TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Has anybody figured it out, there clues? I'm like they keep sending rides that might stay or leave in 216 then u got the boardwalk question. Then u got a ride that there but gonna have an enchament??? Hmm I'm bummed out, I guess staged tuned#2016#SFFT#

Please take a few seconds to read your comment before you post it. I have no idea what your trying to say.

Sorry guys was driving in my car I should not have been doing that sorry. Forgot to spell check.

Driving your car and posting something on TPR? That doesn't seem like a great mix...

Fiesta Texas looks like a lovely Six Flags park. Question for the locals: what's the overall reaction of the crowd on Batman? I'm curious how this new type of ride from S&S scores with the public .

Sorry guys was driving in my car I should not have been doing that sorry. Forgot to spell check.

Driving your car and posting something on TPR? That doesn't seem like a great mix...

Fiesta Texas looks like a lovely Six Flags park. Question for the locals: what's the overall reaction of the crowd on Batman? I'm curious how this new type of ride from S&S scores with the public .

I visit the park quite often and I sometimes hear the GP talking about it.

Unfortunately a lot of the comments I've heard seem like people are disappointed by it.

Calling it short, not worth it or saying it sucks.

Kind of sad really, but that's the GP!

I visit the park quite often and I sometimes hear the GP talking about it.

Unfortunately a lot of the comments I've heard seem like people are disappointed by it.

Calling it short, not worth it or saying it sucks.

Kind of sad really, but that's the GP!

I've heard the opposite! Everyone I have talked to about it loved it. I did hear people saying it was short, but overall they had positive reviews.

Question for the locals: what's the overall reaction of the crowd on Batman? I'm curious how this new type of ride from S&S scores with the public .

Lines for it exceed an hour constantly, but people still think Iron Rattler is better (and scarier apparently).

From Screamscape:

The rumor mill and teasers are dropping fast from Six Flags Fiesta Texas. First I've been sent a "Top Secret / Confidential" graphic that lists a September 3rd date, which I can only assume is for the announcement. Meanwhile I've also been sent a message from Thurman Brothers Coaster Redevelopment to let us know that they've ordered a wrecking ball, because "a major attraction will meet its demise November 1st, 2015."

Now... this next part is purely speculation on my part, but I'm thinking that the soon to depart attraction may be linked to the story I was told about how an existing park attraction would be getting a significant upgrade over the winter. Now stay with me here... but my thoughts are drawn to the park's Scooby Doo dark ride.

The only other Six Flags parks to have a Scooby Doo dark ride was St Louis, who scrapped their Scooby ride last year to build their new Justice League ride. My thought is that Six Flags may not want to keep paying whatever they are paying to keep the rights to use the Scooby Doo IP in just this one park, and could opt to have the dark ride upgraded and transformed into something new for 2016. We saw a similar removal of the Scooby Doo theming to the dark rides at the Cedar Fair parks a couple of years ago which kept the rides pretty much the same as before they removed the Scooby Doo gang figures.

I'm not sure if there is room for Justice League in the same footprint here, or if they can expand the building, but they could simply opt to make a custom haunted house experience instead. Just something to think about.

Scooby Doo has one of the slowest moving queues in the park. If it were to become the Justice League, they'd have some major work to do to increase capacity. But I don't see how that fits with the "panoramic views" hint. I'd be extremely sad if SFFT lost its only dark ride and didn't replace it with another.

Also, the logo for the ride is on fire and appears to end with a "T x 3". Whatever it is, it's not a Justice League logo:

https://ink361.com/app/users/ig-672337573/screamsource/photos/ig-1050162926547646850_672337573

Could the "x3" mean three new rides? I tried finding the tweet again, but someone had said they thought they knew all three new rides going to SFoT, if you believe it.

Larson Loops are 73 feet tall which I don't think is enough to breach ground level outside of the quarry. I thus don't think that would provide the advertised "panoramic views" either.

The Crow's Nest (SFFT's Ferris Wheel) gets you above the quarry walls at 90 feet tall, and it's in pretty lousy shape. Maybe a refurb will be part of the (three?) updates, and that's where the "panoramic view" comes from.

Putting it all together... I have no idea whatsoever.

I was on the Ferris Wheel Sunday night and saw no sign of construction. I did a lot of the old cars from Motorama are still hanging around the parking lot, but I can't imagine them being repurposed onto a new boardwalk ride. Hopefully we'll see the S.S. Overboard operational again.

Ok so i'm posting this because I think it's a hint. As, it is Hash-tagged with #SFFT2016
Do you love Fiesta Texas at night? #SFFT2016

CNS0lNYUwAADpCC.jpg

huh. . don't see Pandemonium in that pic.