TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

George Carlin 1937-2008

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. Rufus!

It's a true bummer to wake up to this on my news feed this morning. The amount of work the guy left will be around for a long time to come, and I know I won't forget his no BS way of looking at life.

Anyone have any favorites bits of his they would like to share?

-Sean

Anyone have any favorites bits of his they would like to share?

"Too much use of the this prefix pre. Pre existing, pre planning. Pre s*** my genital situation!"

"The first time I heard 'Rain Even' I thought 'Holy s***! I hope I can get tickets for that!"

"We would now like to pre board. You mean I can get on before I get on?!"

"About this time someone is telling you to get on the plane. 'Get on the plane. Get on the plane...' I say f*** you I'm getting IN the plane! Let Eval Kneival get ON the plane. I'd rather be in here with you folks in uniform..."

"Please observe the no smoking sign until well inside the terminal. It's physically impossible!!!"

"This lady is coming on like the f****** mayor's wife welcoming me to an airport she isn't even at yet!"

"You ever have a hatchet go right through your face? There's a nice cool breeze that goes across your brain..."

To think I was watching him the day before this was announced in a nice little cameo as a hitch hiker in Jay and Slient Bob Strike Back ("Sure I'll take a shot in the mouth if it'll get my another couple of hundred miles across the country").

George was way cool, and funny.

RIP, and now you can say all those seven words wherever you want.

He later agreed that there were only 6 deadly words, because "mother" in and of itself is not a dirty word.

He will be missed, one of the funnier men out there and I wish I had gotten the chance to see him live.

Two days before Carlin died, Jim Borgman of the Cincinnati Enquirer published a cartoon "with apologies to George Carlin" titled '7 Words You Can Never Say To Americans":

You.

Are.

Using.

Too.

Damn.

Much.

Oil.

http://borgman.cincinnati.com/

(They just redid the website, and unfortunately I have problems seeing enlarged cartoons.) From Fri Jun 20.

I admire that even after he first found fame, he realized he as a stiff performing for other stiffs, and instead did something that better defined him and made sense to common people. Our American heroes (firefighters, policemen, soldiers, other personnel) use those "seven words" as Carlin said in an interview with O'Reilly from 2001.

It’s funny because far and between some people truly do not understand him or his rants.

Carlin had a true classic art form taking hot topics “in which would really get under someone’s collar” and running them in an actually intelligent point of view in sorts (and to degrees) one thing this world does not need less of is outspoken people with an actual point of view.

I'd rather be shot alive or made to go too Legally Blonde the musical rather then see him. What an a$$.

Those who say he’s an a$$, etc. Congrats people like Carlin assisted in you being able to still call him one. (Heck he’d be proud) the man was awesome and agree @ 71 the man looked great and was just as grumpy and fiery as ever, slightly slower but still good ol Carlin. About 2 years ago I finally got to see him for the first time ever when he hit Jacksonville and it was a blast!

All in all I agree with an article I came across which said, the world just became much less funny.

Some Favorite Carlin stuff I haven’t seen posted!

“I’m sticking to the clean ones. I know they want the PG13 environment in here ”

How to piss off a feminist;

An it does not take a lot of imagination to piss off a feminist. All you gotta do is run into NOW headquarters or Ms. magazine and say, "hey, which one of you cute little cupcakes wants to come home and cook me a nice meal and give me a ****job!

I woke up the other day and the first piece of news on television was 'last Tuesday marks Mickey Mouse's 78th birthday.

That's not news! You know what I say? ***** Mickey Mouse!

***** Mickey Mouse up the ass!

***** Mickey Mouse up the ass with a big rubber *ick!"

*These I had to grab online couldn’t think of his clean jokes… hmmm..

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

2,443 dirty words on his website in the documents category.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

If someone loves you and they leave and don't come back, it was never meant to be. If someone loves you and they leave and come back, set them on fire.

There's nothing funny about rape.....unless you're raping a clown.

Sailing isn't a sport, it's a way to get somewhere. Riding a bus isn't a sport, why the ***** should sailing be sport?

Carlin1.jpg.a10dfc53084b1cbfa334fd63c0493654.jpg

New Ferret from this weekend, Carlin.

This really saddened me. He was my favorite comedian, and I always liked watching his videos and listening to his specials I had on my ipod. His material was offensive, but still made me laugh every time I heard it. R.I.P George Carlin, may the sun and Joe Pesci be with you.

Being that I am a political enthusiast, this bit has to be my favorite:

“I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.”

“This is a little prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this:

Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as it is in heaven.

Give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. And crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen.

This really bummers me. He was one of the few standups that could really make me laugh.

I still love the airplane act:

Attendent : In case of an emercency, the seat cushion can be used as a life vest.

George : No way I'm going to us something a big f**ck probably farted in.

Attendent : In case of an emercency. Please remain calm.

George : How the hell I'm I going to remain calm. we are all going to die.

Attendent : Before putting on your mask. Please help the little children with theres first.

George : Screw the kids

There are so many good ones. I have a CD collection of him. Here is one more of my favorite:

Man harming the Earth is a joke, I mean, we have volcano eruptions, plate technonics, tidle waves, hurricains, tornadoes, wild fires, comet crashes, mud slides, and they are all concerned if someone throws a f**cking can out of the car window.

--James

• 1 month later...