TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

It's late, and this 'MAY" have been mentioned, but the 1911 above the RIT website got me thinking, and so I "Wikipedia-ed" that year, and there is a notable mention for someone who pioneered work in superconductivity in that year....just saying...it's in the April or May listings for that year.

There is some awkward wording here, which could mean that there is a clue or clues hidden in the text. The phrase "wind paving" especially sticks out to me, since it is a made-up phrase (as far as I can tell) with no apparent meaning. It's also weird that they would mention crossing the South Pole Telescope specifically, and not just crossing the South Pole (the telescope is located at Amundsen–Scott Station, just a few hundred feet from the exact location of the South Pole). Perhaps another astronomical clue (remember the Big Dipper/Ursa Major and Comet Halley from earlier)?

I won't even touch the "iron launchings" (i'm not sure "launchings" is even proper English -- "launches" is definitely the common term).

Welcome back from California and thanks for the puzzle piece. Maybe the video confirms a change from the leaked layout, which could have been an Intamin proposal that was rejected for a 5,500 foot launcher. I still don't think this will be a B&M product, especially a launcher, and could be from Premier or any number of manufacturers. I"m still hoping for an Intamin tbh.

Are we sure that it's going to be a launched coaster?

I mean, it would be fun, but I'm hoping for a "traditional" roller coaster...

...and trains that have lap bars. Just sayin'.

Are we sure that it's going to be a launched coaster?

I mean, it would be fun, but I'm hoping for a "traditional" roller coaster...

...and trains that have lap bars. Just sayin'.

"Launchable iron"....well maybe that means it is maybe its not.

From gb980109 at Keystone Thrills: http://lamarcusbros.com/

Lots of stuff here. Lets start on the About Us page:

After 12 months, Jeff resigned and moved back to Pennsylvania where he developed the first "wind paver."
9/15/10 – Rocky LaMarcus appears on construction radio call-in show at WHPRK

8/2/10 – LaMarcus Brothers holds 12th annual rubber duckie regatta on Susquehanna River waterfront

Two references to the number 12, as well as HPRK (HersheyPaRK)

Services:

Exploratory Air Surveys – From 12 – 220 feet

Station height 12 ft, first drop 220 ft?

Ensuring a smooth high-air base with a specified slope is vital for the stability of mid-air projects. Improper high-air grading often leads to expensive aboveground drainage repair, rerouted supra-countouring, and faulty atmospheric slabjacking.

Smooth high-air base with a specified slope sounds like a megacoaster. Above-ground drainage repair and rerouting sounds like what they are working on in the creek.

A full atmospheric excavation ensures your project’s speedy progression through the often complicated permitting and government licensing process.

A reference to the leaked plans that came out of the permiting process?

Projects:

Storm Runner – In 2004, LaMarcus Brothers partnered with Intamin and Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company to build Storm Runner and maximize its vertical horsepower. Since its completion, the hydraulic-powered Storm Runner has become one of the most popular rides at Hersheypark.

Fahrenheit – In 2007, LaMarcus Brothers again partnered with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company to excavate the 121-foot airscape overhanging the proposed Fahrenheit vertical chain lift. After extensive high-air grading and atmospheric excavation, both completed on time and under budget, Fahrenheit anchored a record-breaking summer season at Hersheypark.

Kangaroo Bridge – In 2009, Jeffrey and Rocky LaMarcus temporarily relocated to New Zealand to design the above-ground foundation for the Kangaroo Bridge connecting the north and south islands. Construction is set to begin in early 2012.

Storm Runner and Farenheight are both Intamin. "Kangaroo Bridge" better not be the name of the new ride.

Safety:

This includes step-by-step instruction in our 5-point “Never-Fall” safety harnesses,

It doesn't sound good for those hoping for lap bars, although I guess an OTSR restraint (similar to that on i305) was a foregon conclusion given Intamin's recent history.

[censored].

Well... I decided to dissect this one just a little more. The only major things I found were both of the brothers graduating in 1990, the year B&M made their first coaster, and the year they made the "auto-hover dump truck" with MIT, 2005. That year was a boon for Intamin Rocket Coasters (Which seems to have been hinted at by RIT); five opened (Including Kingda Ka).

I also sent an Email through the company's website, considering that was a major step of the RIT website. I'll be sure to let you know if I get a response...

The 12 inversion coaster has been around for a while. I'm pretty sure that the 12s refer to the fact that this is Hersheypark's 12th coaster (their 11th coaster, Fahrenheit, was teased in a similar game that used as many 11s as possible).