TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Here's the thing with Arrows. They're all different and everyone reacts differently to each one based on specific body dimensions. For example, I hate Vortex but a lot of people enjoy it. I experience no discomfort whatsoever on Anaconda and most people have complete disdain for that ride. I like most Arrows actually but I hate Vortex and Corkscrew.

So if you've never ridden one then ride Vortex, but if you hate it don't let it stop you from riding other Arrows. Even if you hate both Vortex and Corkscrew (like I do) you might like the other ones. They're not like B&M's where they all generally ride the same way. They're all very different.

Yeah I think I can take a beating. The lift hills on SFOT's mine train, The Boss at SFStL, even Boomerangs to some extent (except the restraints, I hate the standard Vekoma OTSRs, at least while going up backwards), stuff like that really doesn't bother me at all. The only coaster I've been on that I really don't like is Titan. It wasn't until the second or third time that I realized how much wasted track that ride has. I came off with a headache all three times. Plus, there's a good chance I'll get to ride one of the best Arrow loopers on this trip because Dollywood is on the itinerary and I've heard great things about Tennessee Tornado.

giga coaster ruined the minds of too many people

If a rumor with zero evidence or clues to back it up has ruined you from enjoying what looks like a great wood coaster, that's your own problem. There was no merit to that rumor to begin with.

Edited by WOFanatic

If this isn't allowed delete it. posted on Kings Island Expos's Facebook page.

[attachment=0]new coaster.jpg[/attachment]

Looks a lot like Prowler at Worlds of Fun. Since most people i know would rank that over Beast (and Golden Ticket Awards rates it over Diamondback), looks like a great fit and is a much better investment than a giga coaster in my opinion.

Also, I find it funny that Prowler is themed to a panther, and KI used a gif of a kitten for one of their teasers. Looks like Prowler is getting a sister coaster.

Prowler better than the Beast? No. imo. And I'm definitely okay with a new wooden coaster at KI. But there is nothing wrong with a giga coaster. A B&M giga at any park would be king...Especially at KI.

Everyone I've talked to that's ridden both says Prowler is better. But let's not get stuck on this issue. Both rides are incredible and are for different people.

Personally, I'm excited that CF is still investing in wooden roller coasters while other chains start to remove/convert their current woodies.

Would everybody you've talked too also be a WOFanatic? And don't get me wrong, I agree with you that both rides are incredible. If KI is getting a Prowler sister, I'm definitely okay with that.

Perhaps. The great thing is that no matter which one you prefer, you will pretty much have both at KI next year.

Here's the thing with Arrows. They're all different and everyone reacts differently to each one based on specific body dimensions. For example, I hate Vortex but a lot of people enjoy it. I experience no discomfort whatsoever on Anaconda and most people have complete disdain for that ride. I like most Arrows actually but I hate Vortex and Corkscrew.

So if you've never ridden one then ride Vortex, but if you hate it don't let it stop you from riding other Arrows. Even if you hate both Vortex and Corkscrew (like I do) you might like the other ones. They're not like B&M's where they all generally ride the same way. They're all very different.

Yeah I think I can take a beating. The lift hills on SFOT's mine train, The Boss at SFStL, even Boomerangs to some extent (except the restraints, I hate the standard Vekoma OTSRs, at least while going up backwards), stuff like that really doesn't bother me at all. The only coaster I've been on that I really don't like is Titan. It wasn't until the second or third time that I realized how much wasted track that ride has. I came off with a headache all three times. Plus, there's a good chance I'll get to ride one of the best Arrow loopers on this trip because Dollywood is on the itinerary and I've heard great things about Tennessee Tornado.

Agree 100%! I hated Titan too. Just a terrible coaster...Don't get all the hype. And you're also right again, Dollywood definitely has the best Arrow Looper.

Tennessee Tornado is amazing. It's just as smooth as an Intamin or B&M, it has a great location and a really cool first drop.

As far as Vortex and Invertigo, one thing that Vortex has going for it is that between the crappy ride experience and it's awesome capacity the line is never very long. With Invertigo not only does the ride suck but lines can get really long.

I think I'll leave Vortex open as a "if it's a short wait and we feel like doing it, then do it" but not a must-ride. It wasn't high on my priority list to begin with.

I don't plan on riding Invertigo mostly because I'm not a big Boomerang fan to begin with and KI has so many better things to do with our time than wait in line for that.

The only thing I hate about Vortex is the restraints. I think it is just rough enough to bounce your head into the OTSR over and over again but smooth enough it could be good if something could be done about the head banging. If it was possible to replace the trains or if it was somehow possible although I have no idea how to replace the restraints it might be possible to become a decent ride.

Look at Flight of Fear, I think the head banging was worse on that before the restraint change than Vortex is now.

^^I think this can be said for pretty much any looper. Heck, even B&Ms would have less headbanging with better restraints (although I've heard the vest restraints have other issues)

^I'll give that a shot if we ride it. Thanks for the tip.

I'm having trouble figuring out the orientation of this thing. Okay Kings Island experts... based on what we know, assuming this is legitimate do you think Race for Your Life Charlie Brown is in the way or do you think there's reason for optimism here?

I'm having trouble figuring out the orientation of this thing. Okay Kings Island experts... based on what we know, assuming this is legitimate do you think Race for Your Life Charlie Brown is in the way or do you think there's reason for optimism here?

Saw this on Instagram if it helps...

image.thumb.jpeg.b859f9029a46ae7aa725268936028c9f.jpeg

Credit goes to @coastercaos

I don't think it's going to face that way. They scaled it down way too much and in order for it to face that way it would go over the picnic grove which seems stupid to me. Look how small the station is in that mockup compared to the station of the junior hang and bang. No way...

From what I can tell RFYLCB is safe. Zone 1A is behind the ride in the woods, You cross over the train tracks going up the lift hill into Zone 1C which is where the clearing we have been seeing is next to the new entrance to WWC. Zone 2 is between WWC and the train while Zone 3 is between train shed and the train tracks. But I am not certain how the train shed fits here. It feels wrong somehow or maybe we are getting a new train shed.

I don't think it's going to face that way. They scaled it down way too much and in order for it to face that way it would go over the picnic grove which seems stupid to me. Look how small the station is in that mockup compared to the station of the junior hang and bang. No way...

I've never been to KI so I wouldn't know. Sorry.

I've never been to KI so I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Lol don't be sorry. I appreciate you trying to answer the question I just don't think that's feasible. We're all just sort of thinking out loud here though.

From what I can tell RFYLCB is safe. Zone 1A is behind the ride in the woods, You cross over the train tracks going up the lift hill into Zone 1C which is where the clearing we have been seeing is next to the new entrance to WWC. Zone 2 is between WWC and the train while Zone 3 is between train shed and the train tracks. But I am not certain how the train shed fits here. It feels wrong somehow or maybe we are getting a new train shed.

I'm thinking along the same lines... and that's a big relief because getting rid of RFYLCB would be a real shame. I know I'm in the minority, but if you asked me to pick between a GCI and an Arrow Log Flume I would pick the Log Flume 100% of the time. Being able to have both would be outstanding though.

I created a picture giving the general idea of where the coaster will go.

IF there is a coaster. Don't get your hopes up.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 2 months? This is the KI thread not the KD thread.

I put this together really quickly.

Think I am still off on the scaling because I think it might be larger than that. Would require a new train shed. I could see the park using this as an excuse to change the path of the train.

I went back and looked at the satellite view again and I am positive I am wrong, or it is smaller than The Racer. Might try again later tonight.