TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Wait, I thought that it just had the same number of screens, not that the actual ride matched. If its the same ride, then your drawing is probably correct. However, for the Hollywood building, I know that the up and down elevators don't have the same orientation (you could see some of the layout before the building closed up) and on the up elevator, it basically makes a u turn out (I think)

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I slanted the drawing trying to get an exact feel for that.

I Figured that to save some money during the design process they decided to keep the track and screen layouts the same just to save on engineering design time and the GCI design.

They had to engineer a computer program to predict the movement of the cars to make sure the film stayed 3D while the cars were in motion. They'd have to go back and re-design that program (or make a more advanced one) for a new layout. Since they have a system that works quite spectacularly and seemlessly, I have a feeling this is more of a second gen Spidey in nearly every aspect.

That's not a bad thing either. Spiderman is my favorite ride at IOA, simply because of it's constant and flowing story with very good transitions unlike "awkward screen-to-scene transitions" that Journey has.

@SoCalCoasters: Well here's the thing about the next-gen Spider-man theory: Since Universal has announced that they're giving Spider-man some upgrades, I don't think they're going to replace it with Transformers, if that's what you're getting at. That's assuming it would cost more than we think. On the other hand, like someone pointed out already, the only problem would be the lack of a second story. But when does management or Obama say that they have to use the elevators? They could easily just have two screens back-to-back to substitute for the elevators; that way, if they do plan on taking out Spiderman, they wouldn't have to redo the building and save a ton.

Then again, I would rather have Transformers exclusive to Hollywood and Singapore so that Orlando will have some incentive to visit us, but then again, I thought I would bring up how Florida could incorporate Transformers over there.

^No, I don't think Spidey will get replaced by Transformers, and adding a second story to it would be ridiculous.

Sorry, doing a ton of brainstorming here...

What I meant is that Universal has already developed Spiderman, and all of its various aspects.

Transformers being refered to as a "Second Gen Spidey", with the same type of ride of ride vehicle (updated), and the facts about the ride led me to believe that they took the layout, and placement of screens that they already knew would work, and then used them to develop a new version of the ride with Transformers as it's theme.

Of course since USH has space issues, they took the layout, modified it slightly so it could be two stories, but used the same screen positons to make creating the ride sequences easier.

To back up my claim, the footage of the ride that was shown (being towed by Decepticons) was as someone noticed, very similar to the scene where you're dragged around NYC sky in Spidey.

^Considering this discussion is supposed to be about Transformers in Singapore, let's try and move away from Spiderman.

As of right now, it isn't going anywhere. The park is investing a great deal of time and money in re-animating the film and upgrading the projectors in the ride. As it stands, Spiderman isn't leaving Islands of Adventure.

Now back to the stellar-looking Transformers ride!

Wait, I thought that it just had the same number of screens, not that the actual ride matched. If its the same ride, then your drawing is probably correct. However, for the Hollywood building, I know that the up and down elevators don't have the same orientation (you could see some of the layout before the building closed up) and on the up elevator, it basically makes a u turn out (I think)

We haven't seen the ride yet. But the Elevators may have been added due to space restraints. It is a screen based attraction. Depending on how that section of the ride works, the elevator may not even be needed, and the ride system in Florida would be able to be modified from that point.

Wild speculation. Obviously, I don't have access to the technical plans. I'm sure Universal has already been thinking of this.

^Considering this discussion is supposed to be about Transformers in Singapore, let's try and move away from Spiderman.

As of right now, it isn't going anywhere. The park is investing a great deal of time and money in re-animating the film and upgrading the projectors in the ride. As it stands, Spiderman isn't leaving Islands of Adventure.

Now back to the stellar-looking Transformers ride!

I would like to remind everyone that this was JUST posted in the thread. Please remember to read before posting and keep the thread on topic.

BSG is having a lot of trouble today, with both sides taking turns to break down. That particular problem on Human track has returned: where the brakes on the lift hill suddenly engage during a launch. There was some other issue on the Cylon side which had crew members checking the wheels with a flashlight.

Anyway, many photos from the park today: Christmas decor and the Transformers Supply Vault. Some are similar to what has already been posted.

The REAL vault is here..

If anyone's interested to see more, head to my photo post here: http://dejiki.com/2011/11/uss-update-nov11/

A fresh round of teasers from our "friend of TPR" in Sentosa!!

At just over two weeks until opening, test and adjust is quickly wrapping up! No word yet on public soft openings but I'm excited to see the finished product! Too bad I have to wait until Hollywood opens theirs...

On to the photos!

DSCF1816.thumb.jpg.0fe4e09005a52f003c9d99e59a3b091e.jpg

Apparently they weren't done with the attraction entrance!

DSCF1818.thumb.jpg.fc8a883d500bc9ec449528775f8596c5.jpg

They added a full size Bumblebee to the marquee!

DSCF1819.thumb.jpg.a175dd6498e13cc578a1c36430a597f2.jpg

The detail in the figure is incredible!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

Transformers: The Ride - Annual Passholders' Previews!

I just got word that Transformers will be open to Annual Passholders in a WEEK!!

The ride will soft open for Annual Passholders on 25th and 26th November, and will be operating during normal park hours (which is 10am~9am). Not sure if other guests will be able to ride.

Unlike the previous Annual Passholder Previews, registration is not required. That probably means there won't be freebies anymore. :\

Edit:

Official EDM from RWS:

Discounts!

Superstar pass holders get to enjoy 35%# off KT's Grillâ„¢, Hollywood China Bistroâ„¢, Starbot Cafe and Celebrity Cafe & Bakeryâ„¢ on the 25th and 26th November 2011.

Fun pass and Action pass holders get to enjoy 20%# off KT's Grillâ„¢, Hollywood China Bistroâ„¢, Starbot Cafe and Celebrity Cafe & Bakeryâ„¢ on the 25th and 26th November 2011.

# Excluding alcohol and souvenir items

Edited by digimax

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

Transformers: The Ride - Annual Passholders' Previews!

I just got word that Transformers will be open to Annual Passholders in a WEEK!!

The ride will soft open for Annual Passholders on 25th and 26th November, and will be operating during normal park hours (which is 10am~9am). Not sure if other guests will be able to ride.

Unlike the previous Annual Passholder Previews, registration is not required. That probably means there won't be freebies anymore. :\

So this is you!!!!

Edited by look321