TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Themed ride you have been on?

I know what Rob and Elissa will say... At least I am guessing it will have something to do with the last posts on the main site.

I'm just wondering what everyone else would say. Oh and this is continuing the theme of the highs and lows of rides.

Truth be told I would have to say the worst themeing I have ever seen was probably X://No Way Out. Granted it has been years since I went on it (it was broken down when I tried to go during the rain last year) but honestly I don't remember anything but black. Black during the line to the ride (so bad I actually got turned around and started heading back out...) and then black during the ride.

Seriously I can't remember any real bad ones right now. I'll try to come up with some.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I think the most disappointing themed ride that I have been on since it was in a major park that should have done it right (and I know a lot of folks are going to disagree with me here) is Ripsaw Falls at IOA. While it is a very fun ride it looks like they ran out of money for the story and theming about 1/2 way inside. Tons of exposed steel girders, lack of paint and anamatronics where they only made 1/2 the body complete the effect. I guess it just contrasts so harshly with the rest of the park it stands out.

You know to be honest I know what you mean. At Thorpe Park on Nemesis Inferno they did such a good job decorating the outside of the station and then the ride dives underneath it and you see all sorts of exposed steel and the like...

Also a huge bummer to me was when I went to WaterWorld (admittedly the second to last weekend of the season) last year the Lost River of the Pharoh's was missing probably about half the old themeing pieces and many of the pieces that were there weren't active. Seeing as it was the first of the themed dark water rides and my favorite ride at the park when we first moved to CO it was a bit disappointing. Of course then there was when they were doing the refurb on the Voyage to the center of the earth and I could see a huge hole in the neck of the T-Rex. That was just funny though and I knew it would be fixed.

I'm not sure if what I'm thinking was Lightning Bolt initial incarnation at MGM Grand Adventures (all indoor coaster).

But there was a particular segment where there were flashes that went off (ride photo?) and it was reflected off of shards of mirror...or something?

Oh, it was bad.

You know to be honest I know what you mean. At Thorpe Park on Nemesis Inferno they did such a good job decorating the outside of the station and then the ride dives underneath it and you see all sorts of exposed steel and the like...

Yer, the front of the volcano looks nice but round the back of the station it is just like a steel building, shame really especailly seeing as it is all on view for the public. And yer, the tunnel on Inferno is pretty bad. Shame though because really it should just be filled with the steam so there isn't really any need for any sort of theming, but most days the steam is on, but not enough. Last season there was a tin of paint in the tunnel all season.

Jonathan I think I remember seeing that paint can in the tunnel as I was there last summer. On the day when there was just that absolutely huge rainstorm. What a great day to go... 2 hour lines for almost everything and then it all gets shut down because of the rain. Still at least I got on Nemesis Inferno and Collosus which was my goal. Actually I got about 3 rides on Nemesis because the singles line was incredibly good.

Yeah the nemesis inferno volcano looks really great from a front view but it's quite dissapointing once you see the side of it and behind it on the exit path.

The tunnel however, can be great if the smoke is really going well and all the lights are on.Otherwise it's like a journey through an underground cark park.

X:/ is definatly one of the most bizzare rides ever concieved. The theme is completly non sensicle (Loads of bizzare banging noise played from speakers whilst the queue is adorned with strange looking robots), the ride itself has three stops where you are subjected to stagnant water and air being blown in your face and are moved backwards and fowards to lazer gun noises.

And to top it all off, on your way out you are greated by a large buzzing panasonic battery.Wtf indeed.

I felt that Superstar Limo was the worst themed attraction I've been on. The idea and how disney carried out the displays was beyond tacky. I really hope they blow us away with the rumored Monster's Inc ride.

SFMW's Dinosphere has been pretty bad over the last couple of years. Why it remains named Dinosphere is a mystery to me since they haven't played the first dino movie for quite some time. At least they pulled most of the dinos now from that area.

^^ KOD never got the TLC it needed and it got really seedy in the last few years. Even when the Knott family ran the park, KOD wasn't mantained real well.

It's a toss-up between Superstar Limo and Winne the Pooh at Disneyland. They are/were not Disney quality.

Hmm... I think the most disappointing themed ride that I have been on since it was in a major park that should have done it right (and I know a lot of folks are going to disagree with me here) is Ripsaw Falls at IOA. While it is a very fun ride it looks like they ran out of money for the story and theming about 1/2 way inside. Tons of exposed steel girders, lack of paint and anamatronics where they only made 1/2 the body complete the effect. I guess it just contrasts so harshly with the rest of the park it stands out.

I have never liked the Hurricain from the SCBB, In fact I would say it totally sucks

I guess the "theming " is the blue paint

and as a first

Chris "I can't believe they replaced the Jet Star with this pile of crap" Perkins