TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

First, a Disneyland park favorite is about to get even better as new effects are being added to Matterhorn Bobsleds. Just wait until you see the Abominable Snowman in ways you’ve never seen him before when the attraction reopens in May!

Does this mean a strobe light, soon?

(Kidding.)

The Disney Parks blog has some cool info on the new In Park preview!

It’s Almost Time for an Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ – Only in Disney Parks!

posted on April 10th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

You wanted to see “Tomorrowland.” Here it comes!

Our sneak peek of the new Disney movie begins Friday, April 17, at Disneyland park. Head over to the Tomorrowland Theater for an exclusive look at scenes from the film, complete with special in-theater effects. And you can continue your “Tomorrowland” experience by exploring an all-new exhibit in the Starcade, featuring original props and production artwork.

NTI66946952.jpg.51619c960b09e2d1969a1824a3c71ef1.jpg

For those of you visiting Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you can catch this Disney Parks-exclusive preview of “Tomorrowland” at Epcot, where the sneak peek begins its special engagement at the Imagination Pavilion in Future World on Saturday, April 18, and continues through May 24. At Epcot, you’ll also get a close-up look at one of the jet packs used in the film, along with a display of conceptual art and photos from the set.

NTI8704333.jpg.79c576c20f02e3aee1185a773aa8e865.jpgNTI8704333

In Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. Directed by two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird, “Tomorrowland” stars Academy Award® winner George Clooney as scientist and former boy-genius Frank Walker and Britt Robertson as Casey Newton. Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.

Here’s a look at the latest trailer for “Tomorrowland,” opening in theaters on May 22, 2015.

The Park Blog seems to be on a roll today, here's another article about the Hat Box Ghost.

Legendary Hatbox Ghost Comes Out to Socialize in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park in May

posted on April 10th, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

You may remember our chilling challenge from a few months ago, in which we asked you to guess which spooky specter was preparing to materialize inside the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park. Today, I’m excited to tell you that many of you were correct! The Hatbox Ghost is reappearing in May. Here’s a sneak peek!

HBG462015.jpg.f4c61362d638f8f306178e6f59316cee.jpg

The Hatbox Ghost appeared in the Haunted Mansion for a short time around the opening of this classic attraction in 1969. Although brief, his presence sparked a decades-long following, and this reclusive resident of the Haunted Mansion was never forgotten. We’re excited that he will soon materialize once again!

Hey, those new AAs in the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride are great! Map away!

This is just my personal opinion, but I think using projection mapping for AA faces is kind of cheating. I'm not quite as wowed when I see a projected face vs. an entirely mechanical AA. Doesn't mean the final product still won't look great (I agree about the Seven Dwarves AA's)---it just doesn't WOW me as much.

To me it's essentially like CGI in movies...sure it looks great, but it still can't quite match practical effects. I'm assuming the hatbox ghost might use this technology as well?

Just saw somethingon the news about a "top secret" package being delivered into disneyland last night. Any ideas what it is?

Perhaps something to do with Tomorrowland (Movie)? I remember there was a bunch of secrecy surrounding the movie when it was first announced, along with when it was filmed.

Just saw somethingon the news about a "top secret" package being delivered into disneyland last night. Any ideas what it is?

It was Neil Patrick Harris in a box.

Maybe it was Walt Disney's freeze-dried remains--just add water.

Any way you can find and post the video of the news cast?

EDIT: Found it. Its definitely a unit for Paint the Night, but its really hard to tell which one.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

PIC.thumb.jpg.bf4712d452033cb353a64e5be62fc81e.jpg

disneypaintthenightmickeyfriendsfinaleunit.jpg.3a3dfe631560b36ad54afc7ed888e4a3.jpg

Could it be Mickey's unit and needs to be assembled?

Any way you can find and post the video of the news cast?

EDIT: Found it. Its definitely a unit for Paint the Night, but its really hard to tell which one.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[attachment=1]PIC.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]disneypaintthenightmickeyfriendsfinaleunit.jpg[/attachment]

Could it be Mickey's unit and needs to be assembled?

That's what it looks like to me.

The Disney Parks Blog has an announcement about a new giveaway at the Disneyland resort for the 60th celebration! Take a look:

Disneyland Diamond Days Sweepstakes to Give Away Dazzling Prizes During Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

posted on April 14th, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Imagine winning a Disney Diamond or a Cinderella glass slipper, or enjoying a private excursion and dinner in Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park. Those are a few of the exciting prizes that will be awarded to some lucky guests during the Disneyland Diamond Days sweepstakes, part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration that begins May 22, 2015.

Disneyland Diamond Days is an exciting sweepstakes in which daily prizes are awarded to some visitors, on the day they are visiting, as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences, and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes.

diadia736871.thumb.jpg.a747a35256b86bdb0849c841b0d8f8d1.jpgdiadia764882.thumb.jpg.ba6e4fbd29471d46f3130cc85647eb6e.jpg

In addition to the daily prizes, Disneyland Diamond Days will offer guests a weekly opportunity to win exceptional Disneyland Resort prizes and experiences. Appropriately, the most exciting prizes are authentic diamonds, custom-engraved for Disney! One and two-carat Disney Diamonds will be awarded throughout the celebration, and the one-carat Disney Diamonds will even be paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite. Other weekly prizes include a clear, crystal Cinderella slipper adorned with a diamond-and-topaz pendant, and unique experiences that only Disneyland can offer, such as a private party in Fantasyland, a romantic cruise aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat, or a tailgate party in Cars Land. The available prize will vary each week.

Full official rules will be available at Disneyland.com/DiamondDays on May 22, 2015.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C., Mexico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age of majority as of date of entry. Specific prizes to be awarded in the weekly sweepstakes will be announced online at Disneyland.com/DiamondDays the preceding week. Sponsor: Disney Memories, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, U.S.A.

Here comes more! Disney Parks Blog

Mickey Mouse and Friends to Wear Sparkling New Ensembles for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

posted on April 14th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

We’ve already shared some of the sparkling new decor, entertainment and merchandise coming for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration beginning May 22. Today, I’m excited to tell you that some of our biggest stars will also sparkle for the celebration!

dlrout293847.jpg.74c7028dd7c725dbee9baef11712824e.jpg

Disneyland park guests will have the chance to see Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Chip and Dale in these dazzling new duds in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., throughout the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. We’ll have more about the celebration to share with you soon, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60!

Also, on a separate note, here is a link to more detailed giveaway info Clicky!