TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why Do You Love Theme Park Review?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well boys and girls... gather round....its time for a story. HA! Well, I am VERY new to posting. Actually I'm kinda shy, however I've read the rules and have been viewing these boards for quite a while. LOL. Anyway I'm kind of embarrassed to tell this story because its pretty lame BUT I think its funny. Several years ago there was the Thrills Chills and Spills show that came on the Discovery Channel (I know you all know the ones I'm speaking of) and I would record all of them on VHS (I'm a loser)! Ha... and I saw the one where Elissa and that guy who was kind of scared of everything rode the coasters at Knotts and at SFMM... thought that show was great and I thought that girl (Elissa) was a cool chick! When I would get bored I would watch those occasionally. Anyways... I think Elissa is the bomb. And Robb is the 'dot com.' So then some kind of way (not even sure how I found this site) I ended up here. And when I saw Elissa on it...I thought to myself "wow...she looks really familiar." LOL And well, the rest is history. This site is actually my home page and I am here everyday. I work nights so this site tends to really pass the time. But alas... I really appreciate all the time and work that you guys have put into this incredible place that IS TPR. The videos are top of the line and the boards are a kick to read!

You guys rock! Keep it up! And thank you!

Nick"Lame story I know "Constantino

Nick - that story isn't that lame.

I used to watch the coaster shows when they came on but it wasn't must see TV for me. I remember seeing the exact one you are talking about only two years ago and thought the guys friend attitude towards coasters was hysterical. Lo and behold I join this site last summer and it didn't hit me until 3-4 months later that the college student on the show was Elissa.

I first came in because of the videos but stayed here as I love the way ppl writing in here. It is not a strict forum (sex is possible topic) and I love the humor in here. Moreover the trip updates are great and it makes me feel like I am traveling too... .

I've been a member of a couple other coaster related forums and have always left because most people seemed to take everything way too seriously and argued over the smallest details. Example = someone I know once posted a picture asking if anyone knew what coaster it was, he said he thought it was a floorless. It wasn't a floorless, but because the seats were high up it looked like one. Instead of answering the question, he was flamed for thinking it was a floorless coaster when it "clearly wasn't". I can't see that happening here.

Also, valid posts/questions were deleted for no reason. My boyfriend and I planned a trip last summer, everything was already planned, but we posted asking for opinions on other smaller parks in the area that are worth visiting. Instead of offering some advice on the parks, the thread was closed and a comment saying "plan your own damn trip" was left. I don't see anything wrong with asking opinions on what parks are worth visiting, just because a park may look awesome doesn't mean it always is. In these forums I've always seen members being very helpful with sharing opinions and experiences on trip planning and which parks are a must.

For the most part people here are very nice and respectful, which is hard to find..especially considering how diverse [location and age wise] the crowd here is..there's a lot of good information, the rules are few and simple, and although there is a core group of people that have been around probably since these boards started new members are always welcomed. Also, people type in actual words which is always a plus

I... someone I know once posted a picture asking if anyone knew what coaster it was, he said he thought it was a floorless.

Instead of offering some advice on the parks, the thread was closed and a comment saying "plan your own damn trip" was left.

Hmm... I wonder what site that is...

• 1 month later...
Wally's having a BUMPFEST!!

Where do I sign up for one of those?

--Robb "Bump...Bump...Bump..." Alvey

Robb this is the kind of sense of humour we mean.

Everyone loves the site i love everything about it it has taught me so much in the great world of roller coaster.

Peter"we all love this site"Hare