TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights: Reflections of Fear

USH has updated their side of the HHN site. Have fun with Freddy... again.

What's the big deal? I'm glad the parks are running two separate events. Sure it is a little disappointing they didn't add anything completely new, but I appreciate the fact they are being responsible and ensuring the long term success of the event. An updated Nightmare on Elm Street Maze, a "plussed" Terror Tram, and a new scare zone are still baby steps in the continued growth of the event.

Universal payed for the license, the characters were extremely popular, and USH is trying to avoid the mistakes that killed their first run of HHN (high costs). Might as well get their monies worth out of the license and save a few dollars along the way.

I could understand it being a HUGE disappointment if USF tried to do the same thing two years in a row, but not USH...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, baby steps shouldn't be necessary. This is their third year since the reboot. USF was hauling out a new lineup of attractions every year from the very beginning. Sure, there were some repeats, but nothing this ridiculous. If you ask me, this isn't even a step forward at all.

Anyway...

Boris. the private investigator who has been following mary or "bloody mary" around. office at UO has just put a for rent sign up infront of it with this phone number

407 224 9132

It is VERY hard to understand... so here is what she says

"I know why you're calling, but you see, he's no longer with us anymore. I know other things too. I know where you are, I know who you are, and I know you'll be calling me again."

ENJOY!

Boris. the private investigator ....

ENJOY!

Was this in the e-mail up date or is it something I missed on the site? On the site the mirror is completely broken (not spiderwebed, blown out), the office looks much older and when you click the book now it goes forward in time from 1958 to 2008 now.

Boris sent out emails to the people who signed up...and on the street where vampire is he has an office...and tonight they put up a for rent sign out front with the number

vault members gathered up outside the kitty kat club...also in UO tonight because on hhns website theres a matchbox from there with 7:00 on it...people came out of the club. handed the vault members paranomal research papers and told them to head home for the big update.

There is a new cell phone on the front of the file on the site with a voicemail from Boris and another from a woman from a research team for paranormal activity. The woman's voicemail mentions 11:00 pm as the time when a "manefestation" will occur.

The page is up and everything is announced:

Houses (8):

Reflections of Fear (Bloody Mary)

Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare

Creatures

Interstellar Terror

Dead Exposure

Doomsday (tied in with the Universal Picture of the same name)

The Hallow

Body Collectors: Collections of the Past

Scarezones (6):

In a neat twist, it seems the scarezones are themed to extensions of the mazes that I assume would be nearby.

Asylum in Wonderland (Edit: Apparently Reflections of Fear and not Scary Tales as I first thought)

Fractured Tales (Scary Tales)

The Path of the Wicked (Scary Tales)

The Skoolhouse (The Hallow)

American Gothic (The Hallow)

Streets of Blood (Body Collectors)

Shows:

Rocky Horror

Brian Brushwood

Bill and Ted

Oh, and be warned for the startle scare on the home page. In my darkened room, scared the heck out of me. I knew it was coming too.

The Reflections of Fear section doesn't seem quite finished yet, but it's a cool concept. Similar to the Oz Viewer for the website of the Sci fi Miniseries Tin Man. It's basically one long interconnecting stretch of images that show how every scare zone and maze are interconnected into each other into different categories: Fears (Reflections of Fear and Asylum in Wonderland), Tales (Fractured Tales, Scary Tales, Path of the Wicked), Urban Legends (Creatures, The Skoolhouse, American Gothic), Nightmares (Dead Exposure, Interstellar Terror, Doomsday), and Myths (Body Collectors, Streets of Blood, The Hollow), which cycles around forever.

I guess I'm not as hardcore as I could have been, I threw in the towel at 10:30 last night and waited to check out the full website this morning.

That said, I viewed the final Journal update, and after the video on the cell phone plays there is a Legendary Truth report with the Mary drawing that stays on the screen for a few seconds. And nothing else.

But am I missing something? What happned to Boris? Did he have his appt. with Dr. Mary at 7 pm? What happened to this part of the storyline!?

Mike

The reflections of fear section worked itself out overnight and is even better, with extended descriptions of the mazes and concept art.

^ I have a feeling we haven't heard the end of that storyline, especially since in the last phone message/video thing they said she had an entire file on Boris, which was followed by "what does that mean?" Also, with the number in his window plus the cryptic message of which the number leads, I have a feeling this little part of the story is going to go on for a while now, possibly into the event itself.

BTW: I love your icon. Every little bit of respect Tough to be a Bug can get I appreciate.

Tough to be a bug rocks!!! but back on subject the new site rocks and I thought the announcement of text message games in the lines was an awesome idea, have to see what they really are though... I do have a few requests of other awesome members though...

If anyone can take a picture or scan a copy of that handout they gave out at 7 pm that would be nice, a link to another place with it would work.

I would really like to see it talk about the level 1/ level 2 stuff so I can understand more of the phone.

The rating scale is just a preface to give you some background of what levels they use. Then if you go listen to the cell phone messages on the website you hear them talk about level 2 and level 1. Without that paper you would be stuck trying to figure out what the levels mean.

It's interesting that Universal (producer of Wicked and probable studio to produce the film) has chosen to ignore that story for Path of the Wicked. Not that I mind, because a twisted Oz is always a fun oz, but I would have thought that they could use the sequels to Wizard of Oz (book) as inspiration, as those are far more in tune with the dark aspect of Oz. Still, everything looks wonderful.