TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

^The way you described Wonder Woman makes me so excited to ride Railblazer this July. I hope Six Flags (and even Cedar Fair tbh) clone the crap outta these things. PLEASE become the new Boomerang! lol

yep.

here's how I described it back on May 6th:

it's absolutely freaking insane, they are promoting it as the fastest ride in the park, and I believe it. No trims at all. Absolutely bonkers in the best way possible.

the back seat is attempting to kill you, whipping you over the 1st drop and the midcourse drop, with violent air-time that pushed me up (hard) against the shoulder belts. LOVED it.

the front seat is also attempting to kill you, with a free-fall that about 1/2 way down feels like someone slammed a large anvil on your back to force you down faster.

the middle seats (row 5), shook me around more than the front or back did, but was still a very good ride.

Looks like I'm headed to SA for work in a few weeks and I am going to extend my trip so I can visit SFFT. I've never been to the park before, so I'm pumped to check out WW and finally ride IRat. I plan on getting a Flash Pass but I just want to make sure that WW is on the Flash Pass. Has anyone gone recently with a Flash Pass that can answer if WW is on it and if there are any restrictions? I plan on doing all the coasters plus the drop tower and Sky Screamer. If there's any other worthwhile flats, please let me know. I'd also appreciate any tips on food and anything else to have a great visit to the park.

During the membership preview weekend, they had the signage for Flash Pass and a separate queue set up. So unless something changed, they had every intention of putting Flash Pass on it. That being said, I could see them restricting it to one ride or Platinum only if they copy what some of their other parks have done.

Looks like I'm headed to SA for work in a few weeks and I am going to extend my trip so I can visit SFFT. I've never been to the park before, so I'm pumped to check out WW and finally ride IRat. I plan on getting a Flash Pass but I just want to make sure that WW is on the Flash Pass. Has anyone gone recently with a Flash Pass that can answer if WW is on it and if there are any restrictions? I plan on doing all the coasters plus the drop tower and Sky Screamer. If there's any other worthwhile flats, please let me know. I'd also appreciate any tips on food and anything else to have a great visit to the park.

Yes wwglc is on the flashpass but I think they are limiting it to one ride only per day

Sounds like not only did the horses for the carousel get repainted but they may have fixed up the bang organ too. And we still got the Pirate dark ride coming. This has been a great year for Fiesta Texas. (seeing this carousel go up reminds me of my old job in the industry)

423D086D-CEB9-43F8-A531-0F7DAD48A63F.thumb.jpeg.9959b56c0b6adaf2771bb649e56d6474.jpeg

Concrete for a carousel

2C439E13-A361-4835-ABE8-C9E0DE1AB824.thumb.jpeg.8cb92884edb2c2560aabae2e95d47b2a.jpeg

B950A323-E2D0-4F85-934E-0B667703AF70.thumb.jpeg.4982c16d5e78878c45b6b5761308feab.jpeg

BFC2C0C7-0842-4801-9436-EC9E1817526A.thumb.jpeg.abb5377a6788a08ba122fbc0bd6722d6.jpeg

^^ ditto.

glad to see them moving on getting the install in, and the repainting looks great.

as wiped as I am from my trip to Niagara Falls (we just got back an hour or so ago), there's a chance I might be headed to Fiesta tomorrow. . have to see how I'm feeling.

very interested in taking a look myself too

Doesn't sound like it. It was down for me when I visited in late April. Left me a little disappointed, it seemed like a fun mine train. I had figured it was just that day, but every report I've seen since then has mentioned that it continued to be down.

Hey so... has Road Runner Express run at all this year? Asking for a friend.

On the bright side, they have an awesome flume.

that still has most of the Looney Tunes themeing (at least on the ride, if not in the actual queue) intact.

Roadrunner has not been operating since the 2018 season started it seems (tho I did ride it in Dec during Holiday in the Park).

I just called the park and spoke to Customer service and they checked and confirmed for me:

"Roadrunner Express is down until further notice due to maintenance issues"

they do NOT have an estimated time for when the ride will be operational, and apologized for the inconvenience.

so, sorry Bill, but sounds like it's gonna be down for a while still. . a shame, as I believe it's the last mine-train coaster that Arrow built, and it's a unique layout.

but maybe whatever is broken, they are just waiting for a part or something?

I mean... trust me. The word won't end if I miss out on a mine train. I just figured I'd ask.

it's a fun one tho. . and, eh. . took me 2 minutes to call them to ask.

so no worries.

now. .if you miss out on the Bugs Bunny Rapids?.. . you'll be devastated.

lemme know when you're gonna be down, and if possible, could try to meet up (tho it's rough for me during the weekdays).

Aw, that sucks. I'm going to be there next weekend and I was looking forward to the mine train. Doesn't sound like the type of thing that will be resolved in a week.

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more? Structural problem?

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more?

In the case of Road Runner Express? Lift motor, structural issue, coyote with a chainsaw, coyote with a stick of dynamite. Could be anything...

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more?

In the case of Road Runner Express? Lift motor, structural issue, coyote with a chainsaw, coyote with a stick of dynamite. Could be anything...

I see what you did there haha

It was running at the beginning of the season, I believe. Then one day it went down, and the next week, the trains were off of the track.

Yeah, it was indeed up and running the day that I was there in mid-April. Had to check if I had an on-ride photo from it, and indeed I do. I'll save myself the embarrassment of posting it though.

It was running at the beginning of the season, I believe. Then one day it went down, and the next week, the trains were off of the track.

Yeah, it was indeed up and running the day that I was there in mid-April. Had to check if I had an on-ride photo from it, and indeed I do. I'll save myself the embarrassment of posting it though.

post away, it's not a kiddie coaster. . . .no shame involved at all