney theming (and the "location" made me laugh). Finally I got into the station and was blown away by how awesome the Fly By was from inside (gotta love that loud whooooooosh). Oh right, the ride was good too, the first time I rode I was just so amazed to feel airtime at sfmm, it was great, the audio was really cool too, the ride "experience" was by far the best thing I've ever seen SF put together. There was something missing on my first ride that I did get on my second...FIRE!!!! I'd say the hotness is on par with x2's but if you stand in Vu's exit, you can really feel it. The great thing is that you really can't see it coming, and at night. One more major plus to this ride was the smoothness, probably mainly because it was a brand new ride, but it's still nice to have a good woodie in so cal that doesnt rape you. All in all Terminator is the best ride "experience" offered at sfmm and definitely a must ride, that said lines may be incredibly long due to the newness of the ride, and the pre shows.

I dont get why you guys are complaining about the pre-show, and how you have to watch it everytime. All pre-shows are like that. Its the same for TOT.

This pre-show doesn't compare to TOT if you ask me. If the Terminator ride actually had something to do with the pre-show it would be different. Here you're riding an outdoor coaster. It's not the same as the experience you have with TOT.

^^ READ some of the complaints. They are saying the pre-show is GREAT the first time through, but doesn't "hold up" on repeat veiws.

I think it's a fair complaint. Perhaps the Tower of Terror pre-show doesn't bother people on repeat viewings?

And even if you compare it to something like Rock N Roller Coaster, well, the RNR pre-show in Florida is about 90 seconds long, and the one in Paris...maybe 10 seconds?

--Robb

I dont get why you guys are complaining about the pre-show, and how you have to watch it everytime. All pre-shows are like that. Its the same for TOT.

Believe me, after your third time riding Terminator, it gets old pretty fast, first time it's cool, but each time thereafter it loses its awesomeness. The lighting inside the pre show buildings is really cool though, it's like a rave!

Perhaps the Tower of Terror pre-show doesn't bother people on repeat viewings?

The pre-show of TOT is basically 50% of the experience. And it's re-watchable.

If TOT didn't have the pre-show, the elevator experience wouldn't necessarily be the same.

^ I want to say the total "show" is about 10 minutes. Give me a couple of hours and I should have the entire thing uploaded to CoasterTube!

Honestly, I think the whole issue of the pre-show could be eliminated if they just figure out a good way to run the line through and loop what you are seeing in each room.

It's more or less the idea of having to stop and watch, then move on, stop and watch, and then move on which seems, at least IMO, to be what's frustrating people and less about what's actually on the screens in front of them.

When you get in the station and see half-empty trains you think to yourself "Could I have been on the ride sooner had I not been forced to watch the pre-show again for the 20th time?"

Unlike Tower of Terror when you get out of the pre-show, you're in the boiler room where there is clearly more line and you don't feel like you could have been on the actual part of the attraction any sooner.

Everyone has to remember that yesterday was the FIRST time people went through the queue. I have a feeling we need to give the park a little more time to monitor the situation and make adjustments.

--Robb

Well after coming out of the last pre-show is there any amount of line that they have for people to wait in or do you go right into the station?

But 10 minutes? Wow that's very long! In my opinion the magic number is usually around 2 minutes. Not too long, but long enough to get a point across.

Also do they have groupers as you enter into each of the separate buildings or is it just a free-flowing line? I'm not sure Magic Mountain has the ability to staff the necessary amount of groupers for the ride but if they could that would solve the line problem and also keep people from destroying everything in the pre-shows.

^They really rush you in and out of those pre shows, they don't wanna waste any time, and once you're done with the last pre show you pretty much walk right on

Here are the pictures I took:

Signage with a bonus Vu in the background

Hold the phone! What's this? Theming at a Six Flags park? No way

S for Sector! Or Salvation! Or Super fun!

"Cause I jizz in my pants"

Yeah I'd tap that

It's a truck...

Preshow ftw!

Get back to managing our budget Mr. Terminator

Look at that station, aint she a beauty?

Those are the actual gear mechanisms for the escape train

Those aren't rows, they're sectors stupid

I thought I saw the back of the train light up, but I might have been wrong

Stupid camera mounts ruining the front of the train

I think I spot nerds

Weeee! Airtime!

That's what it looks like when a busted SUV takes a crap

Best sign in the park!

I spy TPR people

I'm with Robb on this one, I'm sure they will be tweaking the pre-show and it will all be okay.

You have to remember, there are 3 stops on the pre-show and each stop is pretty much a full train. So once you get to the station, there is absolutely NO wait. At least not that I experienced. So the pacing of them is actually pretty good.

Once the ride opens however, having empty trains is not going to be a good thing for capacity.

Well For Flight of Fear the video just loops over and over, if your still in the room for while and the video plays a second time I think most guest seem to ignore it.

Were they opening up the show rooms and waiting for a certain number of guest to enter before closing the door or do they start the show with any number? I understand this may be hard to guage since this was just a media event and there's no where near the number of people who are going to pack this thing on its official openning.

I know for B:TDK the pre show gets annoying and I'm always standing by the door waiting for it open and let me through while the show simultaneously amazes new riders. So I guess the must be a trade off. Do u sacrafice experience for conveniece of re-riders... there must be a way to balance it.

Are you required to stand and watch the pre-shows, or can you move on anytime, even if the queue line is empty, or hardly any people? And is that strange elevator looking structure part of the pre-show, I mean it's on the opposite side of the station?

And is that structure next to the bridge lockers or photo viewing?

Tim

As of now you are required to watch all preshows and it is controlled by ride ops.

That bridge you see is the exit, I have a bad feeling though that they will make people 'exit down the stairs' once the ride is officially open to the GP.

I had a great time last night. I still wonder how many folks were in the park...maybe 300? We never saw more than 20-25 at any one time. I have to say the 8 hours of driving (roundtrip) was well worth it!

Did anyone else notice the strange, black, gun looking things sitting off to the left of the transfer track? I think those might be for the front of the trains as they seem to match the decorations on the sides.

I can't wait to see how they upgrade the tunnels with the different lighting. Too bad we didnt get the mist on our nighttime rides...is that a permanent effect or was it just for the media? Also the sound was crazy loud, perhaps when they figure out a cover for the speakers it will dampen it a bit? Or at least turn it down once you get to the final brake run.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the crazy zig-zag before the station fly-by. Totally caught us by suprise. Its like the train moves one way while you move another. Good stuff.

We were happy to be able to get multiple rides in without leaving our seats (2 times through the pre-show was enough for me). Had a total of 8 rides on Terminator, but we also rode everything else a few times as well. The mist was crazy at X2 (never seen it on so high!).

Did anyone else notice the strange, black, gun looking things sitting off to the left of the transfer track? I think those might be for the front of the trains as they seem to match the decorations on the sides.

I asked about them also. They are/were for the front of the trains but it sounded as though they may have a different idea for them now.

I'm sure we'll see them surface somewhere!

--Robb