TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb, Elissa, & Kristen's Epic Holiday Adventure

SharkTums

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite liked Floorless Sheikra. Not a new credit by any means, but adds some fun to the ride (I rode in the front row), but that's my very humble opinion.

Scorpion was my first looping coaster, and also for all my brothers (even the youngest, who would ride whatever he was tall enough to get on at the time)

Spaceship Earth had some good and bad changes, though they need to change that "sculpture" back to the way it was before!

I think the floorless gimmick works better on Griffon, especially if you sit on the outside (then again, it was actually designed for it). It's a pretty strange sensation floating over the stairs as you cruise up the lifthill.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I actually do like the floorless concept better than the old trains. I think it makes a bit of a difference....well maybe only in the front row. Maybe it is because heights always make me a little nervous and that you even get a better view as you are hanging for a few seconds before the drop.

A free lunch from Chuck next time I visit the Burg > no free lunch in Tampa!

Plus, somehow I missed a credit in Virginia Beach last year???

Was this coaster there last year Chuck???

I cant see me being THAT stupid as to having rode the whole Virginia Beach boardwalk on bikes and missing a coaster??

Peace, Big Mike

^Hmm--the only coaster I know of in Virginia Beach is a kiddie coaster at Motor World: http://rcdb.com/pd251.htm. There isn't a coaster on the Atlantic Avenue "Resort Strip," although there is a rundown old park across the street from the beach (which had a log ride, but no credits).

Motor World isn't on the beachfront, so it would be pretty easy to miss.

Yep, thats the one Chuck, somehow I was not prepared when I went to Virginia Beach and completely missed it.

I usually have every coaster within a couple states that I need, and I miss one in the same town???

Thats what happens when you bring a woman with you, messes up the priorities like meeting your friend chuck and riding coasters

Been on that one yet Chuck?

Guy- You know me well.

Peace, Big Mike

^Can't say as I have, Mike. That park used to have a few other credits, but the kiddie coaster is the only one left (in fact, I'm suprised it's still there).

Perhaps we can tackle it together.

^ Lol! Their first (Iron Wolf) is only older than me by about three weeks.

I really hope that this ends up being KidTums’ first upside down roller coaster…just like it was mine! It’s really good, smooth, lap bar only. We need more of these!

I couldn't agree more. My only "loopers-with lap-bars-only" are 2 Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops (one of them gone forever). It's really too bad that Revolution couldn't go back to it's glory days without the OTSRs. And you're lucky your first upside down coaster was a good one like this. Mine beat the crap out of me. It's surprising I still ride roller coasters after that.

I really hope to get a chance to visit these parks in Florida sometime. My friend who lives down in the south says Florida is amazing!

Dave I must say that Wegmans is the best grocery store I have been to. I went there for the first time in New Jersey last summer and it blew my mind. I just wish there was a Wegmans here in CT. Publix is cool too...

Best grocery store EVER is Jungle Jims in Cincinnati/Fairfield Ohio. Most awesome selection of hot sauces anywhere. AND they have an old Kings Island safari monorail train. If you ever go to Kings Island, it is a short trip from there. It is a fun place to go.

Great TR.