TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

28 Weeks Later?

Ryan King

I'm a fan of the "Zombie" Flicks out there. 28 Days later was one of those really good, really creepy, Zombie Movies. I ewas excited to see that theyre making a sequel. Although it doesnt look too bad!

Here are two "backgrounds" of the new film!

The film starts six months after the Rage virus has spread throughout the city of London. The United States Army has restored order and is repopulating the quarantined city, when a carrier of the Rage virus enters London and unknowingly re-ignites the spread of the deadly infection, wreaking havoc on the entire population. Written by thegiantcookie

Seven months after the rage virus has annihilated the British isles, the US army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited--but one of them unwillingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more dangerous than ever Written by fear of sleep

The Official Movie Trailer can be seen here -

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Thoughts on the new film?

-Ryan

444057331_28Weeks.jpg.959183b2fe1f247a072456f891f96a77.jpg

215631133_28days.jpg.3a2a3e9369ee5ce6494db16c29ad901b.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first was alright, but the best zombie flick is still Shaun of the Dead

That wasn't a REAL Zombie movie..just a spin off Comedy. I'm talking about "Night of the Living Dead". Original flicks!

How dare you! Shaun of the Dead was a masterpiece!

Anyways, the new Dawn of the Dead sucked, however, Dead Rising was great

If they do it creatively, it could be really good.

I know it is way too late to suggest a new plot line, but I was thinking something more similar to an Aliens plot:

The US secures the Islands from the disease escaping. In the following weeks and months, they send in remote planes to survey the creatures. They find some are developing intelligence. They send in a team of people to get a ground assesment after they declare it "all clear". They are actually sending them into a trap or the new area where the zombies are evolving. After capturing/killing/raping the team sent in, the new mutated creatures develop either swimming abilities or flying. One escapes and trashes Europe or the US.......

Heck I should publish these ideas somewhere.....lol

^ Agreed.

I generally don't like sequels, unless the original movie was designed to have a sequel, if you see what I mean.

I loved 28 Days Later, to me it was an edgy, creepy, slightly quirky, excellent "horror" movie... I don't like this sacrelige!!

they better use unknown actors like the first... thats why it was so creepy...

i swear, if Samuel L. Jackson stars, it automatically becomes sucky

I agree. I liked the unknown actors.

Anyways this movie seems like its going to be good. I loved the first one. Only time will tell .

The one thing I thought was funny about 28 Days Later was that when ever the main guy walked into a room he would say, "Hello?". And every time he said that a zombie would pop out and try to eat him. It got to the point where I was screaming at the TV "DON'T SAY HELLO!!!". But he'd do it anyway and the zombies continued to pop out.

But as for the second one, I'll probably wait until the DVD.

they better use unknown actors like the first... thats why it was so creepy...

i swear, if Samuel L. Jackson stars, it automatically becomes sucky

The first movie wasn't unknown actors. Just not "a" list actors.

Did you watch the trailer? Because it pretty much shows you how stars in the movie. And it seems like the same case, just non "a" list actors.

The one guy was in The Full Monty.

The one thing I thought was funny about 28 Days Later was that when ever the main guy walked into a room he would say, "Hello?". And every time he said that a zombie would pop out and try to eat him. It got to the point where I was screaming at the TV "DON'T SAY HELLO!!!". But he'd do it anyway and the zombies continued to pop out.

But as for the second one, I'll probably wait until the DVD.

Don't forget that it would get real quiet and all of a sudden, an infected would pop out of somewhere and the tone would set to red.

I liked 28 Days Later in a lot of the same ways as I would a zombie flick, though I still like Romero's Zombie flicks better, even Land of the Dead and I am waiting for Romero's new one Diary of the Dead.

I will see 28 Weeks Later as soon as it comes which is something I don't do all that often, that and Grindhouse are the the only two in the near future I plan on actually bothering going to the movies to see - they won't be out for a while in Australia.

The thing that really got me about 28 days later was the type of Zombies they were. In the past..Zombies are slow moving, brain eating, decayed humans.

In 28 Days later they are not stop, fast, cannibalistic eating machines. They don't stop at all until you kill them. Unlike Night Of the Living Dead zombies where you could just "walk right past them"

-Ryan

Yeah running zombies have their pluses, it made the Dawn of the Dead remake fairly intense and of course 28 Days Later.

I guess from an aesthetic point of view my personal preference is the old school shufflers, they are just creepier to me.

The thing that really got me about 28 days later was the type of Zombies they were. In the past..Zombies are slow moving, brain eating, decayed humans.

In 28 Days later they are not stop, fast, cannibalistic eating machines. They don't stop at all until you kill them. Unlike Night Of the Living Dead zombies where you could just "walk right past them"

-Ryan

Hate to have to correct you, but this isn't a zombie movie. The people are infected with a "rage" virus, so the people are still alive, and all they want to do is kill. They don't feed or anything.

I always found the slow moving zombies to be scarier than the faster ones of the "Dawn of the Dead" remake back in 2004. Faster zombies will eventually give up when you are out of reach. The slow moving zombies will still stumble twoards you, regardless if it will take them hours to catch up with you. They will cross any obsticle to get to you.

That's the curse of working with horror movies, and watching George Romero yell at someone when they ask "When will you make a zombie flick like 28 Days Later"

I haven't seen 28 Days Later (I probably should), but this movie looks pretty cool. Of all of the movies I've seen, I've not seen a single zombie/horror flick that was actually good. However, if this is PG-13 (which I'm doubting), I'll see it in the first week of opening. This movie has a sort of feeling to it that I really enjoy. I love panic in movies, and this one seems to be full of it.

---Brent