TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TDS TOT Effects

The statue is too large to be dropped into the column it stands on, so that's not it either.

It really is an awesome stunt, and all I could ever think of was a really good hologram, but I was decidedly under the impression that those are more science fiction than science fact right now.

I would think more on the Holoptic image. Back in the day of Classic Video Gaming, Rick Dryer (Dragons Lair Project) Invented a new concept in Video Gaming experience with the parabolic mirror which would create a Holographic image to the viewer, The mirror would reflect the image from a monitor, and you get an awsome effect. I remember this game dearly, and had lots of fun and wasted lots of quarters playing.

They could easily pull this off, with a larger parabolic mirror and High definition monitors.

Here is a link to some video of the game.

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/materials/audiovideo/tt.asp

Check it out, it is very cool how it is done.

wTime_Traveler.jpg.bf483f536df465a43c718985b234edad.jpg

From www.klov.com Killer list of Video games.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The statue is too large to be dropped into the column it stands on, so that's not it either.

I can't give you the exact method, but the statue is attached to some sort of mechanical base that's making it drop.

In reply to rollermonkey. Just because the statue looks to big doesn't mean a thing. Just because the statue looks hard does not mean it is hard. It can be made out of some sort of collapsable soft material so it does fit in the the column. Or its designed to colapse into itself to fit into the column below aswell. This is just my guess on this and is not fact.

My two theories are this:

Behind the monkey is what looks like a screen of some sort. It could be that that screen pops open the monkey goes backwards into it and then the lights come back on.

Second theory: Entire pedistil drops into the floor and another pedistal without a monkey on it shoots up out of the floor. sounds weird I know, but it could work.

I can't give you the exact method, but the statue is attached to some sort of mechanical base that's making it drop.

Exactly. It doesn't appear to be rocket science here. There's a reason the statue is elevated and the room goes dark. How it collapses is for Wes to know, and for us to keep guessing on.

Scott "although I hear Gary Sinese holds the real answer guarded in a secret vault under Mission:Space" B.

• 3 weeks later...

I love how absolutely ignorant some people can be (yes, I know that some of you are kidding). I mean, Wes said it like 5 times and you still posted little theories. Would it kill ya to read a thread before posting?

I really have no idea that Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea has a commercial...

tons of japanese parks really love to air these tvcs when new rides

are going to get launched at the park like Eejanaika's started to air

on the day when it's announced to get built on the land.

Wes you cant say that without explaining it if you want people to believe you I think like someone said earlier it is made out of a hollow foam type thingy with a bit of thread attached to the inside of the head, it then gets pulled down and the monkey slips into the column only to be released after the guests have left.

the gap for it to slip into only has to be tiny and the monkey is raised above the eyeline so it doesnt even have to complety diassapear