TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 2005 Travel Plans - Where are you going?

Ok things have changed:

April 28-May 1:

- Lake Winnie, Dollywood, Paramount's Carowinds, Heritage USA, NASCAR SpeedPark, Ober Gatinlinburg, Six Flags Over Georgia

Middle of May:

- Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, Bell's

Memorial Day Weekend:

- Schillterbahn (maybe)

June 2-5:

- Holiday World, SFKK, PKI, Cedar Point (CoasterMania), Geauga Lake, Kennywood, Indiana Beach)

July 24-28:

- Vegas

July 29-31:

- Lagoon, S&S Power (Preservation Con)

August ??:

- SFGAdv, Dorney, Hersheypark, Clementon, Knoebel's

September ??:

- BGT, IOA/USF

October ??:

- KBF, DL/DCA, USH

whew .. busy busy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia, Mexico, Pennsylvania, Southern California, and SFKK

Let me know when your trip to Australia is and I will see if we can organise a meet at one of the parks if you are heading that way.

As far as trips this year go, only to the local parks within the next month. That's Warner Brothers Movie World, Seaworld, Dreamworld and Wet'n'Wild Water World.

Still have the trip to the USA planned for 2007 so apart from that, it is only waiting for the construction of the Superman coaster to start at Movie World. Bring it on!!!

Mem wknd - Beech Bend/Holiday World...staying at Lake Rudolph campground, in one of those rental rv's...has anyone done this...any advice?

June/July - Only allowing myself one true summer trip, about 3 or 4 days...cash is tight, getting out of debt this year...so, i need to make it good...considering about 3 different itineraries, can only take one:

Coastermania/CoasterEXT - haven't been to either park since 2000, and I call myself an enthusiast...negative is that I've been to both.

Knoebels/Dorney/small park, maybe Clementon or NJ shore...Knoebels ranks #1 on my wish list and I love waterparks, so I'm sorta leaning towards this option...negative...can't think of a negative...would be first time to all parks.

Chicago area - negative is that I went to Chi last year but was only able to spend 4 hours at SFGam, wife got sick...could also hit up the Dells area and possibly a Cubs game...probably the most expensive option

Sept - Orlando...won a weeks stay at the Pop Resort and tix..plan to hit up WDW, Epcot, MGM and Typhoon Lagoon.

Nov - 5 night cruise...no coasters

Daytrips to Dollywood, Lake Winnie and Wild Adventures

Any thoughts?

Sean

^My vote is for Knoebels/Dorney/Jersey Shore.

Dorney has one of the best non-Disney waterparks in the country, and you can't go wrong with Knoebels. Plus the Jersey shore is just 'fun'!

Elissa "they have a cool looking waterpark next to the SLC too!" Alvey

Florida for two weeks as of next wednesday.

California in August/September time to visit relatives and to go to Magic mOuntain and Knotts for the first time since 1997, and we also want to go to Cedar Point at some stage too.

UK wise, Blackpool (first time ever) May 20th for the weekend, then hopefully trips to Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Thorpe Park and Chessington.

And my local park (Dreamland, in Margate, Kent, UK) is opening in a few weeks, and at the moment they are giving the Scenic Railway some TLC and adding in about 12 new thrill rides for the season, so that should get some regular visits.