TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I was at the park yesterday for my first visit. I'll have a trip report later. What I wanted to pop in and say was that Innoventions had a portion showing off various Iron Man suits. At the exit, people were surveying visitors to Innoventions as to what they would think of a full Iron Man attraction. Stark Expo, anyone?

There have been so many rumors, ideas, and survey takes for a whole slew of ideas and different properties to use lately. Its all so convoluted we really wont know anything till they announce it.

But what ever they decide to build, I just hope its not a re-hash of Innoventions just with Iron Man Tech. That's just the same attraction that's there now with a new theme, I really hope they make different use of the area.

But what ever they decide to build, I just hope its not a re-hash of Innoventions just with Iron Man Tech. That's just the same attraction that's there now with a new theme, I really hope they make different use of the area.

Totally agree. I never visit it at all, even when I'm there for a few days and run out of things to do.

That building could definitely accommodate a nice ride AND it's queue...

Hopefully they tear it down and start with a new building that uses its interior space more effectively.

I'm guessing they'll keep the walls and nothing else. "Modifying an existing structure" is a A LOT cheaper than starting from scratch.

That building could definitely accommodate a nice ride AND it's queue...

Hopefully they tear it down and start with a new building that uses its interior space more effectively.

I'm guessing they'll keep the walls and nothing else. "Modifying an existing structure" is a A LOT cheaper than starting from scratch.

I know its cheaper, but if the current shape doesn't suit the new attractions needs, then they'll change it.

Random thought: For construction purposes, if you leave an existing wall on a building, you get to abide by the codes that the wall was constructed with. So, with the Innoventions building being round...I wonder how much they'd have to leave to use that loop-hole. Meaning, if the current shape doesn't work for a new ride, they could just demo/add whats needed, lol.

Random thought: For construction purposes, if you leave an existing wall on a building, you get to abide by the codes that the wall was constructed with. So, with the Innoventions building being round...I wonder how much they'd have to leave to use that loop-hole. Meaning, if the current shape doesn't work for a new ride, they could just demo/add whats needed, lol.

I know that's what Uni did for Transformers and probably what Disney will do for the rumored Monsters Inc. Door Coaster.

Isn't there another piece of the building behind the round structure that isn't round? Couldn't they build off of that?

Spent two days at both parks over this past week and had an awesome time. I had never been to Disneyland before this, and had last visited DW about 16 years ago, so I was essentially going into new park territory. I must say, I was absolutely blown away with everything, from the rides to the operations to the extreme detail put into everything. Bravo, Disney!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure there are any of a number of voice actors who could've done a better job--why did they use Neil Patrick Harris? (I have nothing against the guy personally, but he just seems an odd choice.)

I'm sure there are any of a number of voice actors who could've done a better job--why did they use Neil Patrick Harris? (I have nothing against the guy personally, but he just seems an odd choice.)

I don't know why for this attraction. But I do know that he has been doing a lot of voices around the park for a few years.

We also have to remember that this is likely a work in progress. Its a projection and audio track, so its simple to alter if needed. Its could also be a quick place filler, or it could be the final product. But they can and will tweak the scene till it fits what they want. I cant wait to see what other new stuff they put into the ride, as there are more thing expected to happen! I hope they put in a smoke ring totem!!!