TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I know most of you on the board know my feelings on the 'newer' B&M's, but I REALLY hope something special gets announced tomorrow. If this is seriously just another B&M hyper with some extra feet and the old hyper trains...blah...

I have to agree with you here - I don't know what sort of "Kinzel-approved" record-breaking a regular old B&M mega coaster would bring - the only two I could see happening would be fastest coaster speed under gravity or longest coaster. Anything else would have to be country-specific, like "tallest coaster in Canada" or something.

With all the hype the park's put into this ride

Dude, the park has actually put like ZERO hype into the ride. The hype has been created by all of you. (meaning us)

........? The park has been putting quotes on their website like "this is the one I have been waiting for" and "I'f I can only ride one thing in 2012, it's this one" to make hype.

If this ends up being a 300+ foot B&M mega-twister, with tunnels, overbanked turns, and a water element or something, then I can see it competing with Behemoth and having a place in the park. That's like a park that has an out-and-back woodie, and a twister.

But even still, I think it's "odd" to be building such a similar to ride to not only the coaster they put up four years ago, but also their *last* coaster.

Dude, the park has actually put like ZERO hype into the ride. The hype has been created by all of you. (meaning us)

........? The park has been putting quotes on their website like "this is the one I have been waiting for" and "I'f I can only ride one thing in 2012, it's this one" to make hype.

Please don't be obnoxious and try to correct me. You know god damn well what I mean. RIT is putting tons of hype into a coaster. Throwing a few quotes on a website, not at all. Don't be a cocky cock. Dick.

Edited by robbalvey

This doesn't really have anything to do with the stats of the coaster but for some reason I got this thought about it! Everyone keeps questioning what will happen to "Dragon Fire". In my opinion since the new coaster "Leviathan" is a water-dragon themed coaster, I'm thinking that they may somehow incorporate "Dragon Fire" into it's theme... Two battling dragons anyone?

I for one am very excited. Even if this ends up just being a bigger Behemoth, as odd as that would be, I am not going to complain. CP has Magnum and MF....although MF is slightly more twisty they really aren't all THAT different in terms of style/layout. I know there was longer gap between those 2 when compared to this, but to me, I am looking forward to 7am tomorrow and even with the leaks do not feel i'll be disappointed.

Not here to flame at all, I think you know me enough Elissa But don't you think a ride manufacturer also builds a ride like the customer wants it ? You know how "Khan" fanboy I am (but it's the only B&M in my top 5steel, the other 4 being Intamin / Schwarzkopf ) so, maybe if a park wanted a badass intense coaster, maybe B&M would build it (old style) too ? I admit, elissa: I'm trying to convince myself too, with the alledged tallest hyper at Port Aventura in 2012. I'd like it to be at the same thrill level as Khan, Baco, Hurrakan...

I know most of you on the board know my feelings on the 'newer' B&M's, but I REALLY hope something special gets announced tomorrow. If this is seriously just another B&M hyper with some extra feet and the old hyper trains...blah...

Being a sea monster and all, I didn't think a Leviathan would have feet, nevermind a few extra.

Yeah that quote was also by Paul Ruben, so if this coaster is the one he's been waiting for it's probably a remake of the Kennywood Racer

Not here to flame at all, I think you know me enough Elissa But don't you think a ride manufacturer also builds a ride like the customer wants it ? You know how "Khan" fanboy I am (but it's the only B&M in my top 5steel, the other 4 being Intamin / Schwarzkopf ) so, maybe if a park wanted a badass intense coaster, maybe B&M would build it (old style) too ? I admit, elissa: I'm trying to convince myself too, with the alledged tallest hyper at Port Aventura in 2012. I'd like it to be at the same thrill level as Khan, Baco, Hurrakan...

^ Parks also shift rides around a lot. How do we know this ride wasn't meant to go to a park, like Knott's for example, that doesn't have a ride like Behemoth, but for whatever reason at last minute, they had to shift what park the ride was going to.

Just throwing that idea out there...

I for one am very excited. Even if this ends up just being a bigger Behemoth, as odd as that would be, I am not going to complain. CP has Magnum and MF....although MF is slightly more twisty they really aren't all THAT different in terms of style/layout. I know there was longer gap between those 2 when compared to this, but to me, I am looking forward to 7am tomorrow and even with the leaks do not feel i'll be disappointed.

Really? Millennium Force and Magnum are nothing alike... Have you ever ridden either?

I mean, Cedar Point has built 4 Intamin Rollercoasters in a row... there's nothing wrong with that part. But I really do hope that this coaster is not just a bigger Behemoth. I don't even know if making it more of a twister is really going to change my thoughts. This really has to be something different from BM to get away from Behemoth. If it is 350 feet... I don't really care what the layout is, I'm sure it will be badass, but I do hope for something unique.

LOL. People on CWMania are posting about this picture.

It's clearly an image that was taken in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and filtered in photoshop... Just look how "block like" those curves are on the track.

FAKE!

Yeah, that's a TERRIBLE image! Why would anyone think that is real?

Erm...looks like the only difference between Leviathan and Behemoth is Behemoth is out and back and Leviathan is a twister. Well at least we know it's not exactly the same. I mean seeing as Leviathan is going to be so much bigger than Behemoth I mean obviously it'll have more trims. Hehehe...ohhhh wait-

Trains are the same, Lap Bars (Probably no inversions). Erm Overbanked curves For The Win though(?)

Edited by Schotcher

I PROMISE (lots of wirtnesses here) that if this ride is a Dragon Khan killer (at least on paper), I'll fly over there to see if the Swiss duo has finally been able to put Khan out of His Throne (in my realm). Seems are not that popular among "hardcore enthusiasts". I might be the exception. I'd love to see an INTENSE multilooper like Kumba etc... not a Medusa-like forceless floorless

LOL. People on CWMania are posting about this picture.

It's clearly an image that was taken in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and filtered in photoshop... Just look how "block like" those curves are on the track.

FAKE!

Yeah, that's a TERRIBLE image! Why would anyone think that is real?

Apparently someone got it in a "random email" ... You know the people here at TPR sure aren't as "noobish" as those CWMania people are! What's even worse too is that it's their home park and they are discussing random garbage.

Really? Millennium Force and Magnum are nothing alike... Have you ever ridden either?

Really? Have YOU ridden either of them? You must not have, because Magnum and MF are actually quite a bit alike. They both have straight drops, both have a kind of "pretzel-ish" turn around, and both have some airtime hills. And they both broke similar height records.

The one big difference with those two rides and the CW rides is that between Magnum and MF, Cedar Point built three VERY DIFFERENT RIDES (Mean Streak, Raptor, and Mantis) to help ease the blow of those rides being similar.

I put money on it that we would have been having the EXACT same type of conversation had Cedar Point built Millennium Force in 1994.

Edited by robbalvey

Apparently someone got it in a "random email" ... You know the people here at TPR sure aren't as "noobish" as those CWMania people are! What's even worse too is that it's their home park and they are discussing random garbage.

It's not our fault we are pros!

If this ride really is mind blowing, Canada's Wonderland could be looking at a big year with how much traffic this is causing. If not a lot of people will be reaallllyyyy annoyed they spent their wednesday night glued to their monitors

Edited by Hayzle

^ Parks also shift rides around a lot. How do we know this ride wasn't meant to go to a park, like Knott's for example, that doesn't have a ride like Behemoth, but for whatever reason at last minute, they had to shift what park the ride was going to.

Just throwing that idea out there...

I don't know how long CW has been teasing this, but it does feel like this whole project did just kind of show up out no nowhere recently. I really don't remember that many rumors about CW getting a new coaster, then within a couple of weeks we had marker stakes and land clearing and track on site and now an announcement. Does seem a bit odd, and I do remember reading several rumors about Knotts getting a gigga coaster in the near future. So maybe that is what happened.....

Really? Have YOU ridden either of them? You must not have, because Magnum and MF are actually quite a bit alike. They both have straight drops, both have a kind of "pretzel-ish" turn around, and both have some airtime hills. And they both broke similar height records.

The one big difference with those two rides and the CW rides is that between Magnum and MF, Cedar Point built three VERY DIFFERENT RIDES (Mean Streak, Raptor, and Mantis) to help ease the blow of those rides being similar.

I put money on it that we would have been having the EXACT same type of conversation had Cedar Point built Millennium Force in 1994.

No, actually I've never been on either... It's only my home park and live 45 minutes away and been a season pass holder for the past 12 years... The only thing Magnum and MF have in common is there meant for speed and airtime.. that is it.