TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Hey Friends!!

What a day at Cedar Point today!!

WOW!!!!!

19 HOURS AT THE PARK and I met a TON of Big Mike Readers and new friends!!!

Thanks to everyone for being so cool:

Ken

Kayla

Jeff

Deb

Bob

Sue

Rich

Craig

Gage

The whole Craig group

Scott

Scott's cousin

Cole

Heidi

Rob

Andy

Dillon

Andy's whole family

Vanessa

Pam

and Tony!!!

I sure hope I remembered everybody!!!!

I am sorry if I didn't.

Everyone made this one special day to remember!!!

Who would have known that a little thread like mine could form such a tight family of TPR readers Too awesome!!

I hope to have this trip report up before I leave on the TPR Mainland Europe Trip in 2 weeks.

Don't forget, your source for the TPR Mainland Europe Trip is right here on The Big Mike Road Show 2008!!!!

Little story on how I ended my night tonight at Cedar Point:

ERT on Maverick, past midnight, I am in the coaster waiting to go, but they are taking a train off the track ahead of us. We are waiting and waiting and the ride op is stalling for time playing games. Tony from Cedar Point (Marketing Manager) is taking pictures of things. Craig is waiting in the station and yells out loud "Come on, your holding up the Big Mike Road Show!" Tony turns around and asks "Where is Big Mike?" I raise my hand while still stapled into my seat and he comes over and takes a picture with me. I thought he was just joking around until he goes "I read your thread all the time and you won't find any hot bikini pictures up here!" LOL How cool is that? Then he wanted to know who checked off my shirt. LOL Cool job Tony and Craig.

Well I am off to bed, but just for the record, I had 4 complaints that I discontinued the hot bikini pictures today

Take care everybody and I hope everyone gets home safe!

Peace, Big Mike

Well after a great day today I am home safe and sound. I had a ton of fun today hanging out with you Mike and look forward to whenever the next time is. I also had fun hanging out with Ken and his daughter Kayla as well. Everyone and everything made for this to be one of the best days at an amusement park together.

-Jeff

Big Mike,

I'm glad you had such an awesome day at Coaster Mania!

I was pretty excited to head to CP today, but unfortunately today was my first day off of work in quite a while and I had WAY too many things to take care of.

I was super, super, super excited to make my debut on the Big Mike Road Show too, but obviously that didn't happen. oh well

That's pretty cool about the Tony thing. Maybe Big Mike will make an appearance in the OnPoint! Blog... which would be flippin sweet!

Keep up the awesome TR's!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip(s), cause there is no way I could get the time off of work, or afford to do what you're doing so I need to live through you, haha.

P.S. I miss the bikini pictures as well.

Glad you made it home safe Jeff!

^ The no bikini policy seems to be a VERY unpopular decision

True, it would be really cool to be in "On Point"

With all the fun I had with everyone, I actually forget to tell the readers that I did ride coaster #600 yesterday too, which was Maverick!! What a fantastic coaster!!! Cedar Point was cool enough to add ERT on it at night as well as in the morning!!

As always, its all about TPR family and friends before personal coaster achievements

Time to try and go get Tuscora's coaster and Fun Fore All's coaster!

Tuscora has a 200 pound weight limit, so unless I shed 36 pounds in the next 2 hours or do a good job begging and pleading, it may be a useless trip there! But as always, I can bring the Big Mike Readers a look at the park!

Have a great day!

Peace, Big Mike

Hi Big Mike!!!

Nice to finally meet you yesterday!!! (This is Pam, you took a picture with me at the Maverick exit)

I saw you at Dorney last week, but you were so busy I didn't get a chance to say hi!!! (too many adoring Big Mike fans!!! LOL!!!)

This was the first time me or anyone in my group went to Coastermania. The park really went above and beyond giving all attendees a free hoodie, the cup with free refills all day, and the free taffy and candy apples at lunch!!! I never expected all this in addition to the ERT.

Just a wonderful day overall!!!

Hey Mike, Kayla and I just got back to Columbus. Had fun hanging with you and Jeff yesterday and being on #600 with you. Kayla really enojoyed riding Magnum with you. I agree with what Jeff said, was the best day at Cedar Point.

Oh, if I would have had the camera yesterday.... bikini pictures would have been back. CP really did Coastermania very well. Cool Coastermania hoodie, free drinks all day....extra Maverick ERT.

Of course the only down side was the heat.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hope to see you next June at Coastermania 2009.

Glad to see you made it home safe Pam and Ken!

I got in at 2am after a long day of pit stops on the way home.

I will answer the questions and get caught up on trip reports later tonight!

Ran into Sue and Rich AGAIN yesterday, as they break the tie with Craig and Gage as the people I have met the most now with 4 times

Also met Brian and Erin yesterday too!

Pictures to come everybody!

Peace, Big Mike

Hi all my good Friends!!!

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 continued it's swing through Canada with a stop at Centreville!

Centreville is on an island near Toronto, and you can only get there by ferry boat!!

This was a cool stop on the Road Show

I hope you enjoy everybody!

Peace, Big Mike

3248.JPG.417be9fe47bf31adb9776335997262fb.JPG

After the previous night's hotel stay was swarmed with hot babe Big Mike Road Show groupies, I had to rent out the whole wing of this hotel. I needed my rest for Waldameer and the Ravine Flyer 3, coming next! Peace, Big Mike

3245.JPG.9f77eb3361472259601f6c2dbd58d7e9.JPG

After about an hour of coverage, I gave the thumbs up to the tv cameras and said goodbye.

3247.JPG.1a6606e8fe245c1f2ef4833ce99f48b0.JPG

I left the island, made it back to the States, and like most of the big sporting events and high profile spectaculars, the blimp was covering The Big Mike Road Show 2008!

3242.JPG.e5a3d21a730b71ef6eab9da3dca9dd66.JPG

Ahhhhh! Where's my mommy?!?!

3243.JPG.2621b836ce1b99a754ed2b425932c706.JPG

I got on anyway, thinking I am tough and not a little scardy girl like Nicole was back then.

3240.JPG.a4e652aae5571884a47a1d09ab8780e5.JPG

I was a little hesitant to get in the car as Nicole told me this scared the crap out of her when she was little.

3239.JPG.0845ee100178052237f216fb45d986fc.JPG

Nicole also told me to try out Haunted Barrel Works before I left.

3238.JPG.18f9327b82072f29684bbc5101ad6c02.JPG

Lots of cool little kids rides.

3223.JPG.8c290768bf683bb02dbe46efe50e5182.JPG

Other rides on the island.

3236.JPG.da122f1e1b679642085f89cb7c63172c.JPG

Nicole told me to search for the bunny farm. Bunnies used to run free all over the island at one time I was told by a guide. The guide brought me over to this display and said that this is what is left of the bunny farm!

3235.JPG.6ad31ac785af9078db49f21fd0ff41d4.JPG

One of the benefits to the park being on an island, ducks!!!

3231.JPG.ddef98eddafb34d6af668e1635cfeabc.JPG

Credit #595 for Big Mike!

3232.JPG.41f39b6c2635d03928a398b83e964751.JPG

Ah, the island breezes blowing through my hair.

3228.JPG.15ff3ee58c635ddf7a835117edcf189c.JPG

I am ready to tame this monster.

3227.JPG.34d7dfb2725596c5a1ff072679e38de9.JPG

Here he is, the Toronto Island Monster. I think he has a twin back in the states too.

3226.JPG.a95e4b0b8d0623ee99131101ab8c0cc2.JPG

Now I don't feel that silly with that big dude on the coaster already.

3225.JPG.816cdff92d6e9b7daa1f5051eff06ad2.JPG

The Toronto Island Monster!

3222.JPG.26b02bdc74a35161706704a83b2025d6.JPG

Big Mike loads up on tickets.

3237.JPG.9b908629ad2b338ce9e100a84d099155.JPG

A list of all the rides and the prices.

3220.JPG.7d13ddb525031a4ce840dc6da3387404.JPG

Here is a map with all there is to do.

3221.JPG.4e0e0c3fdcb0b57b8cefd52ddf789d3b.JPG

Centreville Amusement Park!

3244.JPG.65a738607e607e2f947babcca9b0ce03.JPG

This is how far you are away from Toronto.

3219.JPG.328df28a3aafd826a0951f8d89c1b543.JPG

The Big Mike Road Show arrives at Centre Island.

3218.JPG.1df9ca1d0efc8f62835ffc3c931f0330.JPG

Landfall is straight ahead.

3212.JPG.25e55dcd9331925a90091513cee70f07.JPG

Just in case you wanted to see Toronto without Big Mike's face taking up the whole picture.

3211.JPG.2c8ac85d006edabae3675bb6ddd2ea28.JPG

Big Mike enjoying the relaxing boat trip.

3215.JPG.fc010a20abdd3ce98c46d02a5d9205b2.JPG

These ferry boats transfer people from downtown Toronto to the island where the amusement park is.

3203.JPG.5ebd48a5eacf41d37e322672e77658a1.JPG

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 adds another type of transortation to travel in to reach amusement parks.

Hey Big Mike, cool that you and Jeff are in the pic on the blog. Kinda wish that we had not left when we did, but we still had a full day a Coastermania. Did you just stay at Maverick for the entire ERT?

Jeff - I forgot to thank you for making your "first ever post on TPR" in The Big Mike Road Show thread!!!

I love when that happens, and it has happened quite a few times already.

That makes me happy. I kinda feel like a radio station discovering a new and rising star that is going to explode soon

Congrats Jeff for making the blog too!!

Ken - We also rode Gemini again, and then hit Top Thrill Dragster! That was a long day together, but I could always use extra rides with Ken and Kayla!

Brian - Thanks for the congrats! You have been a cool dude this whole thread. I hope to meet up with you soon!

Tony - Thanks again, that was very awesome of you to do. You have cemented your place on Big Mike's Cool List! I look forward to having more time to spend with you and treating you to lunch someday.

If there is one thing that you can count on with Big Mike everybody, it is Big Mike always remembers who treated him well and who took the time to be friendly! The kindness will always be repaid somewhere down the road!!! Once a friend, always a friend

Will try to get another update up tonight everybody!

Peace, Big Mike

Jeff - If I didn't count powered coasters, how would I ever catch up to you?

Rich - If I didn't count relocated coasters, how would I ever... um... I'd still be way ahead of you

I could be even farther ahead on my coaster count if I used the Cool Rich method of coaster counting, so I am not fully LAME!

Peace, Big Mike

Hey Big Mike! I've been following you thread for a while but this is the first time I have actually posted. I was looking at OnPoint and I noticed you on there. I was like WTF! I thought I would post it here but I guess I'm to late. You just keep getting better and better! Keep em commin!

Do we have two Jeffs in here who post now? I think everybody can have their own opinion of what to count as a coaster.

Big Mike - I noticed you have made reference to the WWE a couple times in your trip reports. Do you watch it regularly?