TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Inverted B&m coaster question

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pretty much because fo feet clearneces the transtition into a drop like like SROS would have to be very long and drawnout. Also comfort, I can't speak since i've only ridden one invert but i'm pretty sure a twisting drop on an invert is more comfortable than a straight one (especially on the crotch).

Maybe cause for be an inverted coaster it takes harder to get and step angle staright for the seats(I mean they will hit each other). Taht's why I think (IMO) that the intamin launch inverteds can do a 90º drop cause they started from down just like an "U" and not from the top to down like an I don't know the firts middle of a P.

I don't see why feet hitting the cars would be a problem since that could only happen going from the lift hill into the drop, and aside from the Dive Machines, B&M doesn't have too many other coasters where the crest of the drop is that sharp.

I see the twisting drops being more of a design necessity to give the ride a smaller footprint. If for example Batman didn't have a twisting drop, the ride would take up a lot more space than it does. Most of the inverts I've seen are right in the corner or edge of the property, so it would almost be a necessity for it to fit. Also, why waste the space you could use for future expansion if you don't have to?

The drop off the MCBR on Katun is straight.

I think one of the reasons, as well as space, is to make the passengers feel more exposed. With a twisting drop, the track just seems to dissappear as you go over the top of the lifthill, and you get a great view of the rest of the park. With a straight drop, you would only see the track in front of you while cresting the top of the lift.

Most of it has to do with the articulation of the cars that make up the train. A completely straight drop off-the-lift for an inverted coaster would require a very large pullout on the bottom but most importantly at the top as to not risk bodily injury to riders (I'm talking about the legs).

Though Katun does have a straight first drop for the most part, it still has a bank to it at the top that allows it to safely enter the straight section of drop track. If you look at Raptor and Orochi, most of the first half of the drop is banked off to the left or right before straightening out towards the bottom.

And other reasons such as decreased visibility during the descent as well as requiring much more room to accomodate the wider pull-outs. Banking drops by design, are always and can be built steeper than a straight drop-off on any closed-circuit inverted coaster.

That's what I'm talking about But you explain it so much better

Maybe cause for be an inverted coaster it takes harder to get and step angle staright for the seats(I mean they will hit each other). Taht's why I think (IMO) that the intamin launch inverteds can do a 90º drop cause they started from down just like an "U" and not from the top to down like an I don't know the firts middle of a P.

^ Theories... =\ Are all bullcrap. Sorry

It IS because of your legs. In any inverted ride when you go over the top ofthe lift the cars because closer together. And it's the same when you go down a drop and if people have their feet up on the car infront as you down the drop BAMN shattered leg.

Legs are why all the Vekoma Giant Boomerangs have MILLIONS of warnings about putting your feet up on the car infront.