TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: New Darien Lake website up!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love how the logo says "Theme Park Resort" but the name of the park is actually "Theme Park & Resort."

Is it just me or do you think that some of these park tasks like "create a new logo" seem like they were done by your average losing team from The Apprentice?

--Robb

I don't know if this has been answered before, but will S:ROS get a new name?

Anyway, the logo looks like it is advertising silly string! I went to the website and I can't scroll down to see what's below "Theme Park & Resort." It's a sign of bad web design.

The local newspaper did have a small tidbit about what's in store for Darien Lake: They'll keep the park admission price the same at $35, $25 for people 55 and older. After 5pm the price drops to $20. They did cut the price of parking to $7. There will be a musical performance at the main stage, Le Grande Cirque, and a kid's show, Blake Daring's Storybook Adventure, which has a pirate theme.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070411/BUSINESS/70411006/1001

Haha Viper's video is actually footage of it's sibling out in California. I didn't think they'd still be able to use that footage.

A lot of this is copy pasted from the Six Flags site.

"Ride of Steel". Oh well, at least it's not like a confusing name change. I didn't think they'd be able to keep Mind Eraser's name either, but I guess they can.

I'm happy just to see Darien Lake cut free from the Six Flags chain. All those years of stagnation after the addition of Superman were just too much for me. Those guys couldn't even give us ONE significant new addition to the park after that.

Let's hope the new management will really take steps to improve this place. God knows it's hard to get people to come visit a park in the middle of a cold, gray hellhole where it snows even in the spring. (We're about to get ANOTHER Nor easter today...in April!)