TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: The Johnson's finally get to Dollywood

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik, this was an excellent trip report. I'm looking forward to going to Dollywood in a month and I'm seriously contemplating getting the Q-bot if the lines are long.

Its so cheap, you might as well as get one anyways.

Very nice TR Erik. Sandi and I had a blast at Dollywood last year and reading through your TR really makes me want to go back.

I like how you mentioned Superman as "Mini-Tatsu". That is exactly how I think of that coaster. It is a lot of fun, but after Tatsu, it just is kind of insignificant.

By the way the bands at SFOG were college bands. The one in the picture was University of South Carolina Aiken. Go Pacers!

It might have been a mix of a bunch of bands, because we saw a band from one of the middle schools from my hometown.

Too bad you didn't hit Ninja. If you sit in the Vekoma seats, it really is sweet! I rather would have missed Cyclone. That thing is a total piece of crap.

I have ridden Ninja several times. If you ride Cyclone, try sitting in the front row of the last car. Its actually really good. Everywhere else is death though.

I hit ninja and it wasn't bad. I got the good seat so it was all good. its so funny while waiting in line you see all these people exiting with their head in their hands or rubbing their ears. also superman was very vomit friendly that day. we were two trains from gettin on, someone puked, we had to wait forever to get on. then once we got on and rode, we pulled back into the station and someone else threw up. nice....

Though we don't have q-bots in the U.K. they look very interesting, can u use them on the same ride more than once, how flexible are they on making that time they display for the ride? i remember them being quite fussy at Thorpe Park one day when we missed our half hour slotted time by bout 8 minutes because the queue at KFC was a little bit longer than we thought, queue for Rush was only 20 minutes though so we decided not to make a fuss and just queue.

Rob