TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Coaster For Tivoli Friheden in 2008

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ride Tek the replacement to Zamperla or Pinfari? This is a great starter coaster, and hopefully this new company is a success. Let's just hope this company makes smooth coasters and doesn't turn into the new Vekoma.(since Vekoma seems to make good rides now)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ride Tek the replacement to Zamperla or Pinfari? This is a great starter coaster, and hopefully this new company is a success. Let's just hope this company makes smooth coasters and doesn't turn into the new Vekoma.(since Vekoma seems to make good rides now)

That's exactly the same I was thinking. It looks like any small or large park would be able to afford this coaster. And for it's compact design with inversions, speed, turns, and being an invert....it could be very popular.

If this coaster is going to be build, it'll be a HUGE investment and coaster for the park.

The park it self is really small and some years ago, they had some financial problems. So this coaster will be a great addition, and I think it'll attract much more guests..

We need new coasters in Denmark, so I really hope this one will be build.

It's now 100% sure - Tivoli Friheden will build the Energizer model for the 2008 season.

http://friheden.dk/forlystelser/familie/cobra/

I'll try to translate as good as I can:

When Tivoli Friheden opens April the 12th 2008, it'll be with the premier of the biggest investment ever, which is one of the biggest single venture, which up to now has been presented in a Danish theme park.

"Cobra" is the name of the new rollercoaster, which is being transported up to a high of almost 25 meters and from here it tears around in every corner of the world, before it returns to the stations after approx. 100 sec.

The coaster itself has 3 inversions and a G-action of 4,5G's. The max. speed is just under 70km/h and the total coaster length is 400 meters.

Manage director Henrik Ragborg Olesen is looking forward to riding the very first ride: " We have needed a bigger ride, which appeals the big children and youngsters - and it's just what we are getting with Cobra", the manage director says.

The new coaster is a suspended coaster, where you sits under the track - a unique experience!

I hope you could understand it

• 8 months later...

^ The trains looks like the one used on the Pinfari Inverts (the people from Ride Tek are ex Pinfari, etc. workers) and they are among the comfiest trains I have ever experienced. You sit in a padded racing seat, with a great sculpted restrain, like this: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1482.htm?picture=27

They are way better then the restrains found on the old Vekoma SLC trains.

Can't wait to ride this sucker in a few weeks.

I visited Friheden last Saturday; sadly I didn't have to opportunity to bring a camera In addition to that, Cobra had not opened, which was even more worse

Well; the only thing I could do, since Cobra wasn't open, was to just look at it, and WOW - it looked much better than I'd expected.

The train(s) are just awesome with a snake face in the front and a little tail in the end.

The track itself though, was the biggest surprise! Somehow I imagined a coaster which looked like something made out of matchsticks, but it didn't look like that at all; in fact it looked more like a Schwarzkopf track turned upside down. And the best thing was that it seemed pretty smooth!

Now I can't wait to ride it..

The videos on the Ride Tek site are pretty bad; they seemed somewhat unprofessional to me, especially with the weird and somewhat explicit music playing in them. I mean, it's not like they have to be that quality or anything, but they just don't make the products look as attractive as they could.

Anyway though, I really want to see some shots of this coaster in action. The way it sounds, these could really gain a foothold if this one turns out well.