TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bakken to Build Mini Intamin Spinning Coaster In 2009

Anybody know why there are two chains for the lift?

My guess would be one is for the anti rollback device?

The coaster looks better than I thought it would be, I thought it was a ''kiddie ''coaster.

The first drop looks pretty sweet.

The system looks similar to the one used on Fahrenheit (ex. the lift hill gears, double chain lift). This wouldn't suprise me since it is a new system Intamin uses. We just need to see a catch car (which pushes the cars up the lift) and it seems possible.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has a keen eye they might notice a design change in the track layout from the original layout as seen in the picture below, and the photos I posted yesterday.

Who ever finds it first, give yourself a pat on the back.

layout.jpg.318a2a76766dd65491341a7cb3871b76.jpg

Can you spot a design change from the orginal design seen in this photo, and the construction photos I posted yesterday!

This ride is not very tall no? Is there any other intamin like this one?

No it isn't the Kanonen clone as previously rumored, but Bakken has announced that they will build a new Intamin spinning coaster for the 2009 season. All that is known so far is that it will be 33ft tall and 984ft long. I assume that this will be one of their twist and turn coasters as I don't think Intamin has any other spinning coaster designs unless this will be a new ride design. It won't be big, but it should still be a fun little ride.

RCDB

That should answer your question.

Mine still stands...Is Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's Berry Farm here in SoCal an Intamin design or not?

This ride is not very tall no? Is there any other intamin like this one?

No it isn't the Kanonen clone as previously rumored, but Bakken has announced that they will build a new Intamin spinning coaster for the 2009 season. All that is known so far is that it will be 33ft tall and 984ft long. I assume that this will be one of their twist and turn coasters as I don't think Intamin has any other spinning coaster designs unless this will be a new ride design. It won't be big, but it should still be a fun little ride.

RCDB

That should answer your question.

Mine still stands...Is Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's Berry Farm here in SoCal an Intamin design or not?

Thx very much, next time I'll read all the topic before posting.... lol

This looks like a great fun ride.

I believe the section of track that has changed is the wraparound section round the lift/first drop? Am I correct?

Do I win anything

Andrew "Here's Hoping" Shakespeare

Your right! Congratulations, then you can give yourself a pat on your back, that is the prize. And the honor of being the first to get it correct!

• 2 weeks later...

Some walls are starting to come up and it appears the ride won't be completely enclosed as some turns will be outside the building teasing the public outside.

Oh and for the british on the scandi trip who might already feel homesick on the second day can have a pint of lager on a classic London bus converted into an english pub

Update 7th March

• 2 weeks later...
This coaster cannot be a lot of money! It is so small! I do hope that Intamin has a new design for the spinning coaster. I really do not think that the Twist and Turn model looks any fun. Of course, I have not ridden one before, so I have no clue if it is any fun.

I'm not sure about the fun quota either, but those Twist and Turn coasters look kind of like a 'Tilt-a-Whirl on a Track'! I look forward to seeing the trains.