TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Final Destination 3 And Roller Coaster

Hi All,

I've just joined TPR today. Really like to share experience. It was long time ago since the movie Final Destination was first hit the theatre.

I was not able to take any ride again in the amusement park after watching the movie and would like to know if this happened to you guys?

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're saying is ridiculous and complete bs.

Quote from the movie by Ian while queueing for Devil's Flight coaster. "You're more likely to die driving to an amusement park than at one." Just something you should think about next time you get into a car.

As much of a fan of the series as I am, I will admit this was one of the cheesiest scenes I had ever seen in a movie. The physics were horribly done, and it looked more like something out of RCT3 than anything else. It also says something about just how bad that scene was by them using the "RCT scream" in the movie intro. In fact, I now want to go to PNE Vancouver just to ride what they did in the movie.

^

Yeah, but stupid people who do stupid stuff at theme parks has nothing to do with the safety of the park.

Almost all deaths at theme parks usually have something to do with the person:

A.) Did something stupid

B.) He or she ignored the health rules when they knew full well their health isn't in the right shape for a coaster.

Trust me, roller coaster are extremly stafe. (With the exception of the Flip Flop which didn't last too long)

It's a movie. It can really happen.

--James

^ Exactly. Roller coaster deaths or injuries are almost always because of someone's stupid decision. You probably have a better chance at getting hit by lightning then dying because of a roller coaster. Coasters are inspected and monitored everyday. Trust me, once you ride a coaster, you're gonna be thinking "Why the hell was I affraid of that." You don't know what you're missing.

Seeing Beverly Hills Cop 3 never scared me away from going to Great America...I only wanted to go back even more! I just wish I had ridden that Sky Whirl when it was there regardless of what happened in the movie.

Both Sky Whirl scene on BHC3 and FD3 coaster scenes alike, most was probably done in a studio and had a few shots of the actual ride to work with. A lot of the 'dangerous' stuff was done on computer therefore would not actually happen...it's how the GP sees rides going wrong.

LOL, this made me laugh.

Firstly that film isnt real,

secondly the chances of getting injured on a coaster is small; but dieing one there is about one in a million chance lol.

I used to be so scared of coasters but now cant get enough of 'em!

Jordan.

P.s is the spell checker working, is dieing actually spelt like that? Sorry to be a pain.

Honestly, I laughed at that stupid movie. What happened to the riders was weird, not scary. Did it affect my want to ride a coaster? Hell no. But hey, I was able to fully see it as a movie (because of the cheesiness). But, I did see the famous clip from Psycho and was a little afraid of the shower

I haven't seen the whole film, but I did youtube the coaster sequence and I don't get why it would put people off. I mean it was so over the top you can tell is not serious, I mean they show fuel leaking onto the tracks (coasters don't run on fuel), then a wheel falls off (Caused by a camera magically sticking to the track ) , then a bit of track snaps for no reason, then the restraints pop open, then everyone falls out, its so silly to think that so many unrelated random events would happen one after the other....its as if the writers just made a list of every bad thing they could think of, and then just made a film sequence cramming them all in.

I mean, I know its a movie, so I'm trying not to be cynical about how they made it, but really, who makes life decisions (ie not going on rides) based around what they saw in a film?

I was not able to take any ride again in the amusement park after watching the movie and would like to know if this happened to you guys?

Sorry mate, but you're being stupid. Its a horror movie you watched for goodness sake.

^ Togo would have been appropriate too.

^^ First off, the camera is not what caused the crash - it simply caused the hydraulics to rupture sooner than they would have otherwise. When the ride left the station, you could see the fluid dripping. Or maybe the camera did nothing at all to cause it. It just looked like it did because of how the restraints opened up when the train rolled over it. There's a possibility the producers put it there to look like a plot hole.

1. Final destination was complete bullcrap. The TRAIN Isn't what really comes off the track. The CAMERA is what would come off the track (or get smashed) in real life. [And roller coasters don't run on fuel. )

2. The batman incident was the kid's fault...He jumped over two six foot tall fences both loaded with warning signs with a huge roller coaster behind it so he could get his hat.

Don't be afraid to ride thrill rides. Carnival rides are what you should look out for! (Those carnies' boxes o' buckets o' lard can get stuck in some ride's gearboxes! Lasy carnies! )

I've seen the movie and it didn't effect me at all. I have friends that did get effected by this movie though, and no matter what I say, they won't change their mind about how real it is. I almost started yelling at one of them today!

Don't be afraid to ride thrill rides. Carnival rides are what you should look out for! (Those carnies' boxes o' buckets o' lard can get stuck in some ride's gearboxes! Lasy carnies! )

You sound just as ignorant as the person that started this. Carnival rides, if you knew anything, have to pass state inspections weekly. Much more then a amusement park ride. I've never felt un safe on a single ride ever. I've been there for take down, for research purposes, and they had to do everything with an inspector around. The operators just have to push a button, just like any other amusement park operator. Safety standards today are so high, you don't have to worry about either.

Also, un like most amusement parks. They don't have teenagers that half the time aren't even looking at the ride running them. They may be ugly, or missing teeth, at least they pay more attention most of the time. I realize you were just joking, but its a pet peeve of mine when people always assume that stuff.