TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ridden Vekoma's inverts (T2, Runaway Reptar and Face/Off) ... their layouts are fun but their little cars can't take the force. If Vekoma made a new chasis for their trains that was buff I would like them a lot more but they're not high on my list as is.

I am probably in the minority here.

I like Vekoma's and I re-ride them. I never get head bang-age.

I can also re-ride Arrow's as well.

They don't bother me, and if you want to talk a glutton for punishment, I can win that award, by riding the Steel Phantom 8 times in one day, and it didn't hurt a bit.

Katie

What are we here? A bunch of wusses. I thought all this "the coaster beat me up" stuff was for the "General Public".

B&M and Intamin got y'all spoiled to the point where you forgot what coasters were like.

Don't get me wrong, I don't travel around and look for abuse, but I will ride anything again, so long as it doesn't do any "damage".

// Once marathoned Thunderbolt ... and lived to tell the tale.

Which T-Bolt Ted, there is more then one! LOL!

As for the one in KW, that thing has gotten rough, but not to the point that it isn't re-rideable.

Katie, who has a bad back, but will still ride a rough woodie any day, O.

Mm Thunderbolt, but prefer Jack Rabbit .. counting the days til June 4th when I get to ride again .. but as for Vekoma's .. some of the newer ones except Gauntlet have been pretty enjoyable. The design isn't the chasis, it's the wheel configuration. With non-spring loaded rolling stock and only one set of the three wheels in contact with the track at once, thats what gives the horrible ride, well that and poorly planned execution of the turns and inversions.

I still ride em .. I'm a credit whore.

Since some people do like Vekomas, I will TRY to like Vekomas. What is Vekomas latest roller coaster and how does it ride? If I can see that there newer coaster models run a lot better than MAYBE I will change the way I think about Vekomas. I will need a lot of proof to change my mind though!

Rock 'N Roller Coaster kicks arse .. but then again, Disney modified the trains after Vekoma shipped them and Gauntlet sucks, but it was built in 2000 and sat idle in the Netherlands until Magic Springs purchased the ride.

That really isn't helping me to like Vekomas. Disney had to replace the trains after they sent the coaster to Disney. How sad. Another thing is that Deja Vu is almost always closed down due to mechanical problems.

So far I rate Vekoma 2/10

Eh, I make fun of Vekomas like everyone else, but to be honest, they're not that bad. Keep in mind that Disneyland's Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad are Vekomas, and they're pretty smooth in my opinion.

Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney/MGM was enjoyable for me.

Even the dreaded Kong (SLC at SFMW) wasn't that bad when I rode it in 1999. (And it had a bad rep even then.)

Vekomas are fun to make fun of, but I won't stay off of a coaster just because it says "Vekoma" on it.

Eric

I didn't know that Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad were Vekomas! :shock: I didn't know such a good ride could be made from Vekoma! But didn't Big Thunder Mountain Railroad have some accidents resulting in injuries or death? Since Vekoma made those 2 coasters, I will bring up my liking of them.

My new rating for Vekoma is 3/10

Would of been four but Big Thunder Mountain Railroad had that mishab. If I'm wrong about that I will move it up to four.

I live in a country where the most exciting coaster is a Vekoma SLC, forget about headbanging they just don't make remarkable coasters and how many of those Boomerangs are there, they are like a plague os coaster mediocrity. Though I will always ride them at least once for the credit.

The Deja Vu's had potential but they are SBNO too often. Admittedly I haven't been on Rock n Roller Coaster which looks alright, albeit it sounds like Disney rectified Vekoma's shortcomings.

Hello,

Anything is better than a Togo coaster. I have only been on a Togo coaster once and that was at SFGA on Viper. I thought that my neck was going to snap off, all the other riders agreed with me when they got off.

Dane

What are we here? A bunch of wusses. I thought all this "the coaster beat me up" stuff was for the "General Public".

B&M and Intamin got y'all spoiled to the point where you forgot what coasters were like.

I think the same kind of thing when people bash wood coasters like Mean Streak or Jack Rabbit, that they've been spoiled by GCI, CCI, or whatever they're called right now.

At least wood coasters don't bang your head around in the way that only a Veklona can.

Ok, I've been on 3 SLC's, one of them was the first ever (El Condor-Walibi World), and that thing isn't so bad, but it is the worst of the 3, al the kiddies are ok, the woodies... nah one of them is terrible (loup Garou-Walibi Belgium), but the other I've done is Robin Hood, that really is a good one.

The Mine Train's are verry good, Colorado Adventure @ Phantasialand and Big Thunder Mountain in Paris are smooth and verry fun, only the Calamity Mine in Walibi Belgium is a bit boring.

And then the RNRC types, the one in Walibi World is good, only boring because it's outside, and the one in Paris is verry good.

The only 2 Vekoma's that suck are the Tornado @ Avonturenpark Hellendoorn, and the Space Mountain @ Disneyland Paris.