TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dogwood Lake Park

How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?

• Best park I've seen!
    • Nice park, but could use some work.
    • Average park.
    • Nothing TERRIBLE, but nothing good either...
    • Worst park EVER!

Now that Six Flags Indiana Adventures has encountered a disaster, and can no longer operate , I've decided to take a break from RCT3. (Too much lag, not enough patience...)

So the other day, I downloaded some parks (from http://www.brandonscoasters.com), gathered some CS, and made my first custom scenario.

So please join me on my journey through the world of RCT2, and leave comments along the way!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

My name is Matthew Henning, and I have just been hired as the public relations manager for a new amusement attraction opening next year here in Montgomery, IN!

It is my job to get this amusement park noticed, and so what better way to start than announce it to a website full of coaster geeks! ( )

Here is the official press release I have put together; it will be seen all over the papers soon!

Dogwood Lake Park is scheduled to open next spring, May, 1984. This all new amusement attraction will attract visitors from all over the country.

The park will host rides that will thrill tourists, shows for the less daring, and some of the best food around!

Park owner and president, Michael Daily stated, "It has been my family's dream to bring excitement into this small town, and now that dream will come true! We hope others will enjoy it just as much as we will!"

Here are some pictures of the construction!

The entrance plaza is almost complete!

Inside of the plaza...

The (man-made) lake.

Overview of the park so far.

What do you all think?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks you all!

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the 1st picture?

For me, it is completely black. I tried to replace it twice, and it's still just a big black square!

I don't know what the problem is...

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Hello all!

Well I just got back from the park, and a couple new attractions have gone up, including the parks first ride!

Take a look...

Dogwood Lake Carousel is a double-decker carousel overlooking the lake. At first, I was skeptical of the ride's placement, but now I'm growing kind of fond of it.

A new restaurant has gone up. Looks like Italian to me!

See you soon...

^Here is a little more to comment on

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Well, I didn't really mean to get back to the park so soon, but after 1 week, I received notification that major construction was going on over at Dogwood Lake!

So I rushed over to the site, and to my surprise, a whole new coaster had been put up!

Check it out...

Cyclone, and Arrow loop-screw, is the park's first coaster!

The coaster, as well as a small bathroom, were squeezed into a compact piece of land.

Current overview.

What do you all think of Cyclone?

^If you meant physical length of the queue, then yes. If you meant actual wait, it almost always is unless it's a walk on.

Anyway, HOLY CRAP! For a first park, this is freaking amazing!

Thank you everybody! Comments mean more updates!

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

New things are going up like crazy over at Dogwood Lake; so fast that I'm visiting the park bi-weekly! Anyway, since I talked to you last week, the park has already put up two new rides!

The first is a scrambler ride, called Twirling Timbers. The other is an Intamin rapids ride, but we haven't confirmed a name for it yet.

Here are some pictures of the construction:

Twirling Timbers, while placed in the middle of the midway, is hidden by some nice landscaping.

Here is the new rapids ride!

Here you can get a better view of the loading area, and its relative location.

See you very soon!

^Good question! lol.

Currently, it doesn't. 8cars for some reason will not let me lower the rapids troff into water (zero clearances), so until I can get that to work, I had to use the "river rafts" ride, which has absolutely NO special options, other than S-bends...

But when I get it to work, there WILL be rapids (and maybe even a whirlpool & geysers)!

Any more comments?

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Hey again! I know I know, I said I'd be at the park bi-weekly, but I had my summer vacation the past 2 weeks, so I couldn't give you any updates...

Luckily, I've got something for you that I think is worth that long wait!

A NEW COASTER!!!

Look and see:

Woodland Dash is a Schwartzkopf Spiral Lift Coaster (Jet Star)!

A 1st Aid building has also been added to the entrance plaza.

Here is an overview of the entire new area.

So what do you all think about the park so far?

Looks pretty nice but its a bit flat to be honest. Also regarding the rapids you can get it in the water easily. Firstly zero all clearances with 8 cars. Then raise the water up not lower the track. Then restore clearances and there ya go.

Cheers

89James89