TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Report - Canada's Wonderland - New Construction!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool PTR, one of these days I am gonna hit up Canada. I believe CF is trying to recreate the buzz they got from Maverick by starting construction so early. Look at all the hype they got from how many hundreds of websites and forums for almost a year before any kind of announcement was made! Kinzel at his best!

Great TR!

Good pics all around, especially of Vortex.

CW looks like a good park, the entrance looks the best out of the former Paramount Parks. Unfortunitely, there are no coasters there that look good enough to get me to drive 10 hours into Canada for. Hopefully project 2008 will change that!

I believe CF is trying to recreate the buzz they got from Maverick by starting construction so early. Look at all the hype they got from how many hundreds of websites and forums for almost a year before any kind of announcement was made! Kinzel at his best!

This construction is nothing like Maverick.

First of all, this construction is not starting early. It's starting at about the average time that 2008 projects start.

And second, Canadas Wonderland isn't watched day in and day out by fanboys who will post on message boards the second any new construction takes place. This construction will have little buzz, and will be barely noticed.

Now when the ride opens, I'm sure there will be a decent amount of hype. As for the most part the GP around here knows nothing about what a good coaster is like. But the construction itself, the people around here could really care less about.

^ That's one website. Compared to the countless threads that follow anything that Cedar Point does.

All you have to do is look at this forum to see what I mean. Where's the Canadas Wonderland construction thread? There isn't one, other then a few posts in the rumor thread.

Because not that many people notice, or really care what CW is doing.

The Pink Panthers Rock! lol One day I'll be have to give the Mondials at Canada's Wonderland a Try.

- Sid

The mondial rocked (except you only get one full swing)...the amount of air you get was incredible!

I was talking more about their Top Scan and Splashover.

Now I understand...Their Topscan rocked (Shockwave) There are pictures of it and it was a way more intense ride than I thought it would be. The most intense part was when you would be straight up in the air and then just hang there after your car was flipping over and over...great! My friend was begging to go on it and then could hardly walk afterwords. The outermost seat on this thing is where to sit!

The Splashover (Cliffhanger) I did not get a chance to ride (it was very hot and by the time we decided to go get wet, we were way on the other side of the park). I also do not have any pictures of it (unfortunately), but I will tell you that watching it run from the line of the Bat, it has a pretty good program, it is a double Splashover and they were running it so you would come down on top of the water and get wet. 6 - 8 full flips is what I was counting.