TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I definately do not hate Vekoma. I've never really had a big problem with their rides. I will admit, I think T2 needs to have the torch and crane taken to it, but I'll still ride the thing when I go to the park. It hurts everytime, but I'll still ride it. Other than that, I've never really had a problem. I actually like most of their rides. Believe it or not, SLCs are actually a really fun ride when they are smooth.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Vekoma. I think the Boomerang was highly innovative for it's time, and the SLC's have a wonderful layout. It really depends on the company that constructs the Vekoma coaster and how the park maintains them. From what I've heard, each park usually uses a local company to build the ride. If the ride is not built with care, the results tend to be a rough coaster. There are some SLC's out there that are just as smooth, if not smoother than some B&M's! I just rode Wild Adventures' Hangman and it was super smooth, a total blast! Much more comfortable than, say, SFoT's Batman. Another thing I like about Vekoma and Arrow trains is that your head/neck has plenty of space to move. If you brace your neck through the rough transitions, your head will never touch the shoulder bars. I think the Vekoma Flyers are highly enjoyable also. Batwing is very fun. And, Deja Vu was highly intense! Sometimes I get tired of B&M's - feeling like you're gliding around on air. I love feeling like I'm riding a "real" coaster.

And some food for thought: If the Boomerangs are really that bad, why did 50+ parks buy one? Same goes for their (almost) 40 SLC's. It's not just because they're cheap. Would you buy a pile a dog sh*t just because you could afford it? No, of course not. They are crowd-pleasers.

-kip-

Newsflash: Choice IS an issue.

If Vekoma coasters do you no good, stay of them, if I dont like a coaster I take the sensible option ..... dont ride it again, no fanfare and no parade and no second chances.

But then again, I've ridden plenty of coasters and had no issues with one yet, sure, some have been rough - but elts face it you're swooping around at high speeds and twisting through inversions, do you expect a skate on ice? Not charicteristic *ties hands down to stop rant* blah blah.

Sometimes I get tired of B&M's - feeling like you're gliding around on air. I love feeling like I'm riding a "real" coaster.

That was my point exactly.

I agree i mean riding a vekoma is like riding a REAL coaster. To me they are like a wooden coaster with inversions and OTSR, I am sure most of us here like riding wooden coasters because they are rough, well a Vekoma is just that!

I think that De Ja Vu is more fun that Face Off but you can see each other, plus it has less down time that De Ja Vu.

• 1 month later...

Most Vekomas aren't too bad. I can ride Vekomas over and over. They don't give me a headache afterwards, but it hurts a little bit on Boomerangs, Corkscrews & SLCs. DejaVu is usally always open when I'm at Magic Mtn and its not 2 rough. Boomerang hurts as much as Viper which is an Arrow. Gadgets, Thunder Mtn, Space Mtn, and DejaVu don't hurt at all. I'm guessing that Boomerang and Kong at SFMW hurt as much as Knotts Boomerang & Viper.

Kevin"Theres a HUGE difference between woodies and Vekomas though!"Bujold

I don't mind Vekoma's at all! Sure they aren't B&M smooth but they give out a hell of a lot more forces! No Vekoma has ever given me a headache before though..Togo on the other hand is another thing

But even Togo coasters are fun; with a few expections.

Michael "I'd rather ride Deja vu than Silver Bullet!"Thomas

Some B&Ms are rough now anyway .. after my trip to Ohio I found that I'm disliking more B&Ms more and more. I mean Dominator at GL was very rough, almost like Superman at Fiesta .. could be that the train was empty which is a problem with Superman.

I don't like Vekoma, but isn't it obvious that everyone on this site doesn't also? You don't need to make a thread about it because all these members are bashing Vekoma in every single thread! Whatever.

Nobody bashes Togo, and I personally think Viper (SFGADv) is worse then any Vekoma coaster I've been on.

I'll stop rambling now.

The last Vekoma coaster I rode was the Borg Assimilator at Paramount's Carowinds, and it is one of the better Vekoma's that i've ever been on.

With that said, they aren't that bad. I've ridden worst, and International Coasters, Inc "Hurler" comes to mind. That is without a doubt the worst wooden coaster i've ever been on.

I'm not a huge fan of Vekoma's, being B&M inclined - but then, I prefer Moby to deathmetal - but after riding Batwing at SFA and S:UF at SFGAdv in the same week, I gotta say I prefer the Vekoma fliers I've ridden to the B&M yawner.

I don't chime in around here often enough... but here's my two cents.

Vekoma just design rides poorly. Go look at video of Goudurix... or hell, even a few photos. The rides often appear to be thrown together. On top of that, their bogie design coupled with odd track profiles just makes for an awful ride. So yeah... Vekoma sucks for the most part.