TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I hope HITP is a success for them! If the park can really bring a quality experience and manage to not just draw in a large crowd first season, but also impress them, it may work. I just feel like competition with places like Busch Gardens Williamsburg is stronger during the holiday season. I know SFA is more local for DC residents but there is still competition. I honestly feel like HITP would work for just about every Six Flags property except maybe those that are so far north that coaster operations would be near impossible most days.

I have a feeling the back of the park will not be open, which would be a bummer since SROS is easily the star of the park. I would go regardless if I was a local.

HITP has worked wonderfully down here at SFOG (they even expanded it this past holiday season, so now almost the entire park is included and the hours are 2pm-10pm every day of operation, as opposed to the former 4pm-10pm pre-xmas and 2pm-8pm after), and the "Six Flags" experience really transforms into more than you would expect from Six Flags, so I only see it as a good thing if SFA executes the event even half as well.

Extended coaster season at the very least!

^I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The park slows down the launch on Joker's Jinx to save funds so they wouldn't operate it if they don't have to if its that expensive. They already have another kiddie area up front so no need to open behind Wild One otherwise which is unfortunate.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Roar is closed, but I have a feeling it might be for good reason

Do we know how Vekoma SLCs do in colder weather or how much annual maintenance this one seems to require?

I just wonder because they could easily cut Mind Eraser from the line up and I know here at SFOG having HITP seems to really cram off season maintenance which is probably why some rides only have one train throughout HITP (and possibly why they hold back from operating every coaster).

Do we know how Vekoma SLCs do in colder weather

They suck in cold weather too.

At least if you wear a beanie or something it will protect your head during impact.

If your ears aren't covered, get ready for the pain of having your numb sensitive ears bashed repeatedly.

^I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The park slows down the launch on Joker's Jinx to save funds so they wouldn't operate it if they don't have to if its that expensive. They already have another kiddie area up front so no need to open behind Wild One otherwise which is unfortunate.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Roar is closed, but I have a feeling it might be for good reason

Um, I can find out what parts are going to be open. Give me a couple of days.

Oh yeah

I got money that says Gotham will be open... Hint

I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, knowing the park is fairly compact outside of Gotham City and their most popular coasters are in this section.

Also, I think everyone should believe it when he says "hint."

This is what I know. They really want both of the kid sections going for this event.