TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

What are people's thoughts on the food and wine kiosks being a permanent thing at the park? I love F&W, it's by far my favorite event that WDW does. It seems like a lot of locals show up for the event while it's going on, especially on the weekends. But I'd think that they could create a ton of revenue by having the food and drink options all year round. Maybe I'm crazy, and probably a little selfish since I can't always get down there when the event is taking place. Just curious what others think...

^I think the novelty would wear off if it was year round. Now that they're also offering similar booths during Flower and Garden we at least have a fall and spring food event there. Plus, I like to eat at some of the normal world showcase restaurants and I feel weird doing that during the events.

^I think the novelty would wear off if it was year round. Now that they're also offering similar booths during Flower and Garden we at least have a fall and spring food event there. Plus, I like to eat at some of the normal world showcase restaurants and I feel weird doing that during the events.

I can definitely see that being the case for locals. I really liked what they did for Flower and Garden last year. It wasn't the same, but it was nice to have something while I was there in April that was somewhat close to F&W. Good point on the normal restaurants, I don't think we ate at any of them last time I did F&W.

I agree. The excitement would be greatly diminished if it was year round.

Give those photos I posted from the Saturday opening day, you can see that a lot of people DO make travel plans (local and/or out of town) to visit Food & Wine. To me, Epcot is a "hang out park" and I think people make plans around the season events. IMO, there are four "Epcot Seasons:

1. Food & Wine

2. Flower & Garden

3. Christmas

4. Summer

While they don't really do anything special during the summer months, they don't really need to. The park is plenty busy on it's own. But the other three "special events", between the food booths, the displays, the special version of Illuminations, I do think people plan specific vacations around those events.

I don't think any of it would be as special if they were year round, and they most certainly wouldn't attract a crowd like they did on a September weekend if that was just a "normal" day.

--Robb

I hadn't even thought about the Christmas season. It basically rolls into that once F&W is done. And I'd hate to see some of the crowds during Christmas and Summer if they were doing the booths during those times. I'm probably just bitter because this is the 2nd straight year I'll miss out on it because of work.

Wow, tasty looking menu that! Especially with what's on offer from each of the countries, if I were there during that time, probably would spend at least a couple of hours just walking around, picking off a couple of things from each of the menu and trying them out.

Did anyone that went, get to try anything from the Australian menu? And if so what did you think of it ? (Just curious .. I'm Australian and thought I'd throw it out there)

^I saw some pictures of the Pavlova - it's being served with custard instead of whipped cream. Heinous!

For those people who seem to be complaining that each countries food isn't 100% OMFG authentic, there is something you all need to understand - This is the "Disney version" of food items you will find from different countries. The items, while inspired by each country, is developed by the Disney chefs and created for the audience that comes to the parks.

It may not be 100% authentic, but I can assure you they are 100% DAMN GOOD!

And obviously by the crowds that are come to this event every year, whatever it is they are doing is HUGELY SUCCESSFUL.

So if you're going to complain that an item is *EXACTLY* 1:1 how you might see it in it's native country, and just going to go around the event and pick it apart for authenticity, just don't go to the event. Please. Just stay home.

--Robb "Since when is Australia known for good food anyway!??!" Alvey

Vegetarian haggis tastes exactly like meaty haggis, which is like a spicy oatmeal. If you like spicy turkey sausage stuffing then you would like haggis. It's surprisingly good, although I personally had to be a little tipsy before trying it the first time!

It goes well with Scotch whiskey in my experience.

Vegetarian haggis tastes exactly like meaty haggis, which is like a spicy oatmeal. If you like spicy turkey sausage stuffing then you would like haggis. It's surprisingly good, although I personally had to be a little tipsy before trying it the first time! It goes well with Scotch whiskey in my experience.

What does it come with? Is it just the haggis on a plate?